Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices!

Go down 
+20
donny ong
Birdsage
minis
SUSANNE
endogenylove
Geospiza fortis
Saien
Gwaine
Saarlooswolfhound
Sander46
Caracal
bmathison1972
George
Bonnie
Kikimalou
Pardofelis
sunny
Gecko08
Joliezac
Roger
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices! Empty
PostSubject: 2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices!   2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices! EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 1:22 am

As you can see HERE, the STS 2021 Toy animal figure of the year competition is open.

It's time to make your  choices for Prehistoric. You have until February 5th, Saturday to list a a maximum of five figures to this category. On February 6th, Sunday, we'll start a poll with the figures with the biggest number of choices.

Models of all brands can compete, the only rule is that it must be a 2021 release.

You can find the 2021 releases for this category on this topic., where @Kikimalou gently compiled all information. cheers

Enjoy  cheers

Here the 2020 winner in my collection.

2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices! Papo-megaloceros-susanne

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices!   2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices! EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 1:34 am

I'm excited to see what everyone's choices are! I'll have to really think about what models to choose... Most of these I don't have so I'll have to look at what forum members got this year.

I do have 2 definite picks from my collection so far though Wink

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Gecko08

Gecko08

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices!   2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices! EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 2:08 am

I thankfully got the Papo Megaloceros last year, and it's a wonderful figure. Anyway, here are my picks. These could really go in any order.

5. PNSO Cretoxyrhina

4. Collecta Pravitoceras

3. PNSO Livyatan (great to see an ancient whale)

2. Collecta Kamuysaurus

1. Collecta Xiphactinus

I really wanted to include something from Safari here, but they weren't at the top of their game last year, but that looks like it's going to change. I also was thinking about including some really good PNSO figures like Olorotitan and Himalayasaurus, because I'm hoping the final poll isn't just a shortlist of figures from one company. Still, it looks like Collecta and PNSO will be the main competitors. I also was going to include Collecta's Elasmosaurus, but it's flawed depending on who you ask. Since I recently specced into more modern animals for my collection, but it's pretty limited. I'll probably be voting in the Sealife and Wildlife polls when they come around.

Also check out my collection here: https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t24843-gecko08s-updated-collection#479813
Crocodile Haydn Crocodile
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices!   2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices! EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 4:58 am

so many beautiful creatures to choose from on that thread! I'm impressed with the Eikoh figures. They all have 'movement' in their poses and it brings them to life.

here are my 5 choices Very Happy

CollectA Elasmosaurus

PNSO Pinacosaurus

Eikoh Platybelodon

Eikoh Synthetoceras

Vitae Tiantaiosaurus A
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices!   2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices! EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 8:00 am

The number of opponents is very high this year and the quality of them is so superior that the chosing on only 5 best ones is extremely hard! I will mention my top 5 choices but, contrarily to other years, all of these can be the number 1 and I let out of the lists more number 1 figures, there is no gradient in favouritism here! If I had space in my home, the figures of 2021 are so incredible that I would start collecting prehistoric :)

Here my 5 choices:

-PNSO Miragaia longicollum (I love stegosaurids more than any other dinosaur group and this one is incredibly wonderful)
-PNSO Kronosaurus queenslandicus, sooo impressive
-PNSO Helicoprion (species?)
-PNSO Dunkleosteus terreili
-CollectA Doedicurus clavicaudatus

Very very hard time pulling out figures of my original 11 top 1 figures. I finally will discard these even when they don't deserved to be discarded:

Rebor Carnotaurus sastrei in Disney Dinosaur's colour I absolutely love it, I just put it here because theropods are too over-represented as group
CollectA Xiphactinus audax it's incredibly good, but it don't have the absolutely perfect finish of PNSO figures
PNSO Tyrannosaurus rex Andrea The resting position is so original! But after all is just a Tyrannosaur, the most ABC species of whole prehistoric times...
Rebor Smilodon (fatalis or populator?) (that face!)
PNSO Livyathan melvillei is atonishing but it past to this runner-up list just because the seam in the neck
Rebor Deinosuchus (species?) hatchling it can't be more perfect, but I always prefair adult animals than hachtlings

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices!   2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices! EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 10:23 am

What a hardtime this year, Prehistoric range was the most flourishing of all in 2021.

My heart is bleeding but I have to choose Wink

PNSO Dunkleosteus
PNSO Himalayasaurus
PNSO Livyatan
Mojo Fun Smilodon
CollectA Xiphactinus
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices!   2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices! EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 11:09 am

An impossible decision! Laughing But wonderful topic Roger! Very Happy
1) PNSO Dunkleosteus
2) PNSO Cretoxyrhina
3) CollectA Xiphectinus
4) PNSO Kronosaurus
5) PNSO Allosaurus
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices!   2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices! EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 1:07 pm

This is a really tough one for me! Although a lifelong fan of dinosaurs I'm not a prehistoric collector, and til I joined the forum this year I was really unaware of what models were even out there, so I'm coming at it from a different angle to many of you. How many times a species has been made, or how long-awaited and exciting it is, or how figures have developed along with science - all that hasn't affected my choices as I just don't know that background collecting-culture stuff Laughing

