Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm not sure what series these Safari figures belong to...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

I'm not sure what series these Safari figures belong to... Empty
PostSubject: I'm not sure what series these Safari figures belong to...   I'm not sure what series these Safari figures belong to... EmptySun Sep 12, 2021 11:07 pm

I've had these 2 figures for a very long time, but I seem to be having trouble finding pictures of them online. I was curious to what series they belonged to but I'm unsure. I know that the mudpuppy has at least two other variants, the Tennessee Aquarium version, and the glow-in-the-dark version, but I couldn't find this green color anywhere scratch I know that this figure was definitely purchased in 2010 or earlier, the salamander is also very old but I'm not too sure when I got it. I can see that there is also a glow in the dark version of this salamander and I've seen a light orange translucent one but mine is a red.

I was just curious about this topic because I couldn't seem to find them on TAI, if anyone knows I'd love to find out!
*In case its hard to see the Mudpuppy just says Mudpuppy and the year is 2005. The salamander just says Salamander and is also marked 2005

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: I'm not sure what series these Safari figures belong to...   I'm not sure what series these Safari figures belong to... EmptyMon Sep 13, 2021 1:00 am

I think they are Translucents 100314 red salamander and 100414 mudpupy. The translucent light orange salamander is probably the golden salamander of the same series. they're listed on TAW but no pictures. These figures seem to be not very common among us.

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: I'm not sure what series these Safari figures belong to...   I'm not sure what series these Safari figures belong to... EmptyMon Sep 13, 2021 1:17 am

Roger wrote:
I think they are Translucents 100314 red salamander  and 100414 mudpupy. The translucent light orange salamander is probably the golden salamander of the same series. they're listed on TAW but no pictures. These figures seem to be not very common among us.

Oh thank you, I must have missed it scratch I figured they weren't as common as I had trouble finding other images of them. I see now that there is a whole translucent page I missed, interesting.. Thanks!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: I'm not sure what series these Safari figures belong to...   I'm not sure what series these Safari figures belong to... EmptyMon Sep 13, 2021 2:42 am

They look like giant gummy bear candy salamanders. :) I have seen some for sale before, even glow in the dark versions, but they are not common with collectors as they aren't the realistic versions. I think the sculpts themselves are great though! Thanks for sharing them!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: I'm not sure what series these Safari figures belong to...   I'm not sure what series these Safari figures belong to... EmptyMon Sep 13, 2021 2:44 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
They look like giant gummy bear candy salamanders. :) I have seen some for sale before, even glow in the dark versions, but they are not common with collectors as they aren't the realistic versions. I think the sculpts themselves are great though! Thanks for sharing them!

I agree, I have seen many repaints of the mudpuppy to look like a common one. Since the Tennessee Aquarium one is so hard to find it makes sense

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: I'm not sure what series these Safari figures belong to...   I'm not sure what series these Safari figures belong to... EmptyMon Sep 13, 2021 1:08 pm

Really interesting models, Safari seem to quite often have surprises or models I've never seen before! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: I'm not sure what series these Safari figures belong to...   I'm not sure what series these Safari figures belong to... EmptyMon Sep 13, 2021 2:15 pm

Molds represent a huge investment and they are only profitable if you can sell thousands of copies. Tennessee Salamander collection represented a small number of sales so those molds needed to be reused to other series. Unsuccessful but Safari tried.
Here the 2006 catalogue page with the Translucents
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

PostSubject: Re: I'm not sure what series these Safari figures belong to...   I'm not sure what series these Safari figures belong to... Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm not sure what series these Safari figures belong to...
Page 1 of 1