Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Club Earth, etc. - Horses

Go down 
+2
widukind
Jill
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

horses - Club Earth, etc. - Horses  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Earth, etc. - Horses    horses - Club Earth, etc. - Horses  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 1:40 pm

If anyone just happens to be interested in that Wild Republic tube, here is the entire set for sale on ebay. If I didn't already have almost two complete sets myself, I would get it just for the not-painted-on shire. Laughing A couple months ago, when I was hunting for all of them, finding the whole set for sale like this would have been an absolute jack pot find for me!!
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth, etc. - Horses    horses - Club Earth, etc. - Horses  - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 11, 2023 8:50 pm

Okay I found a little more about these horse sets. I was trying to discover any leads on the two I found that have no origin yet, but in the process, several people told me they had figures that matched the Play Visions Mini set that came from a UK magazine called Ponies Forever, released in 1995 and running for maybe three years.
horses - Club Earth, etc. - Horses  - Page 2 352811954-10159767507109217-6858007368490910520-n

The set, according to the only person that still had them and could get a photo, is pretty much identical to the Play Visions colors except for one--the black thoroughbred has white socks. She said as far as she remembers these are original and she did not add them, and she I believe is the only owner, so to me that's pretty neat. I guess the magazine ordered the same colors as lots of other places (since this same set appears in bouncy balls and soap bars and sold individually as well), but added socks to one? For some reason? Anyway, he's apparently a UK only release, so I hope to be able to find one someday but who knows! I'd love to be able to verify that he is in fact original and not "customized" with the socks. To me, there is something of the "marker drawn" look to his hooves, so I don't know, it's possible the owner forgot she had done it as kid--or maybe the paint job just isn't super high quality.
horses - Club Earth, etc. - Horses  - Page 2 352304190-779657823662103-1543509467617342063-n
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth, etc. - Horses    horses - Club Earth, etc. - Horses  - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 11, 2023 8:56 pm

That's interesting and it will be hard to find the truth. However, if there is anyone who can find it, it is you. Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Club Earth, etc. - Horses    horses - Club Earth, etc. - Horses  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Club Earth, etc. - Horses
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2