Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Leyster's Collection

Go down 
+11
Leyster
widukind
rogerpgvg
Joliezac
pipsxlch
Taos
Gecko08
SUSANNE
Saarlooswolfhound
Bonnie
landrover
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Leyster

Country/State : Italy

Leyster's Collection - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2022 3:52 pm

I think too that the minis were the most interesting series by PNSO, together with the big vinyl models. That Miragaia, as far as I remember, was based on an older restoration, thus explaining it's weird look compared to the recent one (still a weir beast tho).
I don't think (and hope) that the GR Tyrannosaurus will cost 100 euros, they seem to stick to 1:35 scale (or so advertised) and their Carcharodontosaurus was 50 euros. I doubt they could invent a fancier paint than the Carcharodontosaurus, either: it has the most complex pattern among the figures I own.

"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."
Back to top Go down
Leyster

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2022 10:03 am

Binomial name: Sinraptor dongi Currie & Zhao 1994
Classification: Dinosauria->Theropoda->Neotheropoda->Averostra->Tetanurae->Carnosauria->Allosauroidea->Metriacanthosauridae->Metriacanthosaurinae
Time: Oxfordian? (Late Jurassic)
Formation: Shishugou Formation (present day China)
Manifacturer and date of release: Vitae, 2018 (standard) and 2020 (Deluxe)
Sculptor: Cheung Chung Tat
Scale: 1:27 for IVPP10600
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The standars and the Deluxe version are quite nice displayed together, they remind me of M.Skrepnick's illustration in Currie & Zhao 1994
Also here is my review of this model!

"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."
Back to top Go down
Leyster

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2022 10:19 am

Binomial name: Mantellisaurus atherfieldensis (Hooley, 1925)
Classification: Dinosauria->Ornithischia->Genasauria->Neornithischia->Cerapoda->Ornithopoda->Iguanodontia->Dryomorpha->Ankylopollexia->Styracosterna->Hadrosauroidea
Time: Barremian-Aptian (Early Cretaceous)
Formation: Atherfield Clay Formation, Sainte-Barbe Clays Formation, La Huérguina Formation, Arcillas de Morella Formation (present day UK, Belgium and Spain)
Manifacturer and date of release: Collecta, 2018
Sculptor: Matt Geiger
Scale: 1:31 for NHMUK R5764.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2022 12:24 pm

If the GR Toys goes for 50 Euros, I believe it is an acceptable price.
I was reading your review about the Vitae model and your appreciations are quite positive to that Sinraptor. It seems the figure is scientifically quite accurate but it also seems to be a great figure in terms of manufacturing. I mean, the fact you mention the use of a magnet to help it standing correctly in its base or the velvet like applied on the bottom part of the base are two interesting details. More surprising is how affordable those Vitae models are. Besides Ebay, where to buy htem?

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2022 3:07 pm

Roger wrote:
If the GR Toys goes for 50 Euros, I believe it is an acceptable price.
I was reading your review about the Vitae model and your appreciations are quite positive to that Sinraptor. It seems the figure is scientifically quite accurate but it also seems to be a great figure in terms of manufacturing. I mean, the fact you mention the use of a magnet to help it standing correctly in its base or the velvet like applied on the bottom part of the base are two interesting details. More surprising is how affordable those Vitae models are. Besides Ebay, where to buy htem?
Yeah, Vitae is a very, very underrated brand, their Giganotosaurus is my favorite figure ever. Since you're located in UE, I suggest you to join the facebook group "Ordini di Gruppo Modelli & Statue Dinosauri" (yeah, the title is italian, but I don't think there will be any difference between shipping to Italy and shipping to Portugal, they're both UE countries). Or there is Aliexpress, Model Toy Center is a reliable store.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2022 11:53 pm

Thanks, I joined the Italian group.

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 11:07 am

My pleasure!

Binomial name: Deinonychus antirrhopus Ostrom, 1969
Classification: Dinosauria->Theropoda->Neotheropoda->Averostra->Tetanurae->Coelurosauria->Tyrannoraptora->Maniraptoromorpha->Neocoelurosauria->Maniraptoriformes->Maniraptora->Pennaraptora->Paraves->Eumaniraptora->Deinonychosauria->Dromaeosauridae->Eudromaeosauria->
Time: Aptian-Albian (Early Cretaceous)
Formation: Himes Member, Little Sheep Mudstone Member of the Cloverly Formation, Trinity Group, Antlers Formation (present day USA)
Manifacturer and date of release: Safari, 2020
Sculptor: Doug Watson
Scale: 1:13 based on YPM 5205 (holotype), 1:18 based on MCZ 4371 (largest specimen)
Best Dromaeosaurid out there for anatomy and feathering. Period.

