Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)

Go down 
+19
pipsxlch
Kikimalou
landrover
widukind
Farm collector
spacelab
lucky luke
Pardofelis
Seeway
Advicot
Caracal
Taos
rogerpgvg
A-J
Saarlooswolfhound
Jill
Roger
Bonnie
SeanieP
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 03, 2021 8:37 am

What a pack!! your rocky arrangement look very realistic.drunken  Is the lying lion the old Shleich custom? cheers cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 03, 2021 10:11 am

Such a stunning pride of lions, I love how you have set them up so that there is so much to look at! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 03, 2021 11:22 am

It is all so impressive that I don't know what to say. Laughing Just keep enjoying the progression and every single detail. cheers

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 03, 2021 1:02 pm

WOW  affraid  bounce Applause Applause cheers cheers

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 03, 2021 4:19 pm

Fantastic pride!!

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 3 EmptyTue May 04, 2021 3:04 am

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I am excited to be finally working on this project. I think I have a small table to add on that will be the watering hole. Becasue where will my crocs, hippos and water birds live? And the wildlife needs to drink.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 3 EmptyTue May 04, 2021 8:20 am

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 3 EmptyTue May 04, 2021 10:26 am

At last what a great adventure. I remember having followed all your acquisitions year after year and this new subject will finally reveal to us the dreams that have inspired you for all this time? It's just wonderful. I await the rest with impatience and joy. Very Happy

I hope we will see closer pics of every part of your dio !
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 3 EmptyTue May 04, 2021 5:05 pm

This is just amazing. Bravo! Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
SeanieP

SeanieP

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 17, 2021 3:27 am

Here are updated photos on the progress of the Diorama. I have just about finished the plains/savannah area and starting the other side of the river. Getting into the wooded/forest section. Sorry for blurry photos. Once south of the river is complete, I will take closer photos. I feel the plains look a little crowded but it cannot be as realistic as the real thing I guess. Maybe I will move some of the animals to north of the river. I plan on another smaller table as the water hole area. I will be working on the desert part as well. I think there needs to be small back drops so I can take closer on the ground photos vs "aerial" shots.  Lots of work and time but a great project to work on!

Animals include zebra, wildebeest, lion, warthogs, tommy gazelle, Hirola, Hunter's Hartebeest, Secretary Bird, genet, caracal, serval, pied crow, ground squirrel, green lizard, Aardvark, Aardwolf, African Clawless Otter, African Grey Parrott, African Open Bill Stork, African Porcupine, African Sacred Ibis, African Savanna Hare, Banded Mongoose, Black Backed Jackal, African Wild Cat, Black-and-white Colobus, Cheetah, Civet, Coke's Hartebeest, Common Stork, Kori Bustard, Eastern Yellow-billed Hornbill, Genet, Giraffe, Grant's Gazelle, green lizard, Helmeted Guinea fowls, Honey Badger, Klipspringer, Marabou Stork, Martial Eagle, Nyala, Oribi, Peregrine Falcon, Roan Antelope, Rock Hyrax, Saddle-billed Stork, shoebill, Spotted Hyena, Swayne's dik-dik, Spoonbills, White rhino, White-faced Whistling Duck, and Yellow-billed Stork.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 17, 2021 10:01 am

Wow affraid  Your display looks wonderful drunken cheers So realistic  and amazing with all its different details Applause Applause cheers

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 17, 2021 10:40 am

What an absolutely beautiful diorama, every time you post new photos I am more and more amazed! cheers cheers
This really is the best way to display a stunning collection like yours, it is as good as being in Africa! Very Happy So many wonderful models, plants- and everywhere you look there is something new to see! Applause sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 17, 2021 11:14 am

Not crouded at all. Obviously you cannot show the animals as dispersed as they are in real but it has a very good balance and you can show them with a very pleasant effect. What you are presenting to us is something really grand! cheers

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 17, 2021 4:32 pm

This is really great to see, thanks for sharing your project here. Its fun to see each herd and pack and flock together, and to spot the small customs like the antelope calf getting a drink from its mother. Really great work and photos and all!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 17, 2021 6:12 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 17, 2021 10:21 pm

Looks great! Lots of interesting details. I like the termite hill. Did you make it?

SeanieP

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 24, 2021 2:34 am

I have completed where the giraffes are browsing and part of the upper river. I also painted the Safari LTD light gray wildebeest a brownish color. I did not think they looked very realistic as a light gray. I also included them in the herd of zebra coming to the river. I also show the hyena den. Plus the beginning the forest area with the animals in location (Bongo, Okapi, red river hog). Just need to put in the flora around them and add in more animals such as chimps and gorillas.

More to come on the waterhole and the desert/dry scrub parts. Need to get a better phone to take pics. They are not great. Sorry! I plan on getting induvial photos of each species when done.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 24, 2021 4:05 am

I really don't have words to describe how cool your project is! I love each photo you share. Great work and nice job on every detail. Are your little hyena cubs in the den? I would love a picture if you have any time. Razz Applause cheers

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 24, 2021 5:05 am

This is an esplendid job, many details, very good proportion.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 24, 2021 7:34 am

landrover wrote:

This is an esplendid job, many details, very good proportion.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Absolutly agree cheers cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 24, 2021 10:33 am

This is so cool! And there is so much to see, I have to look at the pictures multiple times to see everything cyclops

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
SeanieP

SeanieP

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 24, 2021 1:15 pm

Thanks All--I plan on getting closer with pictures of each species. Some are hard to see or hidden.

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 24, 2021 6:48 pm

Absolutely beautiful! cheers
Back to top Go down
Farm collector

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2021 11:26 am

Applause Applause bounce cheers

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2021 5:14 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

PostSubject: Re: After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)   After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

After 5+ years, I am finally starting the Eastern African Diorama (Updated July 5 with chimp troop and desert/jungle worked)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next