Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou

Go down 
+9
Caracal
Roger
lucky luke
Bonnie
spacelab
widukind
landrover
Saarlooswolfhound
Kikimalou
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou   BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu May 06, 2021 3:30 pm

I have a certain affection for nature's outsiders. Open a children's book about canines or South American wildlife, there is little chance you would find Bush Dogs there, they are no doubt hidden by their cousins ​​the maned wolves.

These small canines are however present in a good part (northern) of Latin America. They are even very present in a French department, Guyana.

I spent quite a bit of time in Planckendaele Park trying to observe these little "dogs" and I wasted a lot of my time running around nervous-breakdown several times. I could see the bushes well but the loulous were certainly hidden behind ...

And then the Paris Zoo (ex-Vincennes Zoo) reopened its doors and there, Holly Hamster, I discovered a whole small tribe of bush dogs who were all ok for having their portrait taken. What happiness  cheers  (The photos of happiness are HERE )

Enough about my life. As soon as I saw the little gem offered by Qingyu Li on ETSY, his fate was sealed.

Luckily, this model is neither too big nor too small nor not enough ...  Wink

I guess a few pictures won't hurt anyone

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Lego tradition  Crocodile

With some 1/10 Canids

With most of my 1/10 South American fauna (Rogério it’s a bit because of you  Very Happy )

Last edited by Kikimalou on Thu May 06, 2021 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou   BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu May 06, 2021 4:21 pm

drunken drunken drunken Applause cheers sunny

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou   BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu May 06, 2021 5:45 pm

Three nice birds in this last photo..... cheers cheers

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou   BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu May 06, 2021 5:58 pm

A artwork :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou   BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu May 06, 2021 6:54 pm

To be honest at first it seemed weird somehow, but it was because of my ignorance of the real animal. Now that I've seen images of the real thing, i'm certain this is definitely a winner. A good choice of pose too, gives character to the model.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou   BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu May 06, 2021 8:54 pm

What a beautiful walkaround of this beautiful model! Very Happy
Definitely a canine which need more models to its name, it's a wonderful species and this stunning sculpt has captured it perfectly! Every stroke of fur is in the right direction, and all the anatomy too- and such a unique expression with the tongue, gives it such character! cheers What material is it?
I love the comparison pictures too, I love that Ethiopian Wolf! sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou   BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu May 06, 2021 9:56 pm

Very Happy Applause Applause Applause cheers sunny Cool drunken
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou   BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu May 06, 2021 11:10 pm

Yes, bush dogs are quite unusual, they look more like some dog breed than a wild animal.
It is also remarkable how different it is when compared with a maned wolf. This animal has incredibly short legs while the maned wolf is the oposite, for instance.
It is very well replicated and the general design is very attractive.
Thanks for those comparison photos, I love to see that animal perfectly scaled with other models and 1:10 is surely a good scale to display.

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou   BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu May 06, 2021 11:31 pm

Thank you Christophe for this wonderful walkaround of this wonderful model. I suppose it's the only model of this interesting model.. I hope she will produice a dhole! cheers cheers Applause drunken

Last edited by Caracal on Fri May 07, 2021 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou   BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri May 07, 2021 7:51 am

@Saarlooswolfhound:  monkey  cheers  cheers  cheers  sunny  sunny  sunny

@landrover: Birds are the secret reason I made this walkaround  Laughing  You are right they are very nice  Very Happy

@widukind: Indeed  Cool

@spacelab: Qingyu Li models are very attractive for a collector, the sculpt, the painting and the choice of the pose are very beautiful and clever. Except animals produced by STS friends, I was reluctant to buy resin things, Qingyu Li exploded the lock  cheers

@Bonnie: thank you for your kind words, it is a resin bush dog. The Ethiopian wolf walkaround will follow this week-end.  Very Happy

@lucky luke: Very Happy Applause Applause Applause cheers sunny Cool drunken  Wink

@Roger: It is fun to know Maned wolves are believed to be the closest species of Bush dogs  Laughing
Because of you, I decided comparison pics with same scales animals will be a tradition in my future walkaround (Except for vintage models ... I will make differnt comparisons pics then)
1/10 and 1/12 are the most common scales in my collection, I have four shelves for each of them. I guess Qingyu Li will help me to invade my displays a little more.  Very Happy

@Caracal: Thank you for your compliments Embarassed Yes it is the only Bush dog model I know. Since she made a complete Feline series, I think she will do the same for the canine sunny A 1/10 Bat-eared fox would be welcome too and I will jump on her culpeo very soon I love you
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou   BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri May 07, 2021 10:48 am

Kikimalou wrote:

@Roger: It is fun to know Maned wolves are believed to be the closest species of Bush dogs  Laughing
Because of you, I decided comparison pics with same scales animals will be a tradition in my future walkaround (Except for vintage models ... I will make differnt comparisons pics then)
1/10 and 1/12 are the most common scales in my collection, I have four shelves for each of them. I guess Qingyu Li will help me to invade my displays a little more.  Very Happy

That's a wonderful tradition. 1/12 is a classic scale, not only when refering to Breyer models. However, my little plans go to 1:15 scale that is a less common one but I believe there are many good models at that smaller scale as when you presented your Safari WW bison. I surely enjoy seeing all other scales too. 1:10 is fantastic for small animals like this one.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou   BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri May 07, 2021 11:02 am

I have also, more or less, three 1/15 shelves Wink

I hope sharing here pictures of my Bureau collection before summer. Maybe I will show every week a shelf scale by scale.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou   BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat May 08, 2021 8:23 am

Kikimalou wrote:

I hope sharing here pictures of my Bureau collection before summer. Maybe I will show every week a shelf scale by scale.

cheers cheers cheers

Ohh, I adore that bush dog, - actually I adore the species, and had written a long , long comment, when my computer crashed and everything gone No

So now I hurry : WONDERFUL model, wonderful model, wonderful pictures Applause Applause Applause Applause

Farm collector

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou   BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat May 08, 2021 9:54 am

Wow, such a wonderful group of figurines you,ve got there drunken Applause cheers

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou   BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat May 08, 2021 7:28 pm

Oh, wow, it's so good! Thank you for the walk-around, Christophe! Great choice cheers Actually all of the BOTB models would be great choices too Very Happy
I hope I can add some of her models to my collection too this year Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou   BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat May 08, 2021 9:20 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou   BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun May 09, 2021 12:23 am

Kikimalou wrote:

Great! I think 1/15 will be my choice for a single shelf. I think it is easier to check your pictures before making my choices instead of taking measures of every figure. Laughing

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou   BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat May 15, 2021 11:55 am

Rogério, where is my mind ? Laughing I have four 1/15 shelves to please you Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou   BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun May 16, 2021 12:22 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Rogério, where is my mind ?  Laughing   I have four 1/15 shelves to please you Wink

lol!

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou   BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 8:42 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou   BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

BEAUTYofBEASTS Bush dog: a walkaround by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 1