Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.

Go down 
+19
Birdsage
Joliezac
spacelab
RtasVadumee
pipsxlch
rogerpgvg
bmathison1972
Megaptera
landrover
Taos
George
Kikimalou
Caracal
Jill
Bonnie
Roger
Pardofelis
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 13 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2021 4:20 am

Personally, I like the Papo impala, but I respect your opinions. As you say, different strokes for different folks.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 13 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2021 1:09 pm

Roger wrote:
spacelab wrote:
Hehe... it's hard to understand why you don't like the Bongo, but sure I agree about the Mano Negra bongo. Laughing  

You can find the explanation [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] study

Laughing Laughing  It is indeed a part of the explanation and I don't think it is a bad model.

When CollectA produced its Bongo in 2017,  I already had three marvelous Bongos for years in my collection: Starlux, Kaiyodo and Anna's one. The CollectA Bongo wasn't a step above in my eyes. Like all collectors I have to make choices because of lack of place and money issues.

For the Hirola, Saola or Saïga, it was another matter, I jumped on them faster than light  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 13 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2021 1:11 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:
spacelab wrote:
Hehe... it's hard to understand why you don't like the Bongo, but sure I agree about the Mano Negra bongo. Laughing  

You can find the explanation [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] study

Laughing Laughing  It is indeed a part of the explanation and I don't think it is a bad model.

When CollectA produced its Bongo in 2017,  I already had three marvelous Bongos in my collection: Starlux, Kaiyodo and Anna's one. The CollectA Bongo wasn't a step above in my eyes. Like all collectors I have to make choices because of lack of place and money issues.

For the Hirola, Saola or Saïga, it was another matter, I jumped on them faster than light  Very Happy

The Bongo is missing in my collection, too. I´m still not convinced about the model, it doesn´t remind me on those beautiful species that I already saw in zoos. So I´m still waiting for another model, however I´m surprised that no company made one as it´s one of the most beautiful anteleopes that exist...
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 13 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2021 2:04 pm

Well, I wouldn’t say no other companies, but these others (PV, Yowie, K&M) are all really small.
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2021 5:09 pm

Part 32: Snakes

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

L to R
Boa Constrictor (Schleich 2015)
Rattlesnake (Schleich 2015)
Green Anaconda (Schleich 2017)
Indian Cobra (Schleich 2015)

I'm not a big fan of snakes, at least not as much as many people I know, so my collection is very minimal. It's the latest snake line from Schleich. I didn't bother that much to find the most accurate model around, Schleich are easy to get and also I think they are quite decent models and have a good size to fit with the rest of my collection.
I don't need many more but I would gladly add an African Rock Python and a European Viper if ever...

----

Originally I was planning to go with "Anaconda" by The Sisters Of Mercy, an old goth classic, but I ended up with a newer band I like much more and still listen to. They are called I Like Trains, coincidentally they're from Leeds just like The Sisters Of Mercy. They usually make amazing videos with miniature models they create, but unfortunately no video was made for this song. I love how this one evolves into a military "rattling" drum pattern with a fantastic guitars wall. Great band for a live show too.

I Like Trains - Progress Is A Snake (2010)

---

And for a record artwork, I chose the 5th New Model Army album, definitely a classic from 1990.

New Model Army - Impurity (1990)

Suspect
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2021 5:16 pm

I really love toads, frogs, and lizards. Snakes I'm not a huge fan of also. It's not that I don't like them, I'm just not crazy about them. I think the Schleich snakes are very nice, I have these figures as well and only a few other snakes in my collection. I think a hognose snake would be very cute for a brand to make though Very Happy

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2021 5:19 pm

Nice snakes. But to sad that the song "Anaconda" by The Sisters of Mercy dont works. It is one of my favourite bands and i visited 3 concerts in the past.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2021 5:28 pm

widukind wrote:
Nice snakes. But to sad that the song "Anaconda" by The Sisters of Mercy dont works. It is one of my favourite bands and i visited 3 concerts in the past.

Sorry Andreas, it was a tough choice, but I thought of posting something from a more recent period of my life this time. I've also seen them 5 times I think, unfortunately the last one in 2019 was a disaster. Andrew Eldritch was in a total mess, he barely could stand or sing...
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2021 6:28 pm

spacelab wrote:
widukind wrote:

Sorry Andreas, it was a tough choice, but I thought of posting something from a more recent period of my life this time. I've also seen them 5 times I think, unfortunately the last one in 2019 was a disaster. Andrew Eldritch was in a total mess, he barely could stand or sing...

Yes, the last concert was not so good. Andrew Eldritch will be also not younger Wink

But the old songs are phantastic. What is your favourite song? I especially like "Marian".

