Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Club Earth, etc. - Horses

Go down 
+2
widukind
Jill
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

Club Earth, etc. - Horses  Empty
PostSubject: Club Earth, etc. - Horses    Club Earth, etc. - Horses  EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 2:48 am

Almost all of them have arrived (except one package that appears to be lost to the void . . .), and since I have a quiet evening at home, now is as good a time as any to make a thread about the last weird "Club Earth" sets I have. These are my favorite, and the reason I started looking online for toy identification and found STS at all!

I have three complete horse sets. 1) Definitely Club Earth 2) from the Play Vision catalogue, and 3) Who knows! I also have some individuals that I can't say where they came from. Several of these already feature on TAW, but for the sake of discussion, here's everything!

There are 12 (known) molds total, and all of them that I have are consistently labeled and numbered, so I will list the breed and corresponding number here. It holds true for all of them:

1 Lipizzaner
2 Appaloosa
3 Arab
4 Haflinger
5 Shetland Pony
6 Standardbred
7 Thoroughbred
8 Welsh Section B
9 Shire
10 Exmoor
11 Fjord
12 Coloured Horse

Set One: Club Earth Horses to Go

I got them new in package, with the seal still unbroken, so it's all the original pieces. Here is the package itself:
Club Earth, etc. - Horses  178705345_319330072943661_8725868945074918530_n
Club Earth, etc. - Horses  175166037_923983711786011_2490588769524911139_n
Club Earth, etc. - Horses  175126141_356087739176027_1669610411205598407_n
Club Earth, etc. - Horses  174155328_279009193834411_38581219484285639_n
Club Earth, etc. - Horses  178812417-810274339916886-544100247926214541-n

And here are the 9 horses it included:

Lipizzaner
Club Earth, etc. - Horses  To_Go_set

Appaloosa

Arab

Haflinger

Shetland Pony

Standardbred

Thoroughbred

Welsh Section B - note his all white hooves. This seems consistent in other photos I have seen, and is important to distinguish from the next set.

Shire

Set Two: Playvisions(?) Mini Horses

These were sold individually, or at least I know for a fact that I bought my appaloosa and my haflinger from a gift shop in North Carolina in the 90's. They were unpackaged and had no hang tags, just a bin of little horses. Other people had memories of getting theirs in bars of soap (I remember seeing those for sale but never had one).

Here's the image from the catalogue:
Club Earth, etc. - Horses  Screen-Shot-2021-04-28-at-8-01-56-PM

And here's the set of 12 horses from the photo:

Lipizzaner
Club Earth, etc. - Horses  Mini_Horses_set

Appaloosa

Arab

Haflinger (was always my favorite growing up, which is why he gets to be my icon)

Shetland Pony

Standardbred

Thoroughbred
Club Earth, etc. - Horses  Mini_horses_set

Welsh Section B - He also has the same three white socks and a blaze, but his hooves are not white

Shire

Exmoor

Fjord - different from the other fjords by his black legs

Coloured Horse

Set Three: ???

There are much less detailed, made in white or orange plastic (just like the dogs and animal kingdom sets I have) and painted with red, brown, black, and gray. My vague memory is that they came perhaps in a tube? But that's conjecture at best. They might also have been sold separately.

I have no reference for knowing if this is the complete set, but given that there's only 12 molds documented so far (I think?), I'm thinking this is it:

Lipizzaner
Club Earth, etc. - Horses  Lightly_painted_set

Appaloosa
Club Earth, etc. - Horses  Lightly_Painted_set

Arab

Haflinger

Shetland Pony

Standardbred

Thoroughbred

Welsh Section B

Shire - mine has some leftover paint from when I attempted to customize him as a kid

Exmoor

Fjord

Coloured Horse

Individuals

The rest seem to match the Club Earth horses in detail and quality, but I have no idea if they were another To Go set or something altogether different.

Exmoor
Club Earth, etc. - Horses  Unknown

Fjord 1
Club Earth, etc. - Horses  Unknown_2

Coloured Horse

(It's curious how these three, which are painted very well like the To Go series, would finish that series out if they were included.)

