Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10

Go down 
+34
Balaenoptera
rogerpgvg
Taos
Kikimalou
Joliezac
sunny
Jill
Roger
Caracal
widukind
Saien
Mitsukuni
MartinH
75senta75
Chris Sweetman
Shanti
SUSANNE
George
Loon
Birdsage
costicuba
Duck-Anch-Amun
spacelab
Stripedhyena
landrover
lucky luke
Saarlooswolfhound
Farm collector
Pardofelis
bmathison1972
A-J
Advicot
Bonnie
Ana
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 13 EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 1:55 pm

The Pfeiffer miniature is really small, smaller than a Britains lion.
Yes, the Kaiyodos are very well sculpted, but the joints between each piece kind of ruin the work, and that's what's so frustrating. If the sculpting wasn't so good, it wouldn't be so bad.
As for the Platybelodon, I own the one that Kaiyodo produced in the early 2000s, and I'll take some photos to explain my point of view.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 13 EmptyFri Aug 18, 2023 9:57 am

Here are the comparison pics Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 13 EmptyFri Aug 18, 2023 10:27 am

The shape of the trunk is perhaps a bit unconventional, but otherwise, the new Kaiyodo looks good. Lively pose. What do you not like about it?

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 13 EmptyFri Aug 18, 2023 9:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: I love the birds too but they aren't on a manatee, it is a Steller's sea cow.  Very Happy
I didn't know about the Happinet rhino either until Ricardo told me about it. I don't collect articulated figures like Playmobils but I do have two exceptions and they're Indian rhinos.
The Safari Ltd WW White rhino is big but it is great and there was a hole to fill on my 1/15 shelves  Laughing
[/quote]

I will have to google the difference between them :)

Indeed, articulated figures are either a hit or miss between collectors.

Excellent 1/15 rhino Christophe! It is like an art sculpture instead of a toy.
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 13 EmptyFri Aug 18, 2023 9:38 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

[/url]

what wonderful models, this pic is my fav Very Happy

the the one on the left has a little bump on the nose that the other one doesn't have, and very bright yellow intensely focused eyes Wink which = cute drunken
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 19, 2023 6:12 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 19, 2023 8:01 am

Many wonderful newcomers! A great diversity in species, brands and scales! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 26, 2023 6:05 am

So many great new figures. Finally the remarkable Teixidó rinoceronte in your collection. What's MIC?

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 13 EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:58 am

MIC ? Made In China Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 13 EmptyThu Aug 31, 2023 2:34 am

Kikimalou wrote:
MIC ? Made In China Laughing

Laughing Thanks! Wink

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 13 EmptyFri Sep 01, 2023 12:44 pm

I love this topic....with interesting animals. study study cheers cheers

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 13 EmptyTue Oct 31, 2023 1:54 am

It's been three months since I've had too little time to devote to my favourite village, and I've also been deprived of taking photos of beasts made of plastic, metal or composition.  Sleep  Sleep  Sleep
I plan to resume my Indian rhino topic very soon, but in the meantime I'll at least try to catch up and tell you about my newcomers.
Today I'll just tell you about August, the other months will follow in a few days.

So what's not so new in August?

As always during the holidays, at least in France, the local markets are full of stalls where incredible sellers offer us 'extraordinary' products for ridiculously low prices.  Laughing
This August I came across an offer you just can't pass up, a set of three Bandai ants for the price of one.  Shocked
This is how you clutter up your shelves in summertime.  Wink
So let me show you Camponotus japonicus, Camponotus obscuripes and Paraponera clavata, the famous Bullet ant.
This set is part of the "The Diversity of Life on Earth" series that the brand has been developing over the last few years.  These models are quite large, very articulated and also very realistic.
I'm not a fan of highly articulated figures like "Beasts of the Mesozoic" but, in my opinion, that's not a problem when it comes to arthropods.

I also bought the lion from CollectA because a Portuguese crocodile told me it might be perfect in 1/15 scale...  Palmface
Well it didn't, it's 1/15 compatible only for a very small lion ( between 1/14.7 and 1/18 ) so it joined the lion tribe at 1/18.  Very Happy

Then my Mojo 2023s, the Green Anaconda (my review on ATB), the Woolly Rhino and the Aardvark.

Some Papo, Shrimp, Monarch butterfly and the impressive Common house spider.

I also fell for a 'little' Kaiyodo gem, the Giant water bug and its prey the Lesser emperor larva. Japanese brands have already produced a few pretty models of this terrible predator, but this one surpasses them all in beauty... and in price, alas!  I love you  What a Face

I'm known, I think, for my fondness of Indian rhinos, but I also have a big appetite for frogs and amphibians (To be froggie or not froggie?  tongue ), so I had to get hold of this life-size So-Ta common rain frog.

