Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th*

Go down 
+15
lucky luke
Taos
Kikimalou
Pardofelis
Caracal
widukind
Ana
Bonnie
SUSANNE
Roger
George
Saarlooswolfhound
Jill
rogerpgvg
Joliezac
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th* - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th* - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 3:59 pm

Stunning pictures! All of them Very Happy Poor hare though Wink

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th* - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 5:23 am

Thank you so much!

Then for the last batch of various animals:

Papo red panda
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Schleich & Papo red squirrels

Schleich red deer family

Safari elk swimming across an chilly lake

Then I finally got some pictures of my two favorite snowy owls made by Schleich and Safari. I got a few photos of them on mossy rocks in the fall but I really wanted to get them in some snow. I saw a few photos of snowy owls with a pinkish tint so I added that to one of my photos. I like the effect it gave Very Happy

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th* - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 08, 2022 12:13 pm

Very beautiful pictures! Do you think the elk feels confortable? affraid
That's not the subject here but these pictures reminds me about how undefined I am when choosing deer figures
I still don't have the Safari elk and I could get easily the Schleich howling red stag when it was available but I didn't like the figure at the time or it was not exactly the deer figure of my dreams. The problem is that both red deer and elk continued all these years without a fantastic representation and those started growing on me. There's nothing comparable with the CollectA fallow deer, Père's David deer or caribou.
Love the owls, this is my pair of snowy owls too.

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th* - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 08, 2022 1:08 pm

I kind of hope CollectA might repeat the Red Deer with a new figure, like they've re-done several species already. We know they can make brilliant deer and antelope species, and while the old sculpt isn't terrible or ugly, it doesn't have the weight and magnificence of the animal. When you're near the red stags and they roar, it's genuinely intimidating - in parkland at that time of year, when they're parading and bellowing, I find myself keeping track of what would be the nearest good tree or wall to duck behind, just in case. The current CollectA one doesn't feel imposing or scary, he's too small and soft-looking, without the solid heavy neck and shoulder they put on for the autumn.

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th* - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 08, 2022 2:12 pm

I love the elk pic and also the last one Very Happy I need to drink a warm chocolate drunken

Rogério, about Red deers, I remember Jason made a fantastic one for his daughter marriage. Maybe we will see a wonderful Mojo one, who knows ?
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th* - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 08, 2022 6:22 pm

Beautiful photos. cheers cheers

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th* - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 08, 2022 7:10 pm

George wrote:
I kind of hope CollectA might repeat the Red Deer with a new figure, like they've re-done several species already. We know they can make brilliant deer and antelope species, and while the old sculpt isn't terrible or ugly, it doesn't have the weight and magnificence of the animal. When you're near the red stags and they roar, it's genuinely intimidating - in parkland at that time of year, when they're parading and bellowing, I find myself keeping track of what would be the nearest good tree or wall to duck behind, just in case. The current CollectA one doesn't feel imposing or scary, he's too small and soft-looking, without the solid heavy neck and shoulder they put on for the autumn.

Exactly George! One of these deer with strong and maned neck of Great Britain are what I really mean. CollectA's current deer is very nice, I have it in my collection but it is a better representative for the Spanish deer that is surely not as impressive.
Maybe CollectA can do what Britains did, replacing a humble looking deer for a proud maned one.

Kikimalou wrote:
I love the elk pic and also the last one Very Happy I need to drink a warm chocolate drunken

Rogério, about Red deers, I remember Jason made a fantastic one for his daughter marriage. Maybe we will see a wonderful Mojo one, who knows ?

Yes, here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and actually Mojö Fun never released one, just huge white-tailed deers. I have the Lineol IV generation howling stag that is a phenonmenal piece but I don't feel confortable playing with composition figures. Laughing

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th* - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2022 4:42 am

I'm very happy with Schleich's red deer and I love Safari's elk, but I have to agree with you that I would LOVE to see CollectA make an elk or remake their red deer. I guess the models of their red deer are okay, but compared to their fallow, Pere David's deer, or white-tailed deer, I certainly think they could do much better.