It looks straight outta a Jed Taylor artwork:

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 4:41 pm

Such a cool Deinonychus, much more organic that those oldfashioned JP pseudo-velociraptors.
I love the coloring layout, maybe someday, we will see a dinosaur inspired in a wood duck. I love the eyes too, who told red eyes make a figure look cheap?
It also fits in my favorite scale for extant wildlife, 1:15 that is not good for collecting dinosaurs but it may be interesting for those not very large creatures.

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 26, 2022 10:45 am

Yest, I totally agree, sad thing is that Safari looks like the only major brand that regulary drabbles in feathered dinosaurs. Have you seen their Citipati? It's quite colourful (also around 1:15 I think).

Binomial name: Pachyrhinosaurus lakustai Currie, Langston and Tanke, 2008
Classification: Dinosauria->Ornithischia->Genasauria->Neornithischia->Marginocephalia->Ceratopsia->Neoceratopsia->Coronosauria->Ceratopsoidea->Ceratopsidae->Centrosaurinae->Pachyrhinosaurini->Pachyrostra
Time: Campanian (Late Cretaceous)
Formation: Wapiti Formation (present day Canada)
Manifacturer and date of release: Battat, 2014
Sculptor: Dan LoRusso
Scale: 1:25 for whatever specimen is GAT's composite based on

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 26, 2022 9:39 pm

Yes, I know the Citipati, it is too much macaw like for my taste, I even think the colors are too distracting and do not let us enjoy the great sculpt. Though, it is an interesting and funny approach. Color subject is always very subjective but I do really appreciate much better the layout of the Deinonychus.

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 2:56 am

Thanks to this, I ordered a Deinonychus last night. Laughing
I found the Citipati a fun figure, though a more subdued paintjob might work better.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 9:39 am

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Leyster

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 4:07 pm

Roger wrote:
Yes, I know the Citipati, it is too much macaw like for my taste, I even think the colors are too distracting and do not let us enjoy the great sculpt. Though, it is an interesting and funny approach. Color subject is always very subjective but I do really appreciate much better the layout of the Deinonychus.

pipsxlch wrote:
Thanks to this, I ordered a Deinonychus last night. Laughing
I found the Citipati a fun figure, though a more subdued paintjob might work better.
Glad to be inspiring [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Laughing

I personally do not own the Citipati yet, so I cannot really comment on its colour.

Binomial name: Atopodentus unicus Cheng et al. 2014
Classification: Sauropterygia->?
Time: Anisian (early Triassic)
Formation: Guanling Formation (present-day China)
Manifacturer and date of release: PNSO, 2019
Sculptor: somebody in the atelier of Zhao Chuang
Scale: 1:11 based on IVPP V20291

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2022 1:50 am

This one is absolutely spectacular. I love this kind of creatures!

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2022 1:08 pm

Yes, it's a funny little critter.

Binomial name: Giganotosaurus carolinii Coria & Salgado 1995
Classification: Dinosauria->Theropoda->Neotheropoda->Averostra->Tetanurae->Carnosauria->Allosauroidea->Allosauria->Carcharodontosauria->Carcharodontosauridae->Carcharodontosaurinae->Giganotosaurini
Time: Cenomanian (Late Cretaceous)
Formation: Candeleros Formation (present day Argentina)
Manifacturer and date of release: Carnegie Collection of the Safari LTD, 2008
Sculptor: Forest Rogers
Scale: 1:36, but using the outdated 180 cm skull, which is shown in the model. Femur lenght gives more or less 1:30

Back to top Go down
Leyster

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2022 6:49 pm

Since today there was a paper about Tyrannosaurus...