Fjord 2 - he MIGHT be a color variant of the Mini Horses fjord, but I have two that look like this, while the picture of the Mini Horses fjord has distinctly black legs. I feel like they are different, but I wanted to put that out there.
Club Earth, etc. - Horses  Unknown_duplicate

And these five. What a sad tale. I bought them from a seller in the UK who couldn't ship internationally, so shipped them to a middle relay point. Unfortunately, they have yet to arrive at that middle point, and I begin to worry that they never will. Sad Breaks my heart a bit, because they are different than all the other ones here, and seem to be of excellent paint quality! So, I can't provide any further information about these, but here they are, for posterity. I just love that realistically colored fjord. If they ever come, I'll get photos. If anyone has them, please share!!:

Club Earth, etc. - Horses  Violet_Rayner_(UK)

There we go, that's the last of my large mysterious groups of animals (for now)! Thanks again for all the help!! :)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth, etc. - Horses    Club Earth, etc. - Horses  EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 7:57 am

Congrats

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Babdo

Babdo

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth, etc. - Horses    Club Earth, etc. - Horses  EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 9:46 am

Hello Jill,
thank you very much for the pictures and informations.
I wish you get your mail with more horses. I am also waiting for some small Funrise Horses.
Do you have small horses distributed and marked with/by the companies: EMPIRE, PAPO, ....???
Benno.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth, etc. - Horses    Club Earth, etc. - Horses  EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 2:00 pm

Thank you Andreas!

Babdo wrote:
Hello Jill,
I wish you get your mail with more horses. I am also waiting for some small Funrise Horses.
Do you have small horses distributed and marked with/by the companies: EMPIRE, PAPO, ....???
Benno.
I do have some Empire horses. From the Winner's Choice series, I think.
Club Earth, etc. - Horses  Empire1

I also still have a few mini Grand Champions, with the rooted hair. No picture of those right now, they are a little larger than a stablemate.

No Papo, though, I think!

I hope your package arrives quickly, too! :)
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth, etc. - Horses    Club Earth, etc. - Horses  EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 5:26 pm

This has been very informative on these unknowns in the boxes, thank you!

It's quite funny where the information tag says that all domestic breeds descend from Arabs, Barbs and Andalusians. Shocked uhh...
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth, etc. - Horses    Club Earth, etc. - Horses  EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 5:45 pm

pipsxlch wrote:

It's quite funny where the information tag says that all domestic breeds descend from Arabs, Barbs and Andalusians. Shocked uhh...
Hahaha yeah I got excited at first when I saw they had "horse information inside," I thought it might be a catalogue of some kind, but no! Just some strange history! scratch
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth, etc. - Horses    Club Earth, etc. - Horses  EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 9:07 pm

These horses are wonderful too, I love how they have been made to look like the different breeds, and this thread is definitely very interesting for collectors! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth, etc. - Horses    Club Earth, etc. - Horses  EmptyFri Apr 30, 2021 12:21 am

I had huge expectations for this topic and it is even more interesting than i thought.
Horses are quite useful when different brands use the same moulds. You can't show too much variation in color when talking about giant pandas or zebras but with horses, brands easily avoid to offer an assortment with the exact same colors.
It is also a treasure that you find them in their original package. There's no chance for doubts that these are Club Earth.
Also, it is quite convincing to me that the second set matches nicely the colors of the horses on Play Visions catalogue.
It doesn't mean that both colors were not used by both brands, especially when we know one bought the other but i think I will list them on TAW exactly as you are suggesting. You're really getting good on it! cheers
Also, checking the Club Earth Horses to Go page on TAW, I can see some correspond to the Club Earth set but those from @Tarunyada match with the supposedly Play Visions.
I don't know if the owners of the photos in the TAW page have the original package or if they are sure about their brand. It would be great to have them discussing on this thread.
It was also a good idea to put all other sets here, I am positive we will find out what they are.
Meanwhile I will quote @Babdo post on the other topic.

Babdo wrote:
Hello Jill,
I have some small horses like "club earth to go horses". The horses are marked with the same number as the "club earth to go horses" but my horses are painted in an other colour or way. TAW say there could be a second serial of horses. You say you have some horses twice and more. Can you tiold us or show us if they are different to the horses listet in TAW?
Thank you, Benno.
Here my small horses:

2 Appaloosa

6 Standardbred

7 Thoroughbred

8 Welsh Section B

10 Exmoor

12 Coloured horse

Club Earth, etc. - Horses  Small-10
Club Earth, etc. - Horses  Small-11
Club Earth, etc. - Horses  Small-12
Club Earth, etc. - Horses  Small-13
Club Earth, etc. - Horses  Small-14
Club Earth, etc. - Horses  Small-15

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth, etc. - Horses    Club Earth, etc. - Horses  EmptyFri Apr 30, 2021 10:11 am

I really hope I am doing it well
Still to be finished but now one of the sets is listed as Club Earth Horses to Go while the other set is listed as Play Visions Mini Horses. study

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth, etc. - Horses    Club Earth, etc. - Horses  EmptyFri Apr 30, 2021 1:41 pm

Roger wrote:
I really hope I am doing it well
Still to be finished but now one of the sets is listed as Club Earth Horses to Go while the other set is listed as Play Visions Mini Horses. study
You're getting these up so fast! I think it looks great! Though I am hardly the voice of experience. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth, etc. - Horses    Club Earth, etc. - Horses  EmptyFri Apr 30, 2021 11:41 pm

I think Babdo question below has some really intriguing. Check the quote below from @Tarunyada. Shocked
I know quoting from other topics is weird but I think it works better like that.

