Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Beagle walkaround - CollectA 88935 [2021]

Go down 
+8
George
bmathison1972
Joliezac
Saarlooswolfhound
Bonnie
Roger
SUSANNE
spacelab
12 posters
AuthorMessage
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

Beagle walkaround -  CollectA 88935 [2021] Empty
PostSubject: Beagle walkaround - CollectA 88935 [2021]   Beagle walkaround -  CollectA 88935 [2021] EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 8:34 am

This is the 2nd new CollectA model I will show here, after the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
It has to be one of the best and cutest dog rendition from major brands and certainly a huge step forward from the old CollectA Beagle. Photos:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Compared with Schleich's German Shepherd
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Beagle walkaround - CollectA 88935 [2021]   Beagle walkaround -  CollectA 88935 [2021] EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 9:26 am

Beautyful model of a beautyful dog cheers

Thankyou very much for a great walkaround Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Beagle walkaround - CollectA 88935 [2021]   Beagle walkaround -  CollectA 88935 [2021] EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 10:15 am

This is a perfectly designed model in my opinion. What is cute doesn't need extra cuteness and it is realistic and a stupendous collectible as well as it is appealing for children as a toy. This is what I call correct cuteness while this is what I call wrong cuteness - cat
There's no way, for more than I want to avoid some subjects, I don't know how to avoid this model.

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Beagle walkaround - CollectA 88935 [2021]   Beagle walkaround -  CollectA 88935 [2021] EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 4:57 pm

THIS is what I had been waiting for! cheers I love you Shocked cheers Thank you! cheers
At the moment, of all major brands, dogs by CollectA are the ones that I am most excited about seeing in the future, and seeing this Beagle has made me even more excited, if that's even possible! Very Happy Looking at the dates, after 2017, CollectA stopped making new dogs and then in 2020 brought out a beautiful Toy Poodle- their dogs were lovely before, but suddenly from then they became masterpieces! cheers
And this Beagle just shows this- look at that sweet face, perfect sculpt, proportions, and detailed colouring! Such a big improvement from their earlier Beagle, and I also love how it has turned out to be very similar to the official picture, this model 100% lived up to my high hopes! cheers Even though it is a much smaller model, it definitely rivals the wonderful Schleich GSD- just as much detail and realism has been packed into this smaller model! cheers I completely agree with you when you say he's one of the best and cutest dog renditions from all major brands- he really is! sunny The other thing I also love about this model is that everything about him says 'Beagle', rather than being a generic floppy eared dog that could be a retriever or other drop-eared breed, this is undoubtedly a Beagle as the body and head shape exactly match the real dog, along with that kind, loving expression and character- something actually very hard to do but CollectA have done it amazingly with this model! I love you I also love how the texture shows through the paint and how beautifully the colours are blended- and also how the darker brown has a soft irregular edge next to the white just like the real dog would have! Very Happy The detail in the sculpt is so impressive too- the chest and directions of fur there, the slight wrinkles at the withers, the subtle details in his ear and head- I could go on and on! drunken Complete with that gorgeous pose, with the upward looking face that really fits the Beagle personality- always looking for love and cuddles from their owners! Very Happy And of course constantly sniffing all the many scents in the air, retaining their original hunting instinct! I absolutely love this dog! I love you
Thank you again for showing this beautiful dog so beautifully with your clear photos from all angles- and I cannot wait to see the Boxer! cheers bounce sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Beagle walkaround - CollectA 88935 [2021]   Beagle walkaround -  CollectA 88935 [2021] EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 5:12 pm

This is a veeeeery nice beagle. I love his long tail! Thank you for showing him.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Beagle walkaround - CollectA 88935 [2021]   Beagle walkaround -  CollectA 88935 [2021] EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 5:16 pm

Very cute! I can't wait to see CollectA's other 2021 models. I'm waiting for their koala, Darwin's frog, red kangaroo, and otter. Based on their models so far I have high hopes!
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Beagle walkaround - CollectA 88935 [2021]   Beagle walkaround -  CollectA 88935 [2021] EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 5:53 pm

this one is on my list too. I wasn't planning on investing in more domestic dog breeds, but the 2021 CollctA boxer and beagle are too good to pass up!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Beagle walkaround - CollectA 88935 [2021]   Beagle walkaround -  CollectA 88935 [2021] EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 5:55 pm

Bonnie wrote:
Looking at the dates, after 2017, CollectA stopped making new dogs and then in 2020 brought out a beautiful Toy Poodle- their dogs were lovely before, but suddenly from then they became masterpieces! cheers

I use to divid CollectA in 3 waves and I think it can be done with their dogs. First wave the extensive range released from 2006 to 2008; the second wave started in 2010 with the Bull Terrier and all releases until 2017; the 3rd wave started with the Toy Poodle in 2020 with the addition of this Beagle and the phenomenal Boxer we will see soon. Corroborating your words, this 3rd CollectA wave is probably the best "wave" of ever among major brands. Let's see the Boxer and wait to see what will CollectA release next years.