So I just went with the ones which made me think 'wow', for sculpt and detail and finish, for believable anatomy and pose, and for looking real and lifelike (as far as we can judge for an animal no-one's ever seen Laughing )

PNSO Carcharodontosaurus
PNSO Iguanadon
PNSO Kronosaurus
PNSO Tarbosaurus
PNSO Torvosaurus

(I didn't mean it to be a PNSO clean sweep - I opened every image in a new tab and slowly worked through closing my least favourites til I was left with a top five! The Iguanodon gets in because that was one of my absolute favourite dinosaurs when I was little and it's wonderful to see a modern figure - it got a bit forgotten when Jurassic Park came along and every kid's favourite dinosaur was suddenly one which is in the film, and any which aren't were out of fashion for playground chat, hah)

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices!   2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices! EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 2:59 pm

my choices:

1. CollectA Doedicurus
2. PNSO Helicoprion
3. PNSO Livyatan
4. CollectA Xiphactinus
5. PNSO Cretoxyrhina
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices!   2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices! EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 4:21 pm

My choices:

1.) Rebor Carnotaurus (Crimson King)

2.) Nanmu Studios Giganotosaurus (Behemoth Tiger Stripe)

3.) PNSO Kronosaurus

4.) Rebor Deinosuchus Hatching

5.) PNSO Livyatan

The Nanmu Giganotosaurus wasn't listed on the prehistoric releases page so here is a photo if anyone is interested:

2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices! Img-0518

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices!   2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices! EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:22 pm

1 PNSO Tylosaurus
2 PNSO Kronosaurus
3 PNSO Mamenchisaurus
4 PNSO Dunkelosteus
5 PNSO Triceratops
Back to top Go down
Sander46

Sander46

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices!   2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices! EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 1:36 am

1. Collecta doedericus
2. Eikoh Synthetoceras
3. Eikoh Wooly Mammoth
4. Eikoh Megalocerus
5. Mojo smilodon
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices!   2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices! EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 3:20 am

Holy smokes! So many good models...
1 eikoh gigantopithecus
2 collectA elasmosaurus
3 PNSO helicoprion (for nostalgia's sake)
4 PNSO livyatan
5 Rebor titanoboa

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Gwaine

Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices!   2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices! EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 12:53 pm

1. Schleich Kaprosuchus
2. CollectA Neovenator
3. CollectA Xipahactinus
4. CollectA Elsamosaurus
5. CollectA Kamuysaurus

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: http://tezzieh.deviantart.com/
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
Saien

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices!   2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices! EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 8:04 pm

REBOR - Smilodon
COLLECTA - Doedicurus
PNSO - Triceratops
PNSO - Yutyrannus
PNSO - Pinacosaurus

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices!   2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices! EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 10:46 pm

My picks are:

Safari Baryonyx
Safari Daspletosaurus
Safari Spinosaurus
Papo Megalodon
Schleich Tupandactylus

Interestingly, the prehistoric figures from last year that I plan on purchasing is exactly five.
Back to top Go down
endogenylove

endogenylove

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices!   2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices! EmptyMon Jan 31, 2022 12:35 am

PNSO Olorotitan
Collecta Doedicurus
PNSO Iguanadon
PNSO Livayatan
PNSO Pachycephalosuaurs

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices!   2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices! EmptyMon Jan 31, 2022 11:55 am

PNSO Miragaia

CollectA Xiphactinus

Rebor smilodon

Eikoh Gigantopithecus.

PNSO Pachycephalosaurus

minis

Country/State : france

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices!   2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices! EmptyMon Jan 31, 2022 4:31 pm

hard choices ...

PNSO Tyrannosaurus Wilson
PNSO Yutyrannus
PNSO Triceratops
Rebor Smilodon
Eikoh Titanis

thanks to @Kikimalou
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices!   2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices! EmptyTue Feb 01, 2022 5:36 pm

Vitae Tiantaiosaurus C
PNSO Yutyrannus
PNSO Sinoceratops
PNSO Olorotitan
Safari Spinosaurus
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices!   2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices! EmptyWed Feb 02, 2022 2:20 am

CollectA Pteranodon
CollectA Doedicurus
PNSO Himalayasaurus
CollectA Pravitoceras
PNSO Tylosaurus

Back to top Go down
Tove

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices!   2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices! EmptyWed Feb 02, 2022 8:05 pm

1: CollectA, Xiphactinus

2: Papo, Megalodon

3: Collecta, Doedicurus

4: CollectA, Megalasaurus

5: Papo, Smilidon Cub
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices!   2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices! EmptyThu Feb 03, 2022 10:47 am

PNSO Sinoceratops
PNSO Parasaurolophus
PNSO Olorotitan
PNSO Pachycephalosaurus

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices!   2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices! EmptyThu Feb 03, 2022 6:44 pm

Eikoh Archelon
PNSO Carcharodontosaurus
PNSO Cretoxyrhina
PNSO Kronosaurus
PNSO Triceratops
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices!   2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices! EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 5:23 am

1. CollectA Doedicurus
2. PNSO Mamenchisaurus
3. PNSO Olorotitan
4. PNSO Tarbosaurus
5. Mojo Smilodon

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices!   2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices! Empty

Back to top Go down

2021 Prehistoric Figure of the year, time for your choices!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next