Binomial name: Tyrannosaurus rex Osborn, 1905
Classification: Dinosauria->Theropoda->Neotheropoda->Averostra->Tetanurae->Coelurosauria->Tyrannoraptora->Tyrannosauroidea->Tyrannosauridae->Tyrannosaurinae
Time: Maastrichtian (late Cretaceous)
Formation: Hell Creek Formation, Lance Formation, Frenchman Formation (present day USA and Canada)
Manifacturer and date of release: Battat, 1998 (reissued in 2014 as part of the Terra line)
Sculptor: Dan LoRusso
Scale: 1:38 based on FMNH PR 2081 (Sue), the base for the skull

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2022 11:05 pm

It seems Eofauna is working on a Tyrannosaurus imperator . I suspect it will be a party for many manufacturers with a rex, a imperator and a regina. Maybe Schleich will release a Regina with pink braids. Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 7:53 pm

Roger wrote:
It seems Eofauna is working on a Tyrannosaurus imperator . I suspect it will be a party for many manufacturers with a rex, a imperator and a regina. Maybe Schleich will release a Regina with pink braids. Laughing
Uhm... I would suggest you not to get too much attached to these new species... I haven't seen a paper so badly received since Oculodentavis, afaik no major expert agrees with it and a rebuttal should be already work in progress.

Binomial name: Zhejiangopterus linhaiensis Cai & Feng, 1994
Classification: Pterosauria->Macronychoptera->Novialoidea->Breviquartossa->Pterodactylomorpha->Caelidracones->Pterodactyloidea->Lophocratia->Eupterodactyloidea->Ornithocheiroidea->Tapejaroidea->Azhdarchoidea->Azhdarchidae
Time: Campanian (Late Cretaceous)
Formation: Tangshang Formation (present day China)
Manifacturer and date of release: Vitae, 2018
Sculptor: Cheung Chung Tat
Scale: 1:20

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 11:34 pm

I love this Deinonychus from Safari! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Leyster

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2022 5:23 pm

Caracal wrote:
I love this Deinonychus from Safari! cheers cheers
Yes, it's really nice.

Binomial name: Edaphosaurus cruciger Cope 1878
Classification: Eupelycosauria->Haptodontiformes->Sphenacomorpha->Edaphosauridae
Time: Artinskian (early Permian)
Formation: Maybelle limestone Member of the Lueders Formation, Garber Formation (present day USA)
Manifacturer and date of release: Collecta, 2018
Sculptor: Matt Geiger
Scale: 1:13

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2022 9:06 pm

I have this guy too! cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2022 1:53 am

I don't take so seriously the 3 Tyrannosaurus species, my knowledge is not even enough to take my own opinion about the subject. Though, seeing how hot is the dino toy market these last years, I suspect it will be a party for some companies.
Look how collecting is complex. I love that CollectA Edaphosaurus. I have the Bullyland model that is surely not half as good. Though, I don't collect prehistoric models, so surely I don't need two Edaphosaurus in my life. Laughing I also don't want to get rid of my Bully... so what to do? ... enjoying it on forum... Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2022 4:04 pm

Caracal wrote:
I have this guy too! cheers
It's a relly nice model!
Roger wrote:
I don't take so seriously the 3 Tyrannosaurus species, my knowledge is not even enough to take my own opinion about the subject. Though, seeing how hot is the dino toy market these last years, I suspect it will be a party for some companies.
Exactly what we needed, an excuse for them to make another version of the most often made dinosaur Wink Very Happy

Binomial name: Tarbosaurus bataar Maleev 1955
Classification: Dinosauria->Theropoda->Neotheropoda->Averostra->Tetanurae->Coelurosauria->Tyrannoraptora->Tyrannosauroidea->Tyrannosauridae->Tyrannosaurinae
Time: Campanian? Maastrichtian? (late Cretaceous)*
Formation: Nemegt Formation (present day China)
Manifacturer and date of release: PNSO, 2021
Sculptor: somebody in the atelier od Zhao Chuang
Scale: 1:31 for PIN 551-1
*There are some doubts about the exact age of the Nemegt Formation

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2022 5:42 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 05, 2022 1:29 am

Leyster wrote:
Roger wrote:
Exactly what we needed, an excuse for them to make another version of the most often made dinosaur Wink Very Happy

lol! ... and now you show a tarvosaurus. They don't need too many excuses, there are always creatures like this one. Wink

PostSubject: Re: Leyster's Collection   Leyster's Collection - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Leyster's Collection
Page 3 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next