Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus

Go down 
+32
Buzzcocks
CodyK2004
Farm collector
Bloodrayne
jarda
Balaenoptera
Katy Leven
Gecko08
MansoBoricua
Caracal
Taos
Kikimalou
rogerpgvg
Duck-Anch-Amun
Tupolew Tu-154
Ana
sunny
landrover
Roger
Joliezac
endogenylove
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
LukaLeon085
pipsxlch
bmathison1972
George
jtoddthree@gmail.com
aschuck
Wildheart
costicuba
MartinH
36 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus Empty
PostSubject: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus EmptySat Jan 28, 2023 11:41 pm

Wild Safari® Wildlife collection

Wild Safari® North American Wildlife Collection

100730 Mountain Lion

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

100731 Arctic Fox

Wings of the World Collection

100691 Great Grey Owl

100201 African Grey Parrot

Wild Safari® Sea Life collection

103538 Type D Orca

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

100208 Silky Shark

Best In Show® collection

103540 Pug

Incredible Creatures® collection

102504 Leopard Gecko

102503 Tuatara

101084 Emerald Tree Boa

101083 Western Diamondback Rattlesnake

104650 Axolotl

Wild Wildlife Collection

100303 Elk

Wild Safari® Prehistoric World collection

100574 Cryolophosaurus

100729 Majungasaurus

100728 Utahraptor

100353 Estemmenosuchus

106046 Kentrosaurus

106788 Brachiosaurus Baby

103642 Stegouros

103643 Therizinosaurus

TOOBS

102488 European Animals TOOB

102489 Australian Continent TOOB

103648 Everglades TOOB

101082 Party Animals Designer TOOB

106685 Friendly Aliens Designer TOOB

103814 Friendly Monsters Designer TOOB

Mythical Realms® collection

104991 Blue Phoenix

100363 Basilisk

106779 Rainbow Unicorn

100735 Pink Haired Mermaid

105785 Purple Haired Mermaid

Dragons collection

100722 Robot Dragon

101033 Party Dragon

102518 Fairy Rainbow Dragon

106789 Glow in the Dark Cave Dragon

---- original post-------Here is the first of the Safari Ltd 2023 releases.

100729 Majungasaurus
Size: L10"xH4.5"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

Last edited by Roger on Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:27 am; edited 17 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 1:01 am

Very interresting, I'm not an "every theropod species" collector but this Majungasaurus will probably live with me soon I like the proportions and scheme of this one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 9:57 am

I also like the scheme, it brings some life to the sculpt. We keep not knowing where the 2022 releases end and where the 2023 releases start but at least this was announced by Safari as their first 2023 first reveal. Wink

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 10:30 am

Really happy to see Safari with some new figures early this year. I can't wait to see what they reveal next Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 6:17 pm

This one looks great I think.

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus EmptyTue Jan 31, 2023 1:57 pm

And here it is :

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus EmptyTue Jan 31, 2023 9:41 pm

Thanks for sharing the video, I think the Evanescence interlude and the baby talk are my favorite moments. Laughing

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus EmptyThu Feb 02, 2023 5:30 am

Great video Very Happy Thank you Kosta cheers
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus EmptyThu Feb 02, 2023 8:09 am

The belly being so white makes it look odd to me… overall not my favorite theropod by them…

Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 12:38 am

Just announced on their instragram, a Utahraptor

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 12:50 am

Instant must-have :)
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 1:00 am

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 1:09 am

Thanks Jolie! Looks modern, appealing and menacing. I'm not sure I like the tamandua pose, but heavy feathered dinosaurs are now commonly accepted.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 1:25 am

I LOVE the colors on this one! Great new model!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 1:41 am

Well, it looks a bit odd to me, I don't mean it isn't accurate but the tripod pose and colors aren't exactly my cup of tea. I prefer by far the Deinonychus, still tripod but much more elegant for me.

I will probably stay with my old Rebor.
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 9:07 am

Nice one.

