Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)

Go down 
+19
pipsxlch
Kikimalou
landrover
widukind
Farm collector
spacelab
lucky luke
Pardofelis
Seeway
Advicot
Caracal
Taos
rogerpgvg
A-J
Saarlooswolfhound
Jill
Roger
Bonnie
SeanieP
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2021 9:40 pm

Great start!!

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2021 9:44 pm

SeanieP wrote:
rogerpgvg wrote:
Ah, the Schleich trees. Very beautiful but so expensive.

I am finding what I have been collecting over the last 10 years is worth so much now because they do not make them anymore such as the trees adn river/waterfall.

Good decision to buy them then. Great to see the Schleich river as the centre piece in the diorama.
Back to top Go down
SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2021 4:09 am

Okay, so it is starting to come alive slowly but surely. I have completed the Village with Boma and outside the Boma with some wildlife. They is includes warthogs, grants gazelle, dik-dik, African wild cat, southern ground hornbill, African Porcupine, Serval, mongoose, Colobus Monkey and African Pied Crow. Village animals include chickens, goats and a few cows plus a dog with his master around the fire.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2021 4:21 am

Holy smokes, it is really beautiful! So many things to look at and I can't imagine all your hard work. It looks so so good! Cannot wait to see more. Very Happy

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Seeway

Seeway

Country/State : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2021 5:09 am

Amazing job! I have to express my respect here.
But it must cost quite an effort to dust and maintain the completed beautiful work.
Back to top Go down
SeanieP

SeanieP

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2021 5:23 am

Not yet since it is just being set up. It is in a room in the basement that does not collect much dust. We'll see!

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2021 8:19 am

Absolutely atonishing!!!!! I fell in love!!!

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2021 8:36 am

Very Happy Applause Applause cheers Cool sunny
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2021 9:16 am

A hugue work for a magnifiscent result! cheers cheers Applause but please, more closer pictures to see  the african wildcat and other details! bounce bounce

.. and which brand is this wonderful serval from please? Shocked
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2021 9:55 am

I'm speechless, this is just wonderful!
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2021 10:45 am

This is absolutely amazing!! Shocked cheers Applause
There are no words to describe the effort, and time and skill that must have gone in to making something so realistic and so so beautiful- you have captured a wonderful natural world in miniature and I just love everything about it! cheers cheers The animals are all perfectly to scale, and I even spotted the chickens which I also have- I'm sure you'll agree that these tiny models and especially the chicks are just exquisite! Very Happy And all the trees and plants- they look as though they are real- did you buy them or make them? What material are they? And I'd love to know how you made the ground surface? And the wooden fencing is fantastic- did you buy this? Very Happy Sorry for so many questions, I am so amazed by this! Embarassed I am really looking forward to seeing it progress, this must be one of the best dioramas I have seen!
And I of course love the dog with his master by the fire! I love you
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2021 10:50 am

Caracal wrote:

I would say it's from the brand "Beauty of the Beast"

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Farm collector

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2021 11:25 am

Amazing, I.m speechless Shocked What a wonderful diorama drunken bounce Applause cheers

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2021 2:25 pm

It is really phantastic! What brand and material are all the animals? I think homemade.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SeanieP

SeanieP

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2021 4:57 pm

Caracal wrote:
A hugue work for a magnifiscent result! cheers cheers Applause but please, more closer pictures to see  the african wildcat and other details! bounce bounce

You can find him here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SeanieP

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2021 5:01 pm

widukind wrote:
It is really phantastic! What brand and material are all the animals? I think homemade.
Some homemade by others, some are brands such as the warthogs which are Schleich. The materials are railroad/train diorama materials and some are floral arrangement materials you get from a hobby shop, all cut down to size. Some trees are home made by friends.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2021 5:07 pm

SeanieP wrote:
widukind wrote:
Some homemade by others, some are brands such as the warthogs which are Schleich. The materials are railroad/train diorama materials and some are floral arrangement materials you get from a hobby shop, all cut down to size. Some trees are home made by friends.

Thank you

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2021 5:13 pm

Wow!! Beautiful and detailed! It's already incredible! Do you have placement of everything planned in advance, or are you figuring out where things will go as you work?
Back to top Go down
SeanieP

SeanieP

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2021 5:22 pm

Jill wrote:
Wow!! Beautiful and detailed! It's already incredible! Do you have placement of everything planned in advance, or are you figuring out where things will go as you work?

I have somewhat an idea as to what sections of the diorama each species will go but I put together the landscape as I move along, seeing what works best. The larger landscape materials (larger trees adn rocks/little mountain will be placed in their designated area and then I work around them with scenic materials and animals.

Last edited by SeanieP on Sun May 02, 2021 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2021 6:31 pm

Absolutely stunning Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2021 6:51 pm

Thank you for the link SeanieP! :)
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2021 9:56 pm

Wow, this is amazing. When I saw all the bits you had collected, I thought it was going to be good, but I didn't expect it to be this good. The African village is a great idea, and everything has been so beautifully arranged, with the huts, the fence and the watering hole. And it's only the start.

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2021 10:21 pm

Wonderful job , many figures in very good position and with great distribution

of spaces and colors. Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

SeanieP

SeanieP

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2021 1:58 am

Here is the beginning of the local lion pride hanging on a Kopje after a zebra kill. Still need some details and will soon spread into the open plains that most materials will be savannah wildlife. The lions are keeping off two pestie jackals as the Marabou Storks wait patiently on the group and the tree.

I think I also need African scenic backdrops.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2021 5:25 am

What a great pride! Those custom models are just beautiful. The jackals of course catch my eye most though. Wink

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next