Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases

Go down 
+38
LukaLeon085
Loon
Tyrannotitan1984
Gecko08
Stripedhyena
Caracal
Numa
Birdsage
Shanti
NightLioness
Fossa
Ana
EpicRaptorMan
WhiteLightning Wolf
Sergey
Loustic
jarda
arafan
Megaptera
Bonnie
SeanieP
Bloodrayne
widukind
Kikimalou
George
Arctinus
Pardofelis
endogenylove
Joliezac
Taos
Saarlooswolfhound
Roger
bmathison1972
Michelle
lucky luke
spacelab
Duck-Anch-Amun
Tupolew Tu-154
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

papo - Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   papo - Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 2:19 pm

About the piglet, it is a new category indeed. Not a reissued product, not a repainted model and also not a new figure. Laughing
These molds are made of glued parts, so they have distinct moulds especially for models like the pair of piglets. They are reusing a part of the whole assemble. Thus, not a new sculpt or new figure but a new product. I think it is useless to open a category to the poor piglet, it goes well among the new releases eventually with a note refering it is part of the pair of piglets. pig Idea
I must say Papo was very "cunning" this year. Laughing
... also that Kostas is very observant! cheers

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   papo - Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 2:28 pm

All these birds are interesting. I would get all of them, plus 2 extra Eurasian Magpies (to repaint to Black-billed and Yellow-billed Magpies), and up to 4 extra Great Tits (to repaint to Carolina Chickadee, Eastern Bluebird, Chestnut-backed Chickadee, and Mountain Bluebird). The hummingbird’s colors cannot be matched to any species. I may get 2 and repaint both as North American species.
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   papo - Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 2:30 pm

Roger wrote:

thanks, what do you think about the dolphin?
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   papo - Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 3:18 pm

spacelab wrote:
Roger wrote:

I think you are right Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   papo - Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 3:39 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
spacelab wrote:
I think you are right 

Laughing Let me see the dolphin. The same pose, fluke, pectoral fins and dorsal fin with the same shape, the same beak, same forhead. They're clearly different ... in color. Laughing
They're the same, very easy to see after Kostas finding it out. The same category as the CollectA Malayan tapir. Same mould, different painting, different species, different produt number and commercial name, the same laziness. Sleep

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   papo - Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 3:58 pm

Sculptors will have to eat pasta very often this year to survive What a Face
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   papo - Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 4:04 pm

Papo will be better and better

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   papo - Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 5:54 pm

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:
I've found some names for 2022 Papo list.

Wild animals and birds:]

Loving the European birds theme - we are finally getting to see so many birds made for the first time such the Robin, Tit, Magpie, Canada Goose etc.

As for re-released - a cop out!  Why not redesign and create new sculpts?  Shame...
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   papo - Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 7:40 pm

I love this new wolf! and hurra for these 2 new baseless european birds! I don't collect dinos but I collect sea reptiles and I shall go for this mosasaure. The spanish bull is great but I already have some. I think I won't be able to resist to the stag beetle too! :)
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   papo - Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 4:59 am

As expected, Papo will give us some jewels... The birds are a sample of it! What a joy for the African eagle and the spoonbill!
I am not fascinated by wolves i’m general but the pair of red wolves is beautiful! I will add them to my list.
...And what happened to the cape buffalo, the beaver and the okapi????
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   papo - Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 4:37 pm

As a dinosaur collector, I’m not interested in the Styracosaurus and Protoceratops, but I might be convinced to get the Mosasaurus, but I’m pretty fixed on getting the Collecta Mosasaurus. I hope Safari has a big of a figure lineup next year. They’ve got to leak them someday….

Back to top Go down
Tyrannotitan1984

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   papo - Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 21, 2021 3:06 am

Dinosaurs are kind of disappointing. The only good one is the mosasaurus. 2021 where also a year without any good dinosaur models from papo.
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   papo - Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 2:16 pm

Tyrannotitan1984 wrote:
Dinosaurs are kind of disappointing. The only good one is the mosasaurus. 2021 where also a year without any good dinosaur models from papo.