Wildheart

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus EmptyFri Mar 10, 2023 7:56 am

The lower jaw looks broken for some reason. And the colors are quite odd for such a large predator, they would not aid with camouflage at all

aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

PostSubject: Utahraptor info   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus EmptyFri Mar 10, 2023 9:29 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Hey guys, I've already put the Safari utahraptor on my list of stuff to order from Safari later on. Also, mom and I are working on getting me a wholesale account with hotaling imports, so that I can get Papo figures for my collection. So all in all, the news is good. The current total of my collection is 2397, but if you counted only the figures, it would be 1975. Anyway, I can't wait to place my first Papo order! Oh man, this is going to be so cool. Also, even though I'm going wholesale with papo, it doesn't mean I'm stopping collecting Schleich or collectA. Far from it! In fact, I think that doing things wholesale with papo will be great for my collection, and my searchlist. I've already taken notes about Safari's utahraptor, so if there's any more news, keep me informed.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 11:03 am

Wildheart wrote:
The lower jaw looks broken for some reason. And the colors are quite odd for such a large predator, they would not aid with camouflage at all

Yes, the jaw looks strange. But the colors could be mating colors. ^^

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 12:00 pm

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:
Wildheart wrote:

Yes, the jaw looks strange. But the colors could be mating colors. ^^

Yes. Love the feathers, don't mind the tripod, can live with the color, but there's something off looking about the lower jaw. I'd want to see one in hand first.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 3:11 pm

According to the latest example and understanding, this species does have a curved jaw (think masiakasaurus).
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The jaw itself curves downward, but the teeth positioned on the the end of the jaw, and thus exaggerating the curving downwards appearance. 

Rights to the paleoartist Dr. Scott Hartman:

I think the blue color is unique. Birds are colorful, many of them do mot overtly blend in to the foliage. I just see this as a colorful raptor posturing or threatening to defend itself. But I am partial to the color blue so... that's just me.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 9:10 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

I think the blue color is unique. Birds are colorful, many of them do mot overtly blend in to the foliage. I just see this as a colorful raptor posturing or threatening to defend itself. But I am partial to the color blue so... that's just me.

Birds can be colorful of course, especially small ones or Big fruit eaters like Cassowaries. Utahraptors were hunters and they were big, measuring 4.9–5.5 m (16–18 ft) long and weighing 280–300 kg. Now open a book about modern raptors, their dresses vary from black to white through all shades of gray and brown, none of them are blue, this color isn't suitable if you want to ambush preys.
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 9:21 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

Birds can be colorful of course, especially small ones or Big fruit eaters like Cassowaries. Utahraptors were hunters and they were big, measuring 4.9–5.5 m (16–18 ft) long and weighing 280–300 kg. Now open a book about modern raptors, their dresses vary from black to white through all shades of gray and brown, none of them are blue, this color isn't suitable if you want to ambush preys.

Exactly! Modern raptors are not blue or pink because ambushing prey requires you to blend in.
Look at owls, eagles and falcons. This Utahraptor color scheme reminds me of a parrot or a pheasant. Not very realistic

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 2:19 am

I will admit, it is a lot of blue. The color scheme as a whole reminds me of the American Kestrel, though this is more blue-gray than they are. As I said before, I am partial to blue, but understand that a lot of people aren't loving it here for this figure.

I would also argue that most of birds of prey don't really need to "blend in" in most settings. Many of them rely on speed or size to capture prey. They aren't truly ambush predators like some mammals. Obviously raptors likely did given that this isn't an early "bird" dinosaur capable of flight. So it would make more sense to be dressed in drab  colors. I think they were just trying to differentiate this from their other 2 feathered raptors or perhaps even any of their feathered dinos done already, and really, blue is the only color left.  Laughing (the trex, velociraptor, deinonychus, microraptor, even yutyrranus. They covered all of the basic camoflage colorations). Lastly, coloration very well could have been a social aspect like with modern birds, and we can't know that info as it can't be fossilized.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 2:58 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I will admit, it is a lot of blue. The color scheme as a whole reminds me of the American Kestrel, though this is more blue-gray than they are. As I said before, I am partial to blue, but understand that a lot of people aren't loving it here for this figure.

I would also argue that most of birds of prey don't really need to "blend in" in most settings. Many of them rely on speed or size to capture prey. They aren't truly ambush predators like some mammals. Obviously raptors likely did given that this isn't an early "bird" dinosaur capable of flight. So it would make more sense to be dressed in drab  colors. I think they were just trying to differentiate this from their other 2 feathered raptors or perhaps even any of their feathered dinos done already, and really, blue is the only color left.  Laughing (the trex, velociraptor, deinonychus, microraptor, even yutyrranus. They covered all of the basic camoflage colorations). Lastly, coloration very well could have been a social aspect like with modern birds, and we can't know that info as it can't be fossilized.

Of course we don't know and a big part of this is only a matter of taste. nevertheless, even if modern birds of prey aren't "ambush predators", the fact is that all of them have camouflage colors (black, white, gray and all shades of brown.)

I understand that Safari could have chosen these colors to differentiate the model from its predecessors and literally jump in the eyes of buyers, let's say that for my tastes it is however completely unacceptable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next