Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21*

Go down 
+7
Loon
widukind
Roger
SeanieP
Saarlooswolfhound
Bonnie
Joliezac
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21* Empty
PostSubject: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21* EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 3:58 pm

Here I will be posting all of my photos that pertain to the regions of Africa/animals native to that continent. There are numerous trails in the parks near my house and in one of them is a large quarry that is perfect for taking photographs. There is a large open area filled with sand, and when it rains it creates natural miniature trenches, perfect for little mini canyons. There is also a body of water in the center, which I have found to be great for a watering hole. These photos were all taken in the same day back in May, enjoy! I will add some more information about some of the images too.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here we have some Schleich meerkats surveying their surroundings, while the CollectA and Yowie fennec foxes look for shade. The Schleich and Papo dromedary camels are making their way out to an oasis in the distance and the lonesome CollectA barbary sheep searches for food.

A Family of ostriches have made it to the watering hole and are eager to drink under the scorching sun (CollectA chicks, Schleich chicks, Schleich male adult, CollectA female adult *repainted by my friend*). Some hungry lionesses survey the visitors to the watering hole and plan out their next meal (Safari Ltd Lionesses, Schleich Thomson's gazelles, Warthogs, and Schleich Wildebeests). Finally, there is a standoff in the water! An angry crocodile snaps at an elephant too close. (Papo crocodile and Eofauna Straight-Tusked Elephant) *I am pretending he is an African elephant as his size is more desirable than my Schleich ones*

Lastly, a pair of okapis enjoy a cool stroll through the rainforests of Congo (Schleich female & CollectA male)

Last edited by Joliezac on Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21* EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 4:02 pm

More beautiful photos, it's clear to see the talent you have for photography! cheers I love the shot with the water, it looks beautiful, glistening and so clear! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21* EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 4:34 pm

These are all great, the croc shot is done really well. Great work!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21* EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 12:08 am

A few more images taken at a different time:

Schleich kudu adult and calf in the tall grass, Papo meerkat keeping watch, and the Schleich warthog family trotting through the mud.

These were taken at sunset: Schleich leopard stalking through the grass, Schleich Thomson's gazelle female and calf, and the CollectA cape buffalo
Back to top Go down
SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21* EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 1:52 am

great realistic photos. Nice work!

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21* EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 1:23 pm

Those are all superb pictures and I enjoy seeing the Barbary sheep from that angle. cheers

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21* EmptySat Aug 07, 2021 6:36 pm

Welcome here. Beautieful pics

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21* EmptySun Aug 08, 2021 8:45 pm

Some more photos showcasing the coast with African penguins and some ostriches inland.

Back to top Go down
Loon

Loon

Country/State : California, United States

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21* EmptyMon Aug 09, 2021 1:05 am

Wow, these are just so beautiful. All the locations are so appropriate too, which I feel is so often missed in toy photography. You also reminded me how desperately I need some African penguins.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21* EmptyMon Aug 09, 2021 10:17 am

Love the colors of the crocodile photo and it is good to see African penguins in their correct place. So beautiful again. cheers

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21* EmptyMon Aug 09, 2021 4:30 pm

And now for some desert & watering hole pics!

A pair of oryx travel through the canyon in search of water.

A lonesome saiga antelope carefully travels through the rocky ravine, also in search of water.

The scorching sun has taken its toll on the animals in the landscape, leaving remains for hungry vultures and jackals.

A meerkat enjoys the cool morning breeze as a hirola passes by.

And now for the watering hole! These were taken when my friend was out visiting from across the country, and she was able to bring many of her figures with her! This allowed for some more diversity.

Even when enjoying a drink, nobody is safe, predators lurk around every corner...

After some close encounters, the herd heads ashore to graze.
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21* EmptyMon Aug 09, 2021 4:40 pm

These are so good, you've got such a good eye for photography, and posing the figures just right. The splashy crocodile attack ones are so effective and inventive, like nothing I've ever seen before - excellent work there! And the grazing zebra makes a very good corpse from that angle Laughing

Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21* EmptyMon Aug 09, 2021 6:27 pm

George wrote:
These are so good, you've got such a good eye for photography, and posing the figures just right. The splashy crocodile attack ones are so effective and inventive, like nothing I've ever seen before - excellent work there! And the grazing zebra makes a very good corpse from that angle Laughing

Thank you so much! My friend is customizing a white-tailed deer into a corpse for me, maybe I can get her to make a zebra corpse for the African predators Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21* EmptyMon Aug 09, 2021 6:48 pm

Those nile croc action shots are excellent! Really amazing photos again.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21* EmptyMon Aug 09, 2021 8:04 pm

Stunning photos again, I love the splashing water! cheers You are so good at blurring the backgrounds and focusing on the central figures! cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21* EmptyWed Aug 11, 2021 11:34 pm

These photos are absolutely spectacular, dramatic and again very clever. The way you use the poses of the figures to promote different actions or situations is genial. cheers

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21* EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 10:12 am

Roger wrote:
These photos are absolutely spectacular, dramatic and again very clever. The way you use the poses of the figures to promote different actions or situations is genial. cheers

Very Happy cheers Applause Applause Applause Cool
Back to top Go down
Seeway

Seeway

Country/State : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21* EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 10:48 am

I here copied my reply for the creek photos once again:
These are really marvelous pictures of attractive set-up, rich color and beautiful depth of field.
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21* EmptyWed Aug 18, 2021 12:59 pm

So alive sceneries! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21* EmptySun Aug 22, 2021 3:52 am

Here are some more shots located around the watering hole and savanna:

I finally got my hands on the Safari cape buffalo with the oxpeckers on its back which I absolutely love, so I took the opportunity to take some pictures with him this past week. I also purchased the battat by terra buffalo because it also had an oxpecker so I thought it fit in great with my herd  Very Happy

At the end of the day I tried to get some action water shots but my air sprayer ran out  Crying or Very sad I still think they came out pretty decent though!

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21* EmptySun Aug 22, 2021 5:03 am

Really awesome shots again! The clarity and lighting really make these look like stills from a tv documentary!

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21* EmptySun Aug 22, 2021 10:27 am

I love all these photos- it's just as good as taking a real safari! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21* EmptySun Aug 22, 2021 12:37 pm

Another great set of shots, it's so nice seeing the creative and realistic way you've set up scenes, and worked with their poses to your advantage - the grazing zebra drinking, or the giraffe reaching for a higher leaf. And nice touch how your buffalo collection contains a mini oxpecker collection within it!

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21* EmptySun Aug 22, 2021 3:13 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21* EmptySun Aug 22, 2021 7:21 pm

Just fabulous again! cheers

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21* Empty

Back to top Go down

Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Africa *Updated 8/21/21*
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next