Unfortunately so. The sauropods (brachiosaurus and apatosaurus) from Papo were great, along with the more recently released Chilesaurus, Gorgosaurus, and Megaloceros. Either Papo hasn't leaked the Kronosaurus or something is wrong with my computer, but I'm sure that it wouldn't convince me not to get the Collecta Kronosaurus. I might buy both the Collecta and Papo Mosasaurus as a way to represent both theories on dorsal fins.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   papo - Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 5:50 am

Does anyone know the species of the unfortunate fish?
I am really excited this iconic African eagle is being released and that Papo took it seriously. We can see the white breast, the black-tipped bill, the yellow patch of bare skin, the species seem to be released with seriousness. Thus, I believe the fish is also made after a certain species.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   papo - Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 10:01 am

I checked the posters of South African fishes and there are no gray fishes with a mouth like that. I could not get useful data on the East African rift lakes, because all the information I could find about fishes from there was about cichlids, and the fish here is obviously not a cichlid. There may be a fish in East Africa that matches this, but for now, it’s a generic fish that most closely resembles a Silver Labeo, but even then, the mouth is too slender and small. Just because a lot of thought was put into the main animal doesn’t mean that the same applies to the prey fish. Another fish appears in the bill of the Papo Pelican, which I can confidently place in the subfamily Cypriniformes due to the shape of the dorsal fin and scales, and so is probably a Common Carp.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   papo - Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 11:34 am

Birdsage wrote:
I checked the posters of South African fishes and there are no gray fishes with a mouth like that. I could not get useful data on the East African rift lakes, because all the information I could find about fishes from there was about cichlids, and the fish here is obviously not a cichlid. There may be a fish in East Africa that matches this, but for now, it’s a generic fish that most closely resembles a Silver Labeo, but even then, the mouth is too slender and small. Just because a lot of thought was put into the main animal doesn’t mean that the same applies to the prey fish. Another fish appears in the bill of the Papo Pelican, which I can confidently place in the subfamily Cypriniformes due to the shape of the dorsal fin and scales, and so is probably a Common Carp.

That's all truly interesting. I love the Southlands wedge-tailed eagle with an Eastern brown snake, it makes sense, much better than if it was just generic.
To be fair, I think we can't hardly see the fish of the Papo eagle, at least I can't see the shape of the tail. About the head, maybe it looks somewhat like a Megalops cyprinoides - I've read the close related Madagascan fish eagle hunts them sporadically, so maybe this eagle does it too.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   papo - Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 12:40 pm

It's hard to say for certain from the angle etc. But to me the fish almost has the head shape of a spawning salmon. 
From what I could find online, perhaps a leerfish best fits the mouth shape but the fins  don't appear to match...
That'll make it a "fish" for my books.  Laughing Wink study

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   papo - Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 5:15 pm

Is there already a pictures of the Giant squid?
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   papo - Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 10:08 pm

Megaptera wrote:
Is there already a pictures of the Giant squid?

Oh I honestly forgot about the squid. I haven't seen any images yet, hopefully it will show up soon.. And the kronosaurus too cheers

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   papo - Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 9:44 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
It's hard to say for certain from the angle etc. But to me the fish almost has the head shape of a spawning salmon. 
From what I could find online, perhaps a leerfish best fits the mouth shape but the fins  don't appear to match...
That'll make it a "fish" for my books.  Laughing Wink study

Laughing About fins we can't calculate the damage those powerful talons made on the poor fish. Regardless of the scientific accuracy of the victim, I surely will get the predator. Very Happy

Loon

Country/State : California, United States

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   papo - Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 7:15 am

I was very excited for the common dolphin, but the comments regarding it's lazy repaint status have sort of dissuaded me from it. I'm terrible when it comes to anatomy and differentiating stuff like that sometimes, is it that egregious to use a Bottlenose Dolphin for the long beaked common dolphin, or can it pass?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   papo - Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 8:26 am

Loon wrote:
I was very excited for the common dolphin, but the comments regarding it's lazy repaint status have sort of dissuaded me from it. I'm terrible when it comes to anatomy and differentiating stuff like that sometimes, is it that egregious to use a Bottlenose Dolphin for the long beaked common dolphin, or can it pass?

Absolutely not, I think the comments about being lazy is just because they are using the same sculpt and surely we love to see different sculpts for different species. Oceanic dolphins are very similar in appearance, I honestly can't tell them apart if it was not the painting. Bottlenose and common dolphins, despite being from different genera, they hybridize. I think bottlenose are more robuste, maybe the dorsal fin is slightly different but I am also not knowledgeable enough to point it. For a species collector, it is easy to avoid the mould repitition, just get this common dolphin and use a different bottlenose. No reason to refrain your excitment.

Loon

Country/State : California, United States

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   papo - Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 1:38 pm

Thanks for the reply, Roger. Looking closely, I believe the differences are most notable in the head, as it looks like the beak is thinner in the common dolphin. But, as you said, they interbreed, and I don't own Papo's older dolphin, so I'll definitely be getting this. Still, I would prefer a "dedicated" long beaked common dolphin one day.
Back to top Go down
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   papo - Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2022 6:05 pm

The mosasaurus isn 't present in the new catalog. There is only an illustration of it.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   papo - Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2022 7:04 pm

Release should be 12/2022, so it is for 2023. ^^

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases   papo - Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo 2022 List - Updated with Winter releases
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next