Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PNSO Sauropelta

Go down 
+5
landrover
widukind
Bonnie
Ana
costicuba
9 posters
AuthorMessage
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PNSO Sauropelta Empty
PostSubject: PNSO Sauropelta   PNSO Sauropelta EmptyMon Mar 29, 2021 10:58 pm

Next walkaround from me , is again a model of an nodosaurid.

Isaac , the Sauropelta.

I would like to share, that the Safari Sauropelta is one of my favorite Safari dino models . If I exclude the carnegie collection,
maybe it is the favorite one for me.
But again, PNSO managed to make a model, which made me want it even if I already have a favorite one.

But we will go back to Safari one later.

Here is the PNSO one :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Again PNSO`s model is made with a nice, realistic looking pose, good choise of colours
and I think, it is not necessary to mention the wonderful sculpted details. It is the PNSO trademark  Very Happy

I really like also the shape of the body, which is a bit different than this one on the Safari model and also more accurate.
The head is sculpted very beautiful. It look`s very charming.
And it has one very interesting aspect of sculpting choice of armor, especially the spikes , and we will se that later also, when comparing it with Safari one.

Now, let`s have a walk around our Isaac :

Let`s see this charming head closer :

How this model look`s next to the Safari one ?
let`s see it now :

Both models looks great , both have great details and also like size works perfect together.

The main difference is the famous spikes around the neck...

We can clearly see the difference of the spikes on both models . The Safari one has longer uper ones,
while the PNSO is oposite.
Also on the PNSO one , they are actually not 4 but 5 big spikes, which is also a new thing.

Based on the discovered specimens and the reconstructions of the sceleton, the Safari one is more accurate.

But I am also sure , that PNSO sculptor did that on purpose and not by mistake.

Then why the PNSO one is different ? This is still a mistery for us, but one is sure,
both models look`s great together  Very Happy

For more interesting info and more comparisons between these two models, please watch this video by DinosDragons :

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PNSO Sauropelta Empty
PostSubject: Re: PNSO Sauropelta   PNSO Sauropelta EmptyTue Mar 30, 2021 8:30 am

A great looking model again! And excellent walk around. Very Happy
What makes you think that the (incorrect?) spike placement is not just a mistake?

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PNSO Sauropelta Empty
PostSubject: Re: PNSO Sauropelta   PNSO Sauropelta EmptyTue Mar 30, 2021 10:09 am

Another fantastic PNSO walkaround, I enjoyed every photo of Isaac! cheers cheers
He's stunning, and the Safari model is beautiful too, and it's really interesting how they both sculpted a different number of spines, and it was PNSO who did it differently from what is known about the species! study
Really clear and detailed photos again- imagine if one day you took photos of all your PNSO models together, that would be a stunning sight! affraid cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PNSO Sauropelta Empty
PostSubject: Re: PNSO Sauropelta   PNSO Sauropelta EmptyTue Mar 30, 2021 12:09 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PNSO Sauropelta Empty
PostSubject: Re: PNSO Sauropelta   PNSO Sauropelta EmptyTue Mar 30, 2021 10:42 pm

With this magnific walkaround, this animal enters in my list.

Thanks for sharing. cheers cheers

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PNSO Sauropelta Empty
PostSubject: Re: PNSO Sauropelta   PNSO Sauropelta EmptyWed Mar 31, 2021 7:21 am

Beautyful, beautyful Isac cheers
And beautyful, beautyful pictures - as alsways from Kosta Wink

If I could, I would have one as a pet, because he also looks so cute drunken
Safasak is lovely also, - they could perhaps be a wonderful pair ? Very Happy

Thankyou for sharing, dear Kosta !!!! Applause

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PNSO Sauropelta Empty
PostSubject: Re: PNSO Sauropelta   PNSO Sauropelta EmptyWed Mar 31, 2021 12:09 pm

Oh, I love misteries and this one is really intriguing.
Usually, the less accurate interpretations are related with design questions, being it ergonomy, children safety, artistic license, or so. I agree the Safari Sauropelta is one of the best Safari models ever made. If there is a company who could do it better, it was PNSO but clearly the sculptor gave up. Laughing He had two options:
1 - playing defensive, if the Safari model is almost perfect, just copy it and give a richer level of detail
2 - Playing bold, sculpting something with relevant differences preserving the PNSO autencity
Choice was number 2 and I applaud it. The main difference are the spikes and it is not easy to understand an option that is less accurate and also less attractive and with an extra pair of spikes.
So, I think it is a female, these spikes were surely used as sensorial tools and who has an extra sense? ... ladies. On the other hand the long erected spikes are obviously the traditional masculine exhibitionism. Laughing Oh, I didn't know I was such a versed person about Palaeonthology. geek
Sorry for not giving a more scientific approach, your perfect walk around deserved it but in this matter I am just someone who is learning with these topics. I really like a lot both models but I equally favour the Safari rendition.

Caracal

Country/State : France

PNSO Sauropelta Empty
PostSubject: Re: PNSO Sauropelta   PNSO Sauropelta EmptyWed Mar 31, 2021 10:36 pm

Thank you for this so beautiful and useful walkaround Kosta, the 2 Sauropelta fit very well together! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PNSO Sauropelta Empty
PostSubject: Re: PNSO Sauropelta   PNSO Sauropelta EmptySat Apr 03, 2021 3:23 am

Thank you very much for your wonderful comment everybody sunny

Ana wrote:

What makes you think that the (incorrect?) spike placement is not just a mistake?

Well, until now, PNSO showed, that before making a model, the sculptor (s) , make a lot of resurch,
based on the latest discoveries.
For example, for their last T-Rex , PNSO showed a long video, explaining every detail and why they made it like that.
And the result is maybe the most accurate T-Rex on the market now.
When we search for Sauropelta images on internet, everywere this dino is presented with the spikes, which Safari made.
So, I really don`t think, that PNSo can make this by mistake.
There is other reason and I hope soon they will explain it to us :)

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PNSO Sauropelta Empty
PostSubject: Re: PNSO Sauropelta   PNSO Sauropelta EmptyTue Apr 13, 2021 7:08 pm

Very beautiful guy, with very unusual spikes as some friends noticed. scratch

I have no explanation, it is surprising because, I agree with Kosta, PNSO sculptor try to make accurate and realistic dinos for now.

It is a very very nice walkaround cheers and at least this one won't cost me too much. The model is superb but the Safari Ltd is still a great great thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PNSO Sauropelta Empty
PostSubject: Re: PNSO Sauropelta   PNSO Sauropelta Empty

Back to top Go down

PNSO Sauropelta
Page 1 of 1