Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Przewalsky horse comparison (Schleich and Safari)

Go down 
+3
spacelab
George
RtasVadumee
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

Przewalsky horse comparison (Schleich and Safari) Empty
PostSubject: Przewalsky horse comparison (Schleich and Safari)   Przewalsky horse comparison (Schleich and Safari) EmptyFri May 28, 2021 9:48 am

Hi,

Would anyone be able to provide me with a comparison of the Schleich mare and the Safari stallion please ?

Thanks.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Przewalsky horse comparison (Schleich and Safari)   Przewalsky horse comparison (Schleich and Safari) EmptyFri May 28, 2021 10:49 am

I hope these help (both the models are a bit darker colour than they look here in bad lighting)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Przewalsky horse comparison (Schleich and Safari)   Przewalsky horse comparison (Schleich and Safari) EmptyFri May 28, 2021 4:38 pm

My humble opinion is that compared to schleich it looks like playmobil, at least in terms of painting..
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Przewalsky horse comparison (Schleich and Safari)   Przewalsky horse comparison (Schleich and Safari) EmptyFri May 28, 2021 5:24 pm

I have the Safari model, but the more I see the Schleich one, the more I like it.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Przewalsky horse comparison (Schleich and Safari)   Przewalsky horse comparison (Schleich and Safari) EmptyFri May 28, 2021 7:56 pm

The most interesting horses for me

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Przewalsky horse comparison (Schleich and Safari)   Przewalsky horse comparison (Schleich and Safari) EmptyFri May 28, 2021 8:41 pm

In my opinion, they both have positive and negative points.

The Safari, for me, really captures the distinct proportions and angles of the przewalski build - that wedge-shaped neck set deep into the chest and without defined withers at the shoulder. There's also something about the profile and angle of the head which says 'correct' more than the Schleich does.
But the Schleich one has a much much better hairy texture - the rough lines in the Safari's neck and sides look more like long paintbrush strokes, where the Schleich one resembles hair, following the right direction of growth, and including longer shaggy fluff on the sides, like their winter coat.
The paintwork is obviously much superior on the Schleich, with better shading and more colours used to capture the dun - it's even got a dorsal stripe, which the Safari lacks.
BUT, I've seen other individuals of the Schleich Przewalski, and the paintwork's quite varied. Some have even richer shading than my example here, and a nicer face design with pale grey on the muzzle. Others don't have such nicely done paintwork as mine, with less colour variation on the body, and lazily shaded legs. I can't remember if I bought mine early on, or later in the run, so I can't say 'old ones are better than new ones' or 'look for a newer one cos the painting got better', but they don't all look the same as the one I've posted here.

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Przewalsky horse comparison (Schleich and Safari)   Przewalsky horse comparison (Schleich and Safari) EmptyFri May 28, 2021 10:54 pm

George wrote:
In my opinion, they both have positive and negative points.

The Safari, for me, really captures the distinct proportions and angles of the przewalski build - that wedge-shaped neck set deep into the chest and without defined withers at the shoulder. There's also something about the profile and angle of the head which says 'correct' more than the Schleich does.
But the Schleich one has a much much better hairy texture - the rough lines in the Safari's neck and sides look more like long paintbrush strokes, where the Schleich one resembles hair, following the right direction of growth, and including longer shaggy fluff on the sides, like their winter coat.
The paintwork is obviously much superior on the Schleich, with better shading and more colours used to capture the dun - it's even got a dorsal stripe, which the Safari lacks.
BUT, I've seen other individuals of the Schleich Przewalski, and the paintwork's quite varied. Some have even richer shading than my example here, and a nicer face design with pale grey on the muzzle. Others don't have such nicely done paintwork as mine, with less colour variation on the body, and lazily shaded legs. I can't remember if I bought mine early on, or later in the run, so I can't say 'old ones are better than new ones' or 'look for a newer one cos the painting got better', but they don't all look the same as the one I've posted here.

Oh, exactly what I think but obviously in a much more eloquent way. Their difference is not as big as it looks, not everything is better on Schleich. As I don't know how to explain as you do, I just say while the Safari got the weird proportions of the wild horse, Schleich got the pleasant proportions of a zebra and it worked. Obviously finish is much better on Schleich.

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Przewalsky horse comparison (Schleich and Safari)   Przewalsky horse comparison (Schleich and Safari) EmptyFri May 28, 2021 11:09 pm

Thanks for your comparison and thoughts. The Safari does not look like an aesthetical good match for my Schleich mare so maybe I'll opt for the CollectA instead, even if I know it is overall not appreciated here.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Przewalsky horse comparison (Schleich and Safari)   Przewalsky horse comparison (Schleich and Safari) EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 6:05 am

I got the Schleich one last year for the hair texture but as George said, the proportions are better on Safari's so I am considering to get my hands on that one as well and customize it a bit.
I wonder how the forum feels about CollectA's version, it looks very weird to me.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Przewalsky horse comparison (Schleich and Safari)   Przewalsky horse comparison (Schleich and Safari) EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 10:44 am

Burgerenby wrote:
I got the Schleich one last year for the hair texture but as George said, the proportions are better on Safari's so I am considering to get my hands on that one as well and customize it a bit.
I wonder how the forum feels about CollectA's version, it looks very weird to me.

Despite being a 2012 topic, you can find our reactions to CollectA's official picture [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I was never too excited about the CollectA model but I think my opinion is not that negative these days. In any case, I never acquired it even if it is a species of high interest to me.

PostSubject: Re: Przewalsky horse comparison (Schleich and Safari)   Przewalsky horse comparison (Schleich and Safari) Empty

Back to top Go down

Przewalsky horse comparison (Schleich and Safari)
Page 1 of 1