Babdo wrote:
Hello Jill,
Benno.

Tarunyada wrote:
So today I received the parcel I was expecting Very Happy I bought it off Marktplaats, the Dutch auction site. My eye fell on the metal case in which six of the figurines were originally sold, but when I saw what was included, I immediately contacted the seller. I'm really happy everything went well and that they arrived safely today! cheers Here are the goodies I'm talking about:

Club Earth, etc. - Horses  Papo_Mini_Horses1
This was the metal case that caught my eye, for I know Papo released mini figurines in such cases in the past

Club Earth, etc. - Horses  Papo_Mini_Horses2
Fortunately, all the six original Papo mini horses were included!

Club Earth, etc. - Horses  Papo_Mini_Horses_Appaloosa1
Papo Mini Appaloosa

Club Earth, etc. - Horses  Papo_Mini_Horses_Exmoor1
Papo Mini Exmoor

Club Earth, etc. - Horses  Papo_Mini_Horses_Fjord1
Papo Mini Fjord

Club Earth, etc. - Horses  Papo_Mini_Horses_Haflinger1
Papo Mini Haflinger

Club Earth, etc. - Horses  Papo_Mini_Horses_Lipizzaner1
Papo Mini Lipizzaner

Club Earth, etc. - Horses  Papo_Mini_Horses_Shire1
Papo Mini Shire

Have you noticed how the molds of these mini horses are the same as the Club Earth Horses To Go? Here two comparison pics, with the fjord and the shire. As soon as I find my Club Earth appaloosa, I'll make another comparison pic!

Club Earth, etc. - Horses  Papo_Mini_Horses_Fjord2
Club Earth left, Papo Mini right (Fjord)

Club Earth, etc. - Horses  Papo_Mini_Horses_Shire2
Club Earth left, Papo right (Shire)

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth, etc. - Horses    Club Earth, etc. - Horses  EmptySat May 01, 2021 12:02 am

Oh wow, that's the horses in my lost UK package! Plus a few more! (but missing the shetland) They're beautiful, thank you for sharing! Is there any chance this set is more internationally available than in the US? I don't know anything about Papo.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth, etc. - Horses    Club Earth, etc. - Horses  EmptySat May 01, 2021 12:12 am

Papo is a French brand, their main market is the European.

In the USA you can find Papo through HappyHenToys.
Though, I am not sure they have the mini horses.

All 12 mini horses are sold by Papo, you can check all of them on TAW
https://toyanimal.info/wiki/Mini_Papo_33014_Horses

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth, etc. - Horses    Club Earth, etc. - Horses  EmptySat May 01, 2021 12:15 am

That's a huge piece of the puzzle, hooray! That definitely explains why these don't show up anywhere I am looking in the American second hand market. Now I'm really anxious for my package to come. Laughing I'm so glad to have a name to go with them, at least, though.

EDIT: Using the name, I found both sets for sale. Maybe I spent a little more than I should have, but I am so excited. bounce Can't thank @Roger and @Tarunyada enough for the information!

For now, all that remains is to figure out where my Exmoor, Fjord, and Coloured Horse that do not belong in a set go. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth, etc. - Horses    Club Earth, etc. - Horses  EmptySat May 01, 2021 11:10 am

Jill wrote:
That's a huge piece of the puzzle, hooray! That definitely explains why these don't show up anywhere I am looking in the American second hand market. Now I'm really anxious for my package to come. Laughing I'm so glad to have a name to go with them, at least, though.

EDIT: Using the name, I found both sets for sale. Maybe I spent a little more than I should have, but I am so excited.  bounce Can't thank @Roger and @Tarunyada enough for the information!