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Beagle walkaround - CollectA 88935 [2021]   Beagle walkaround -  CollectA 88935 [2021] EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 6:40 pm

Roger wrote:
Bonnie wrote:
Looking at the dates, after 2017, CollectA stopped making new dogs and then in 2020 brought out a beautiful Toy Poodle- their dogs were lovely before, but suddenly from then they became masterpieces! cheers

I use to divid CollectA in 3 waves and I think it can be done with their dogs. First wave the extensive range released from 2006 to 2008; the second wave started in 2010 with the Bull Terrier and all releases until 2017; the 3rd wave started with the Toy Poodle in 2020 with the addition of this Beagle and the phenomenal Boxer we will see soon. Corroborating your words, this 3rd CollectA wave is probably the best "wave" of ever among major brands. Let's see the Boxer and wait to see what will CollectA release next years.
That's really interesting and I completely agree with you! cheers
This third wave is really exciting because like you I also think it is the best we've ever seen! bounce
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Beagle walkaround - CollectA 88935 [2021]   Beagle walkaround -  CollectA 88935 [2021] EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 1:18 pm

It is so fun, almost at the same time you and Susanne presented new Beagles. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Eikoh Beagle from Susanne's collection and CollectA's, both 2021 models.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Beagle walkaround - CollectA 88935 [2021]   Beagle walkaround -  CollectA 88935 [2021] EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 7:56 pm

Yes !!!! that is a fun coincidence Very Happy
And Safai made a nice one also a couple of years ago -

George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Beagle walkaround - CollectA 88935 [2021]   Beagle walkaround -  CollectA 88935 [2021] EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 8:37 pm

Roger wrote:

This theory matches up interestingly with their horse range, too.

Pre-2010 models were....okay. Mostly not hideous, but equally not nice enough sculpts that I ever bought any of them Laughing

2010 was when Debra McDermott took over as horse sculptor, and the model horse world widely embraced CollectA as the best possible option among toy-plastic type model brands, superb quality sculpts which easily eclipsed all the other companies at the time, and still rank as favourites for most of us who collect these in-between scale toy figures rather than focusing on Breyer/Stone/Resin as the only worthwhile horse models (we're mostly ex-Schleich collectors!)

And it was around 2017 when the moulds - though still good, and giving us interesting and more obscure breeds - took a turn for the worse, with thicker legs and some sort of harder-to-pinpoint lack of precision and detailing. They're still good, conformationally sound and with a proper serious 'model' look to them, but there's a slight lack of perfection in the proportions and poses these days, and they're so very chunky in the leg, which is fine with draft types and not too bad on ponies, but just doesn't work for the breeds which should be fine-boned and light and lean.

So CollectA's dogs have gone up and up with each new wave, with the newest being the very best they've achieved so far, while their horses reached a peak and have since settled to slightly less brilliant than they once were (but I still love them, and plan to keep collecting every new breed they feel like making!Laughing)

spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Beagle walkaround - CollectA 88935 [2021]   Beagle walkaround -  CollectA 88935 [2021] EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 8:54 pm

George wrote:

So CollectA's dogs have gone up and up with each new wave, with the newest being the very best they've achieved so far, while their horses reached a peak and have since settled to slightly less brilliant than they once were (but I still love them, and plan to keep collecting every new breed they feel like making!Laughing)

That's my point of view too. I agree, though I think it's bit early for the dogs with just 3 models released so far and I want to see the 2021 horses in person. But the signs show that both you and Roger are right.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Beagle walkaround - CollectA 88935 [2021]   Beagle walkaround -  CollectA 88935 [2021] EmptySat Aug 07, 2021 9:58 am

Roger wrote:
It is so fun, almost at the same time you and Susanne presented new Beagles. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Eikoh Beagle from Susanne's collection and CollectA's, both 2021 models.
So many lovely Beagles! drunken
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Beagle walkaround - CollectA 88935 [2021]   Beagle walkaround -  CollectA 88935 [2021] EmptySat Aug 07, 2021 1:54 pm

George wrote:
Roger wrote:

This theory matches up interestingly with their horse range, too.

Pre-2010 models were....okay. Mostly not hideous, but equally not nice enough sculpts that I ever bought any of them Laughing

2010 was when Debra McDermott took over as horse sculptor, and the model horse world widely embraced CollectA as the best possible option among toy-plastic type model brands, superb quality sculpts which easily eclipsed all the other companies at the time, and still rank as favourites for most of us who collect these in-between scale toy figures rather than focusing on Breyer/Stone/Resin as the only worthwhile horse models (we're mostly ex-Schleich collectors!)

