Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller

Go down 
+17
rogerpgvg
Jill
jarda
Morek
Shanti
thebritfarmer
Kikimalou
landrover
bjarki12
Sassyscribbler
ros
Taos
sunny
Bonnie
SUSANNE
George
widukind
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

horses - Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller   horses - Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller - Page 13 EmptyThu Dec 21, 2023 3:06 am

and I think these have to be my favourites - that curled neck looking back on the babies! so cute:)

I have group pics of my hens, turkeys and swans if you ever need comparisons in the future

horses - Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller - Page 13 Ducksf11
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

horses - Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller   horses - Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller - Page 13 EmptyFri Dec 22, 2023 8:24 pm

sunny wrote:

horses - Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller - Page 13 Ducksr11

These look great. Are they Riesen?

The geese that are looking back are funny. I wonder whether real geese can turn their head that way.

sunny

PostSubject: Re: Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller   horses - Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller - Page 13 EmptyFri Dec 22, 2023 9:55 pm

yes they are Riesen! they are very light and I hollow I think.

I think the goose looking back is done with artistic licence
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller   horses - Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller - Page 13 EmptyMon Feb 26, 2024 10:31 pm

Two new field horses:
horses - Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller - Page 13 Img_5729

The brown horse is made of PVC and the white horse is polythene. These field horses were made in two poses: With all four legs on the ground or with one raised foreleg. I already had the horses with a raised foreleg:
horses - Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller - Page 13 Img_8930

When I got my two new horses, I realised that not only their left foreleg was different, but other aspects of their pose are also slightly different.
horses - Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller - Page 13 Img_8931

The brown horse with raised leg is very scuffed; I could do with a better one. The field horses were made between 1958 and 1969.

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller   horses - Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller - Page 13 EmptyMon Feb 26, 2024 10:56 pm

Wonderful additions.I especially like the horse with the four white socks.I have one each of the white and brown horse and another white model with tack on.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller   horses - Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller - Page 13 EmptyTue Feb 27, 2024 12:29 am

Very harmonious horse figures. Britains was also very good in this field.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller   horses - Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller - Page 13 EmptyTue Feb 27, 2024 5:27 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller   horses - Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller - Page 13 EmptyTue Feb 27, 2024 9:29 pm

Thank you, Taylor, Rogério and Andreas. Indeed, there are field horses with tack too and they also exist in two poses and two colours. Lots of variations!

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller   horses - Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller - Page 13 EmptyThu May 02, 2024 8:44 pm

A new pig:
horses - Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller - Page 13 _iwl1_10

A large black pig that was made from 1993 until 1996. Like the other pigs that were produced in this short period, they are hard to find.

I thought I was also still looking for the spotted version of this pig, but when I checked my database, I discovered that I already had it! It turns out I even had two. I had accidentally put them in my “for sale” storage boxes where they lay forgotten for several years. Nothing better than finding a figure on my wish list in my own collection!

They were marketed by Britains as Gloucestershire old spot pigs. Mine have two different colours, I am not quite sure whether they were originally made in different colours or whether one has discoloured and the other one hasn’t.
horses - Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller - Page 13 Img_2818

The only pig from the 1992-1996 period that I am still looking for is the Landrace (pink) pig feeding. I have checked my collection carefully, but alas, it isn’t there Surprised .

sunny

PostSubject: Re: Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller   horses - Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller - Page 13 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 12:18 am

congratulations on finding 2 pigs on your wishlist that you already had Very Happy

I know that feeling especially, - when I rediscovered my Starlux figures!

When I get the opportunity to check my packed away piggy herds I will see what ones I have in this style.

Yesterday I said hello to 4 beautiful saddlebacks! they all came over to see me from their wallow and sniff my hands. Each one had beautiful very long black eye lashes and a delicate soft pink nose, and a sleek body.
Back to top Go down
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller   horses - Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller - Page 13 EmptyThu May 23, 2024 9:43 pm

Nice additions Roger. The field horse with tack also came in tan but is rare. not sure if the field horses without tack came in tan though.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller   horses - Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller - Page 13 EmptyThu May 23, 2024 10:26 pm

Thanks, Annette (sorry, forgot to reply earlier) and Scott. There is indeed a rare tan field horse too. I don't have it. Not entirely sure, but I thought the tan field horse was only sold together with a cart/roller/rake. Good to hear from you again, Scott!