For now, all that remains is to figure out where my Exmoor, Fjord, and Coloured Horse that do not belong in a set go. Very Happy

You're welcome! There is a big chance that your Exmoor, Fjord and Coloured are also Club Earth. As you pointed, they complement perfectly the set of 9 if they were 12 and their painting quality is similar. Considering also that TAW announced the set as having 12 and 12 is the most common number of figures in Club Earth sets. I think it is relatively safe that we assume that Club Earth sold a set of 12 Horses to Go. Maybe the best is that I lit them as Club Earth to avoid that they get forgoten and that I put a note for future editors.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth, etc. - Horses    Club Earth, etc. - Horses  EmptySat May 01, 2021 1:37 pm

That sounds good to me, that's how I was going to display them on the shelf together. Wink
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth, etc. - Horses    Club Earth, etc. - Horses  EmptyThu May 06, 2021 12:27 am

Just wanted to share this picture because these little details are interesting to me, even if the answer is never found. This is a picture someone showed me when I was trying to find out what these horses were. It's interesting because it's the Welsh Section B with three socks from the Mini Horses group, but his front sock is on the opposite foot. Probably just a painting error or variation and not a totally new horse, but I do wish I had him in hand! She would have had to steal it from her grandson, though, to send it to me. Laughing

Bottom right in the photo.

Club Earth, etc. - Horses  165830775-3809104889169951-6484641349565681780-n
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth, etc. - Horses    Club Earth, etc. - Horses  EmptyTue May 11, 2021 11:27 pm

I wasn't sure where the best place to make this note was! But just noticed the #12 Coloured Horse on the To Go page is actually the horse from the Play Visions Mini set, and should actually be this guy:

Given how many pictures there are to organize, I can see how they easily got switched.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth, etc. - Horses    Club Earth, etc. - Horses  EmptyTue May 11, 2021 11:54 pm

That's the right place! Ii added these three later and I ended with these messed up.
Thanks for noticing my mistake. I think it is correct now but please take a look. Laughing

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth, etc. - Horses    Club Earth, etc. - Horses  EmptyWed May 12, 2021 2:36 am

For me, the old picture is showing on the page, but when I click on the link, it takes me to the correct picture, so that might just be cookies remembering that picture, I'm not sure!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth, etc. - Horses    Club Earth, etc. - Horses  EmptyWed May 12, 2021 2:44 am

Jill wrote:
For me, the old picture is showing on the page, but when I click on the link, it takes me to the correct picture, so that might just be cookies remembering that picture, I'm not sure!

Not your cookies. I fixed it on figure page, breed gallery but not on series page. Yes, sometimes we have to update several pages to make a little change. Thanks ffor checking it again. :)

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth, etc. - Horses    Club Earth, etc. - Horses  EmptyWed May 12, 2021 2:53 am

Perfect! Thanks, it's so many details to keep up with. Impressive as always!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth, etc. - Horses    Club Earth, etc. - Horses  EmptyThu Jun 24, 2021 5:46 pm

@Jill, once you spotted on the Dogs thread  that the set 3 here presented is from a Wild Republic tube.
I opened a page on TAW for them.

I don't know if I am seeing it well but the tube number seems to be #63241. Does these horses are also numbered on their belly?
I suspect this tube is from 1998 once many new tubes were added to the range in that year what coincides more or less with the Play Visions and Club Earth ones.

Club Earth, etc. - Horses  Wr-2004-catalogue-IMG-0020-zpsd13cykqj

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth, etc. - Horses    Club Earth, etc. - Horses  EmptyThu Jun 24, 2021 6:30 pm

Roger wrote:

I don't know if I am seeing it well but the tube number seems to be #63241. Does these horses are also numbered on their belly?
Sorry, answered this over on the other thread, but to have it here - yes, they do all have numbers, they are stamped just like the other sets. So, 2 Arab China, for instance.

The horse tube number is 63243 I think.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth, etc. - Horses    Club Earth, etc. - Horses  EmptyThu Jun 24, 2021 6:52 pm

Jill wrote:
Roger wrote:

Sorry, answered this over on the other thread, but to have it here - yes, they do all have numbers, they are stamped just like the other sets. So, 2 Arab China, for instance.

The horse tube number is 63243 I think.

Thanks for replying here again. These topics serve as guides to us and it is much easier when the information is gathered in the same topic.
I don't have many Wild Republic tubes, so when I assumed they were not numbered, it was just a supposition. It doesn't mean in any way that they are not Wild Republic. To be fair, I am almost sure they are once everything is logical. I checked meanwhile on TAW and the sharks tube, a very old one, have the figures numbered too.

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth, etc. - Horses    Club Earth, etc. - Horses  Empty

Back to top Go down

Club Earth, etc. - Horses
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next