Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus

Go down 
+32
Buzzcocks
CodyK2004
Farm collector
Bloodrayne
jarda
Balaenoptera
Katy Leven
Gecko08
MansoBoricua
Caracal
Taos
Kikimalou
rogerpgvg
Duck-Anch-Amun
Tupolew Tu-154
Ana
sunny
landrover
Roger
Joliezac
endogenylove
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
LukaLeon085
pipsxlch
bmathison1972
George
jtoddthree@gmail.com
aschuck
Wildheart
costicuba
MartinH
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 5:36 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I will admit, it is a lot of blue. The color scheme as a whole reminds me of the American Kestrel, though this is more blue-gray than they are. As I said before, I am partial to blue, but understand that a lot of people aren't loving it here for this figure.

I would also argue that most of birds of prey don't really need to "blend in" in most settings. Many of them rely on speed or size to capture prey. They aren't truly ambush predators like some mammals. Obviously raptors likely did given that this isn't an early "bird" dinosaur capable of flight. So it would make more sense to be dressed in drab  colors. I think they were just trying to differentiate this from their other 2 feathered raptors or perhaps even any of their feathered dinos done already, and really, blue is the only color left.  Laughing (the trex, velociraptor, deinonychus, microraptor, even yutyrranus. They covered all of the basic camoflage colorations). Lastly, coloration very well could have been a social aspect like with modern birds, and we can't know that info as it can't be fossilized.

Of course we don't know and a big part of this is only a matter of taste. nevertheless, even if modern birds of prey aren't "ambush predators", the fact is that all of them have camouflage colors (black, white, gray and all shades of brown.)

I understand that Safari could have chosen these colors to differentiate the model from its predecessors and literally jump in the eyes of buyers, let's say that for my tastes it is however completely unacceptable.

I understand my friend.  Very Happy I didn't mean to come off as confrontational... this hobby of course boils down to our own tastes and preferences. monkey

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 8:29 pm

You're not confrontational Paige, it's interesting to discuss and share different opinions Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 25, 2023 5:20 pm

NO more?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 26, 2023 6:23 pm

widukind wrote:
NO more?

Safari is announcing throughout the year, shortly before figures become available.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 26, 2023 9:02 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
widukind wrote:
NO more?

Safari is announcing throughout the year, shortly before figures become available.

Thanks

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
jtoddthree@gmail.com

Country/State : Round Rock Texas

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 29, 2023 6:33 pm

Roger wrote:
Here is the first of the Safari Ltd 2023 releases.

100729 Majungasaurus
Size: L10"xH4.5"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
i hope safari ltd might reveal these species for 2023
Back to top Go down
jtoddthree@gmail.com

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 29, 2023 6:34 pm

Roger wrote:
Here is the first of the Safari Ltd 2023 releases.

100729 Majungasaurus
Size: L10"xH4.5"

i hope safari ltd might reveal these species for 2023
Back to top Go down
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 06, 2023 9:26 pm

Safai will reveal a new figurine this month.

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 06, 2023 10:30 pm

LukaLeon085 wrote:
Safai will reveal a new figurine this month.
Really I hope it’ll be coati or sun bear
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 07, 2023 4:03 am

Can't wait to see what it is! Hopefully something from their Wildlife line bounce Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
jtoddthree@gmail.com

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 07, 2023 4:40 am

Joliezac wrote:
Can't wait to see what it is! Hopefully something from their Wildlife line bounce Laughing
Yes a coati fossa sun bear maybe indri
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 07, 2023 7:39 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Joliezac wrote:
Yes a coati fossa sun bear maybe indri

I'm not a great wisher but I would prefer a IC Pink fairy armadillo or an IC Mantis shrimp drunken
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 07, 2023 6:03 pm

And i want an armored Stegosaurus. ^^

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 07, 2023 6:17 pm

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:
This is a bit of an oxymoron no?  Laughing I know what you mean though... to go along with the trex and trike right?

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 07, 2023 10:45 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:
This is a bit of an oxymoron no?  Laughing I know what you mean though... to go along with the trex and trike right?

Right. I mean the ones with metal shields. ^^

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 07, 2023 11:34 pm

I hope you get your wish Tupelow. :)

I think a peacock mantis shrimp would be great in their IC line Kiki.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 12:09 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I hope you get your wish Tupelow. :)

I think a peacock mantis shrimp would be great in their IC line Kiki.

Indeed and a 1/1 scale pink fairy armadillo too I love you

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 2:30 am

I would LOVE the mantis shrimp. But that armadillo is sufficiently freaky.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 3:21 am

pipsxlch wrote:
I would LOVE the mantis shrimp. But that armadillo is sufficiently freaky.
For me it straddles the freaky but somehow cute line... Very Happy

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 10:20 am

What a cute armadillo

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 28, 2023 6:15 pm

I am at work and can't post the photo myself yet but...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 28, 2023 7:30 pm

The sculpt is lovely but it looks like a lot of his spots fell off - the photo with the real gecko at the end really emphasises the difference!

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 28, 2023 7:54 pm

I am in no way an expert, but I do know that there are lots of color morphs for these geckos. Since they recently partnered with Petco in my local town this could afford some unique opportunities for different colorations.

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 28, 2023 8:45 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I am in no way an expert, but I do know that there are lots of color morphs for these geckos. Since they recently partnered with Petco in my local town this could afford some unique opportunities for different colorations.

Yes, there are many morphotypes, possibly both wild and domestic
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 28, 2023 11:05 pm

Wow , a 1/1 scale cheers

With a real one

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus   Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari Ltd 2023 Releases, list with pictures on first page, updated with a Therizinosaurus
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next