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller   horses - Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller - Page 13 EmptyMon May 27, 2024 11:14 pm

I found another horse with cart:
horses - Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller - Page 13 _ipd1_10

They were made from 1960 until around 1964 (with plastic horse; the cart was sold with a lead horse before this). It came in its original box. It's surprising how often you can still find these models in a box after 60 years!
horses - Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller - Page 13 _ipd6_10
horses - Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller - Page 13 _ipd5_10
horses - Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller - Page 13 _ipd8_10

The cart was also sold in green. My green cart doesn't have a horse:
horses - Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller - Page 13 Img_0417

For obvious reasons, the horse is often referred to as the "skinny horse". It's not just skinny, but also very small. It was sold either in brown or white.

At some point, probably around 1964, Britains modernised the cart and the wooden wheels were replaced by wheels with tyres. This model lasted until 1969, when the Britains tractors became more and more popular.
horses - Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller - Page 13 _fam1_10

And I found a horse with roller too:
horses - Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller - Page 13 _iwo2_10
horses - Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller - Page 13 _iwo3_10

The roller and plastic horse were made from 1960 until 1968. We can date my particular model more precisely as made in 1968, because the horse is made of PVC and Britains used polythene before 1968.

They are in a pristine condition, as if they were painted yesterday. They certainly haven't been played with much. They came in a box too, but the inner base is missing:
horses - Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller - Page 13 _iwo5_10

The roller was also made in blue, and the horse also exists in white:
horses - Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller - Page 13 Img_9439

A brown horse with blue roller and a white horse with green roller are still missing in my collection. I know, I could swap them, but isn't it better to have all combinations at the same time? A Britains collection is never complete Very Happy.

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller   horses - Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller - Page 13 EmptyTue May 28, 2024 2:07 am

Wow, congratulations! The horse and cart is really elegant. I love the wooden style wheels more than the tires, but what excellent finds, especially with the boxes. cheers
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller   horses - Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller - Page 13 EmptyTue May 28, 2024 4:47 am

Congratulations Roger on getting some more gems for your collection!

Amazing how many combinations they had/have of these horses and carts/etc

The 'skinny' horse is one of my favourite models, it is just so elegant. And I love how it is displayed so elegantly inside the box on that stand. And the line drawing on the pink background! Superb!

I can just imagine the kids back then being very excited getting these toys - the presentation of them, and then the little display stand inside the box. Rather thrilling Very Happy (thrilling for me now to see it all!)
Back to top Go down
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller   horses - Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller - Page 13 EmptyTue May 28, 2024 8:13 pm

Nice horse drawn vehicles Roger. You also need a white skinny horse for the collection :) I think the skinny comes from the days of lead horses as the original lead horse that came with that cart had even skinnier legs and body.
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller   horses - Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller - Page 13 EmptyTue May 28, 2024 9:12 pm

Superb additions cheers cheers cheers ,such great Britains models.The skinny horse is really elegant.I wonder was it Britains attempt at a Hackney horse/pony?

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller   horses - Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller - Page 13 EmptyTue May 28, 2024 9:53 pm

Thank you, Jill, Annette, Scott and Taylor!

As far as I know, Britains didn't assign a breed to the skinny horse.

I have got a white skinny horse too. It is pulling a milk float:
horses - Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller - Page 13 _dbf3_10

I should show you the line drawing of the horse with roller too. I agree, I like the boxes too. I think they make me feel like a child in a toyshop!
horses - Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller - Page 13 _iwo6_10

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller   horses - Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller - Page 13 EmptyYesterday at 8:17 am

So many nice figures.

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller   horses - Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rogerpgvg's Britains collection: horses with cart and roller
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13