Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Animal digital paintings [updated 4.17.22]

Go down 
+5
pipsxlch
Roger
George
Saarlooswolfhound
Jill
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Animal digital paintings [updated 4.17.22] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal digital paintings [updated 4.17.22]   Animal digital paintings [updated 4.17.22] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2022 12:34 am

Jill wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I want one of these in the field cheers

Your drawings are marvellous Applause Applause

Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Animal digital paintings [updated 4.17.22]   Animal digital paintings [updated 4.17.22] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2022 9:07 am

Thank you guys for all your kind words!!

sunny wrote:

aah you are SO talented Jill ! well done !
(and funny you should post all of this now because I have just discovered Gimp. I used to use Photoshop many years ago and then stopped using it. And now I've found a free version ? or something similar)
I have heard good things about Gimp, though I have never used it. I think Gimp and Clip Studio have more in common with each other than photoshop, since both are designed for painting/drawing and not photo editing. Which is one problem I had with the change, the learning curve was steep because some tools I have accustomed to using simply don't exist in a program not designed to edit photos. I also lost all my custom brushes, which you can make and download for Clip Studio, but replacing all the lost ones would be challenging! I hope Gimp works out for you, it's so nice to find a free program that does many of the same things as the exceedingly overpriced subscription programs. What a Face

Quote :
what were your canvas paintings of ? do you have them online somewhere ?
Animals of course! Mostly horses, as no surprise. I don't have them all collected in one place (except my old DeviantArt account, which I don't direct people to because it is a MESS), but I was thinking of making another thread for them. One of the best parts of art is sharing it, after all. cheers There are not very many of them, because traditional media takes a great deal more space and time than digital and I just don't do it much (or at all these days, to be honest).

Quote :
They're so beautiful, and I'd happily look at as many more as you'd like to share Laughing
Dangerous words. There are plenty more in the wings. Laughing
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Animal digital paintings [updated 4.17.22]   Animal digital paintings [updated 4.17.22] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2022 1:57 pm

I use Gimp and really, really rate it - it's fine for editing pictures, but even better for creating from scratch, whether digital painting or sketching or line work or whatever, it's really versatile for different art styles. You can create or download custom brushes, but not the same ones which work in Photoshop/Paintshop programmes, so you do need to be sure you're getting Gimp ones if not making your own.
But I admit I do stick with a really, really old version, cos the newer one isn't compatible with the way my mind works, I just couldn't get along with their new interface and make it do what I wanted to do, so I've been downloading the same ancient edition to every new laptop over the years Laughing

sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Animal digital paintings [updated 4.17.22]   Animal digital paintings [updated 4.17.22] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2022 4:14 pm

thanks Jill and George for all your helpful input!
I shall give this a shot :)
and I understand what you mean George about using the older versions. I found that photoshop would update and the whole format would change and it was like starting over again (and again and again! Shocked Very Happy )

that's wonderful Jill - you paint horses on canvas :) please share any more when you are ready, it was wonderful to see all these super creations here!
I do watercolours of animals and landscape and only tried oil once and acrylic a couple of times. I really like art!

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Animal digital paintings [updated 4.17.22]   Animal digital paintings [updated 4.17.22] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2022 5:24 pm

Some really gorgeous and original ideas here. So many that I adore!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Animal digital paintings [updated 4.17.22]   Animal digital paintings [updated 4.17.22] - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2022 6:05 pm

Thank you Paige!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] have you shared your art anywhere on here? I would love to see it!

So one of the other species I had was dogs, of course. These were even more heavily pulled from existing breeds than the horses thanks to dogs being so distinct, but I did try to keep them from just looking like 1:1 comparisons. So like, this one is very clearly corgi-inspired, but a taller corgi with a shorter body, haha. And again, obviously fantasy genetic system allowed for unrealistic colors like blue.

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Animal digital paintings [updated 4.17.22]   Animal digital paintings [updated 4.17.22] - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2022 6:12 pm

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Animal digital paintings [updated 4.17.22]   Animal digital paintings [updated 4.17.22] - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2022 6:18 pm

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Animal digital paintings [updated 4.17.22]   Animal digital paintings [updated 4.17.22] - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2022 6:20 pm

Those ears on the middle batch! Remind me of my dear Brandybuck boy.  Razz

These are all lovely.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Animal digital paintings [updated 4.17.22]   Animal digital paintings [updated 4.17.22] - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2022 6:55 pm

That last blue sortacorgi! Make the legs longer and fold the ears, and that's my beloved Pip! (different color of course)

The sighthounds are adorable.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Animal digital paintings [updated 4.17.22]   Animal digital paintings [updated 4.17.22] - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2022 7:00 pm

Thank you, Paige and Kelly! I did many pet portraits over the years, in fact . . . but wait, there's more.  What a Face I just got distracted mid post, haha.  

There were far fewer dogs than horses, so I think this is actually all the line sets. The bottom four were puppies that never got an adult version drawn.

Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Animal digital paintings [updated 4.17.22]   Animal digital paintings [updated 4.17.22] - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 2:36 am

What a wonderful selection of poses, like we were talking about in model form you've got static and dynamic poses in here! And I love the attention to detail and how true to life everything is, like the anatomy of the feet, and the little creases in the face to give expressions which are proper dog expressions, not human ones like animated dogs usually get!

Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Animal digital paintings [updated 4.17.22]   Animal digital paintings [updated 4.17.22] - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 10:19 am

Thank you! That is exactly a challenge of making these! When I would go for more exciting poses, it would often limit how much of the coloration could be seen, which was of course the whole point of the series. Plus they had to fit into a certain small dimensions for when they were distributed (much smaller than pictured here). So I had to figure out how to keep them interesting and unique while still having them basically facing sideways. I can sympathize a bit with toy producers and the struggle between practicality and uniqueness.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animal digital paintings [updated 4.17.22]   Animal digital paintings [updated 4.17.22] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Animal digital paintings [updated 4.17.22]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2