Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

In search of an african elephant

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Leyster

Country/State : Italy

In search of an african elephant Empty
PostSubject: In search of an african elephant   In search of an african elephant EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 9:06 pm

Since a while I'm thinking of expand my collection to include some extant species, too, but I would like them to be in scale with my prehistoric figures... which excludes a lot of choices Laughing Anyway, I was searching some elephants to display with the Eofauna extinct ones (plus some 1:30-1:35 dinosaurs). For the Asian elephant I found the Mojo, which looks and sizes perfectly, but I'm still unsure about the african one. In a Facebook group I saw pictures of the Eikoh next some models I own and it looks perfect, but as far as I understand it's not easy to get in Western countries and thus a bit pricey. Is there any elephant from a more common brand of the same size of the Eikoh?

"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: In search of an african elephant   In search of an african elephant EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 9:26 pm

Most elephants from the main brands are around 1:30-35 scale. The recent Mojo African elephant is well liked here. It's 10.6 cm at the shoulder, so more 1:30 than 1:35 scale. The Eikoh is a bit smaller, 8.7 cm at the shoulder. Another possibility would be the Safari charging elephant, which has a size between these two.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: In search of an african elephant   In search of an african elephant EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 10:09 pm

I think the Mojö African bush elephant is a good option. Maybe a little extreme for a 1:35 scale but if you don't take exclusively the shoulder height as reference, you'll see the model is relatively small. Also, African bush elephants are huge, they're not necesarily smaller than their extinct relatives.
Here a quick comparison between the Eofauna straight-tusked elephant and the Mojo Fun African bush elephant. From top you can see how less massive is the Mojo model as it is supposed.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Country/State : Italy

PostSubject: Re: In search of an african elephant   In search of an african elephant EmptyWed Feb 09, 2022 9:23 am

Thank you both! I think I'll go with the Safari, then: after seiing [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] photos the Mojo isn't so bad, but the trumpeting head cheats the eye on the size. I kinda want ro recreate this effect:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In search of an african elephant   In search of an african elephant Empty

Back to top Go down

In search of an african elephant
Page 1 of 1