And it was around 2017 when the moulds - though still good, and giving us interesting and more obscure breeds - took a turn for the worse, with thicker legs and some sort of harder-to-pinpoint lack of precision and detailing. They're still good, conformationally sound and with a proper serious 'model' look to them, but there's a slight lack of perfection in the proportions and poses these days, and they're so very chunky in the leg, which is fine with draft types and not too bad on ponies, but just doesn't work for the breeds which should be fine-boned and light and lean.

I formed the 3 waves theory based in their wildlife that I collect extensively but it seems to work for other CollectA lines and I agree about the horses. Actually, it is even more evident and the transiction of the 1st wave to the 2nd wave is more than a wave, almost a new collection. I think the 2010 Andalusian is probably the last of the non Deborah's sculpts. i think it is not, I am not sure about it, however, it is probably the nicest of the first horses. Deborah's Andalusian is surely the 2011 version. Andalusian and Lusitano of 2011 are the models that explain the 3rd wave, they're clearly sculpted to work as resin sculpts and it was a torture for CollectA to put such delicate sculpts into production. They even tried a completely different pvc, a rubbery one very unpleasant to the touch once it gave a cheap feel to these figures. I think it was also not good to stick the paint. After a long experimental periode when Deborah worked with less delicate breed sculpts, they slowly moved to a sturdier pvc what forced the sculpts to be less delicate. I think the 3rd wave is the result of a more mature sculpting, I mean, horses are not as accurate as before but they have a balance between a good sculpt and the exigences of the manufacturing limitations. I personally feel more tempted to get a slightly less accurate model with a denser plastic than a slightly more delicate figure with legs that bend over the weight of the figure due to its softness.
Keeping a parallel between horses and wildlife, it is interesting that while the 2nd wave of wild animals was completely focused in diversityand the 3rd wave in replacing core species, it was the oposite with the horses as you pointed. I never studied the prehistoric line to see if we have a similar approach but the dogs are easy, they even have temporal gaps between the waves. By the way, George, if you get these CollectA dogs, can you show a comparison picture with one of your 1:12 scale horses? Very Happy

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Beagle walkaround - CollectA 88935 [2021]   Beagle walkaround -  CollectA 88935 [2021] EmptySun Aug 08, 2021 12:53 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

Sorry for double post but you are right Susanne, we can still appreciate it in this wonderful [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] cheers

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Beagle walkaround - CollectA 88935 [2021]   Beagle walkaround -  CollectA 88935 [2021] EmptySun Aug 08, 2021 2:25 pm

Roger wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

Sorry for double post but you are right Susanne, we can still appreciate it in this wonderful [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] cheers
Such a stunning beagle too, what an amazing model and walkaround! cheers So many lovely beagle figures out there now! drunken
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Beagle walkaround - CollectA 88935 [2021]   Beagle walkaround -  CollectA 88935 [2021] EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 4:07 pm

Splendid rendition, I will 100% be keeping it on my wishlist! Very Happy

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Beagle walkaround - CollectA 88935 [2021]   Beagle walkaround -  CollectA 88935 [2021] EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 2:12 pm

Nice beagle too

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saien

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: Beagle walkaround - CollectA 88935 [2021]   Beagle walkaround -  CollectA 88935 [2021] EmptySun Aug 15, 2021 8:11 pm

Wow, another great model from Collecta cheers cheers cheers

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Beagle walkaround - CollectA 88935 [2021]   Beagle walkaround -  CollectA 88935 [2021] EmptyTue Aug 24, 2021 8:36 pm

Wow, he is so handsome cheers

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Beagle walkaround - CollectA 88935 [2021]   Beagle walkaround -  CollectA 88935 [2021] EmptySun Feb 13, 2022 7:34 pm

I needed to revisit this walk around to congratulate Mr. Beagle for its award of the best 2021 dog figure.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] already started presenting one of the 2022 candidats, the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Beagle walkaround - CollectA 88935 [2021]   Beagle walkaround -  CollectA 88935 [2021] EmptySun Feb 13, 2022 9:56 pm

Roger wrote:
I needed to revisit this walk around to congratulate Mr. Beagle for its award of the best 2021 dog figure.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] already started presenting one of the 2022 candidats, the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Applause Applause Applause

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Beagle walkaround - CollectA 88935 [2021]   Beagle walkaround -  CollectA 88935 [2021] EmptySun Feb 13, 2022 10:54 pm

Yes, big congrats to Mr. Beagle! Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beagle walkaround - CollectA 88935 [2021]   Beagle walkaround -  CollectA 88935 [2021] Empty

Back to top Go down

Beagle walkaround - CollectA 88935 [2021]
Page 1 of 1