Thanks for sharing the topic about Jason's deer! Those were absolutely gorgeous bounce

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th* - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2022 4:57 am

I was very happy to finally get back out on the mountain to ski after about 2 years since my last trip pre-pandemic  affraid

I went to Stratton, Vermont and of course I had to bring a few figures along for the trip cheers

I didn't get many photos because it was very cold, it ranged from -4 to -13 degrees Fahrenheit pale Luckily on the last day it was in the 20s so I could get some pictures  Very Happy  

By now I have at least a dozen photos of this Amur leopard, but I just love her so much. I'm still struggling to pick out a name for her, if anyone had a suggestion I'd love to hear some ideas! I think she looks just perfect in the snow  I love you

Then of course some photos of my favorite bald eagle model in the pines. It was cloudy but I was happy to get some blues in the sky and mountains.

I found some beautiful rocks that I could finally photograph my snow leopard and bharal on. Although my heart stopped for a moment when my bharal fell off the rocks onto the ice. By some miracle he didn't break or scratch  pale

I know they aren't Siberian tigers, but I really wanted to get some photos of my favorite Schleich tigers in the snow, and I really like how they turned out  cheers

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th* - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2022 5:06 am

Several really lovely shots here! The bharal ones are my favorite.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th* - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2022 8:14 am

Wonderful pictures cheers

If i should have to pick one, it is the one with the tiger cubs playing drunken

Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th* - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2022 9:42 am

My favourite is the bharal in a cliff with the young fir Very Happy but all of them are magnific!
You did very well with the bald eagle disguising the branch in the real tree, it looks a real part of the branch!
If you don't care about if your bald eagle is Alaskan or Southern, then also it doesn't mind if your tiger is Siberian or whatever. It's just a tiger, so any tiger figurine fits in this background! The important unit in animals is the species :)

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th* - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2022 11:49 am

Wonderful pictures! cheers cheers I particulary love the 3rd, 4th and 7th! drunken
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th* - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2022 3:23 pm

Thank you so much everyone!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th* - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2022 6:02 pm

Excellent photos!!!

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th* - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2022 6:20 pm

Congratulations beautiful pictures Very Happy Applause cheers Cool
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th* - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2022 2:42 am

They are beautiful- my favorite is the second one with the leopard.
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th* - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2022 4:45 am

We had quite the blizzard yesterday in my area. So today I dug out my car and drove to the park for some photos cheers

It was quite difficult to get to the creek I normally take photos at because there was over a foot of snow, but I eventually made it  Laughing

Papo megaloceros

Some passerines.. Safari TOOB Blue Jay, Safari TOOB Cardinal, Safari Mockingbird, and Safari TOOB Indigo Bunting

Safari Grey Squirrel

CollectA Pere David's Deer

Schleich White-Tailed Deer family & Various wolves on the hunt

CollectA White-Tailed Deer

I'll post the rest tomorrow  Wink

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th* - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2022 5:22 am

These are splendid as usual! I really like the little bird ones.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th* - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2022 8:20 am

Magnific as always :) My favourite photo is the red cardinal one, you blended it very well with the foliage and the position is very natural :)

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th* - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2022 9:01 am

At first I thought that was clever use of a foreground wolf to hide the deer's legs (because a standing pose tipped over sideways would look fake), then in the next shot I see you actually just have a dead-deer sculpt there, hahah

Excellent work as always!

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th* - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2022 1:09 pm

I enjoy seeing these little tricks to get things more realistic as George pointed out.
Those pictures have a double use, we can enjoy your photographic skills and we also can see how realistic some models work with a natural background.

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th* - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2022 3:11 pm

Thank you! My friend customized the Schleich buck for me so now it is perfect for prey.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th* - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2022 3:12 pm

Really beautiful snowy shots! cheers It's so nice to admire your talent and be transported to a different climate, it's really sun over here but I am hoping for snow! The models look so realistic in these photos! sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th* - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2022 3:36 pm

Here are the rest of the photos I took yesterday, Very Happy

Schleich moose family

Schleich roe deer family & BotB Amur leopard

The Bullyland great grey owl and Safari great horned owl are some of my favorites in my collection and I was determined to get some photos with them. I wanted to get that classic shot of an owl from the front view about to grab its prey. So I placed the Schleich gerbil lightly in the snow and then I took 2 clear Colorata pegs in bases and used them to prop up each wing of the owl. After I got home I Photoshopped out the pegs to get the desired look  Very Happy

Then lastly some musk oxen by Schleich, Safari, and CollectA.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th* - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th*
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next