To fill my basket, I've also added the Art-Pla series from Kaiyodo ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.])

As usual now, the family portrait of the month
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 13 EmptyTue Oct 31, 2023 3:20 am

It seems August was a good month to you! So realistic ants and spider and vey beautiful non arthropods models. You now have the main brands lion I prefer and an anaconda I am drooling in front of! I love you Your so beautiful pictures are tempting me about the whooly rhino but I already have 3..

The big size of these arthropods changes a lot the the watch we have on them, revealing their  wonderful anatomy details and complexity!.. but you'll have to find place on your shelves to set all these big jewels (above all for the water-bug! Shocked ) cheers cheers drunken

I love too this art-pla serie at scale! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 13 EmptyTue Oct 31, 2023 3:40 am

Interesting catches again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 13 EmptyTue Oct 31, 2023 8:18 am

Congratulations Christophe good addition, Very Happy cheers
I particularly like the anaconda study
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 13 EmptyTue Oct 31, 2023 1:57 pm

Very realistic ants, I hope you find a giant anteater at the same scale. Wink I also love these Papo even if they're not in my cogitations.
You talk about a crocodile who is apparently cheating you but I don't see a single crocodile in your pictures. ;P
Mojö Fun Woolly rhino has a kind of wild boar personality. pig
Ihope someday to get the aardvark, that's something I can't miss.

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 13 EmptyTue Oct 31, 2023 2:38 pm

Wonderful. I like how you have embraced the Bandai Diversity insects :)
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 13 EmptyTue Oct 31, 2023 2:47 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 13 EmptyWed Nov 01, 2023 5:01 am

August was indeed a good month for my collection!

The CollectA lion is nice but I still prefer the Papo roaring one and I still have a have a soft spot for the Bullyland 63570 Lion

The anaconda was a love at first feel affair and it doesn't disappoint me.  drunken

I couldn't resist to the "Wild boar like" Wooly rhino, I'd already said goodbye to my Bullyland and I was getting ready to do the same with Papo. I was just going to keep only the Tams7prairie that I painted this year, due to lack of space, and here I am with the Mojo, which has already found its place next to the Megaloceros, two mammoths and other Cenozoic beasts on floor 1/25.  Very Happy

Alain, having four different Wooly rhino isn't a probleme for a guy who has three Papo lynx with different paintings  Laughing

The 1/35 Artpla series are excellent for a 1/35 African shelf and I'm planning to start a painting workshop at the end of the year.

Yes Rogério, I will try to find two anteaters and a big laundry to send you one  Laughing  and yes the Aardvark is awesome I love you

The Bandai Diversity insects are real pests and invading species on my shelves indeed  Laughing  I would love to catch some crabs too but they are really to big for the place I can find.

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 2:56 pm

Always a joy to see your photos! I don't collect insects at all, but the more I see your and Blaine's photos, the more I wish they made some in 1/32 scale Very Happy.  The Bandais are truly spectacular.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 4:58 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

Yes Rogério, I will try to find two anteaters and a big laundry to send you one  Laughing  and yes the Aardvark is awesome I love you

lol! bounce bounce affraid Wink

rogerpgvg wrote:
Always a joy to see your photos! I don't collect insects at all, but the more I see your and Blaine's photos, the more I wish they made some in 1/32 scale Very Happy.  

lol! lol!

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 13 EmptySat Nov 04, 2023 7:51 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
Always a joy to see your photos! I don't collect insects at all, but the more I see your and Blaine's photos, the more I wish they made some in 1/32 scale Very Happy.  The Bandais are truly spectacular.

You could always start a collection of 1/32 "scary movie monsters". Laughing
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 13 EmptySat Nov 04, 2023 10:18 am

I adore the frog, congrats on all!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 10, 2023 12:39 pm

Before I present the new items for September, I'd like to tell you about a package that Cyril, a collector from Dunkerque, generously sent me. Inside were polar bears and a sled dog. All these models had been painted by collectors on the SP1/32 forum. I was very touched by this gesture and I would like to thank Cyril and all his friends who spent so much time and talent on this adventure.  I love you    cheers

First, an AJAX/Tootsie toys bear repainted by Marsouin  cheers

Then a Beton Bergen by Jim,a British collector  sunny

A Husky and a Beton Bergen bear painted by The "Duc d'Alençon"  cheers

And at least one more Beton Bergen painted by our friend Caracal aka Lucterios  Wink

The traditional family portrait

Once again I'm very happy and moved.  drunken  Embarassed
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 10, 2023 1:54 pm

What a fantastic present! Wonderful to have repaints in so many styles by your friends. I like them all, but I find the Beton Bergen by Jim especially artistic.

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10 - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated May 10
Page 13 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next