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2021 7:06 pm

Great group of snakes! Schleich snakes get some guff from collectors but they are decent in my opinion. And as you said, widely available. 3 great groups are covered here too, a viper, a cobra, and constrictors. Very Happy

Can't wait to see your horses! :)

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2021 8:04 pm

Schleich models are decent and they represent a wide range of serpents even if they're only four figures. I have a few of those but I am not also too obsessed for snakes. My favorite is the CollectA green anaconda, I'm not saying it is the best, it is just a figure that gives me some excitment. I also like a lot the Papo cobra.I listened to the song you shared and also the Anacondaand now I am going to give an ear to Andreas' favorite song. Wink

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2021 8:14 pm

widukind wrote:
What is your favourite song? I especially like "Marian".

It's even better for you with the German lyrics.  Wink  For me, hard to choose, but I think "Some Kind Of Stranger" was my most beloved.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2021 9:45 pm

spacelab wrote:
widukind wrote:
What is your favourite song? I especially like "Marian".

It's even better for you with the German lyrics.  Wink  For me, hard to choose, but I think "Some Kind Of Stranger" was my most beloved.

That is only a small part of the reason

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 13 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2021 2:35 pm

Lovely snakes, I really like the Schleich anaconda! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Part 33: Marsupials   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 13 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2021 3:06 pm

Part 33: Marsupials

PHOTO 1 L to R: Eastern Grey Kangaroo (Southlands Replicas 2017), Red Kangaroo (Schleich 2017), Wallaby (Safari 2016), Red Kangaroo (Schleich 2010)
PHOTO 2 L to R: Thylacine (Collecta 2016), Tiger-Quoll (Southlands Replicas 2017), Northern Glider (Yowies 2019), Tasmanian Devil (Collecta 2014), Mountain Brushtail Possum (Southlands Replicas 2017)
PHOTO 3 L to R: Southern Hairy-Nosed Wombat (Southlands Replicas 2017), Quokka (Schleich 2019), Common Wombat (Collecta 2016), Koala (Schleich 2018)
PHOTO 4 L to R: Lumholz's Tree Kangaroo (Southlands Replicas 2017), Matschie's Tree Kangaroo (Safari 2020), Bandicoot (Science and Nature 2015), Bilby (Science and Nature 2015)

Marsupials are so interesting and fun to observe and collect! Unfortunately Southlands is on quietus, so the production is limited again. There were a couple of mediocre comments on STS for the Grey Kangaroo, but I believe it's a masterpiece. Also my sample can stand perfectly with or without the base, I chose not to use it in this photo though it makes the pose even more special.
I might replace the male Red Kangaroo with the new Mojo version, but it's not a priority at this point. Also the new CollectA Koala and a Numbat might be added to this group.

----

I'm using another song from This Mortal Coil's first album again, but the interpreters are different on this one. The androgyny voice (and image) of the much talented Gordon Sharp from Cindytalk had been chosen, along with Simon Raymonde of Cocteau Twins on bass and guitar and the amazing Martin McCarrick on cello. A sentimental almost dark-ambient piece.

This Mortal Coil - Kangaroo (1984)

---

This time I have a double 7" single for artwork, it was sent to me though I knew nothing about the band before. They are called Orochen and come from Sweden, they sound good but the cover of this debut single of theirs is even better. Here it is:

Orochen – Thylacine (2020)

Crocodile
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 13 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2021 4:58 pm

Excellent marsupials! Such a shame about Southlands Replicas, I absolutely love every single one of their figures. I think a numbat would be a wonderful addition!

Also I really love that album cover its gorgeous

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 13 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2021 5:26 pm

I especially like unusual species :)

Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 13 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2021 7:32 am

Thank you both!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  , this is a 7-inch single, not an album. Meaning, 7 inches diameter instead of 12, only one song at each side, playing at 45 rpm instead of 33. I wonder if the current universal excessive hype with vinyl records has any effect on young people like you or is it just a nostalgic / fetishist thing that's going to deflate soon...
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 13 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2021 9:00 am

Except the kangaroos, there are few marsupials to collect but you have most of them it seems! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2021 8:36 am

A bit late for snakes... You have a nice collection, we share the Cobra and Rattlesnake and I probably bought the Boas if i didn't already have the Colorata one. The Anaconda is nice too and more realistic than the beautiful CollectA but I'm still waiting for the next one Wink

Very nice Marsupial collection too, even if I think you would need to buy the new Mojo red kangaroo (the same for me Laughing ) I thought the Matschie's Tree Kangaroo would be bigger than that, it looks far better than I thought Very Happy One more thing to add for me
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2021 9:52 am

Shocked The Schleich anaconda more realistic than the CollectA one?!.. look at its belly scales Christophe! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2021 9:54 am

Well, Schleich has wrong belly scales, CollectA wrong pose.. We call it a draw? Razz
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2021 10:22 am

You can hide the belly on Schleich but you can’t change the impossible pose of the CollectA.
Like I said, I am waiting for a better one 🤗
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2021 11:35 am

Shocked why impossible pose?..
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2021 11:55 am

Because it stands like a cobra, I don't think the heavy anaconda can stand like this, and even if it's possible for its muscles, it never does. For sure it never attacks like this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.
Page 13 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next