Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin !

Go down 
+22
Saien
pipsxlch
Hanno
stargatedalek
Ana
Caracal
JamesPanda
Gecko08
Burgerenby
bmathison1972
spacelab
George
widukind
Farm collector
Bonnie
Birdsage
Roger
SUSANNE
endogenylove
Joliezac
Saarlooswolfhound
Kikimalou
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Choose your favourite for 2021
CollectA Basking Shark
The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 11 ]
CollectA Beagle
The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 5 ]
CollectA Doedicurus
The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 5 ]
Papo European Robin
The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 21 ]
Kaiyodo Revogeo Giant Water Bug
The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 6 ]
Bullyland Great green macaw
The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 16 ]
CollectA Mongolian stallion
The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 4 ]
CollectA Texas Longhorn Bull
The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 16% [ 14 ]
CollectA Xiphactinus
The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 85

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin !   The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2022 1:03 am

If this Longhorn bull is not able of winning the grand final poll, I believe we'll never have a Farm figure on top. We are surely a wildlife oriented forum. I remember in 2014 the fabulous CollectA Watusi bull having no chances against the Papo snow leopard.

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin !   The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2022 3:25 am

.. against Papo Snow leopard the challenge was to difficult though this Wattusi bull model is great! :)
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin !   The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2022 6:20 am

Yay, I cross my fingers for the little robin! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
stargatedalek

stargatedalek

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin !   The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2022 9:56 am

That waterbug had to be my vote, though, I'm wishing we had the option of ordered voting, arrange the finalists first to last sort of thing. Feels bad knowing you voted for something that stands no chance when your second pick is currently neck and neck with your last pick...

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin !   The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2022 12:19 pm

Since the poor Xiphactinus has no votes at the moment, let me share here two reviews where you can see how beautiful is this prehistoric fish figure.

By Andy's Dinosaur Reviews

By Darian the Dinosaur

Ana

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin !   The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2022 9:46 pm

stargatedalek wrote:
That waterbug had to be my vote, though, I'm wishing we had the option of ordered voting, arrange the finalists first to last sort of thing. Feels bad knowing you voted for something that stands no chance when your second pick is currently neck and neck with your last pick...

I think ordered voting would be an interesting option but also quite complicated. I would also prefer it that way but I don't think this forum format has such poll options at all. scratch

By the way, it looks like the poll is open for the 7 days from now again, it must be a mistake? I thought it closes tomorrow? study

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin !   The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2022 11:34 pm

Ana wrote:
stargatedalek wrote:

I think ordered voting would be an interesting option but also quite complicated. I would also prefer it that way but I don't think this forum format has such poll options at all.  scratch

By the way, it looks like the poll is open for the 7 days from now again, it must be a mistake? I thought it closes tomorrow? study

The only options we have are single vote mode and multiple choices that we don't like because we can't limit the number of choices. If it was multiple choice, I'd vote all of the figures in this list.
It is not a mistake, the poll was scheduled to finish tomorrow but we extended it for one more week.

Hanno

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin !   The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 19, 2022 6:15 am

All are great. My favourite won't win, but never mind, it's nice being able to cast a vote anyway. I tend to like the prehistoric models, and some of the more impressive modern-day "beasts". My guess is that the robin will win, because it is rather cute and appealing (although its legs are much thicker than in a real robin, of course).
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin !   The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2022 10:10 am

With the extension... the bull from my topic still has a chance! This is the first time in my memory that a farmlife model has done anywhere near this well in a poll. Even if he doesn't win, the model itself is an achievement for sure. Very Happy

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin !   The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2022 10:38 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
With the extension... the bull from my topic still has a chance! This is the first time in my memory that a farmlife model has done anywhere near this well in a poll. Even if he doesn't win, the model itself is an achievement for sure. Very Happy

Votes will be quite slow from now, chances are low but the performance of this bull is already remarkable.
We already knew very good models of longhorn cattle in the past. Schleich, Mojö Fun and a few others. Despite of it, CollectA was able of releasing a next level longhorn. The figure is absolutely spectacular. It ruined completely the very nice new donkey from the same company on the Farm poll. Though, those birds are very attractive and very good models too.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin !   The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2022 10:28 am

The Texas Longhorn Bull performance is indeed remarkable but it is nothing compared to a small bird performance. Shocked Laughing
I love this contest because every year we know what is STS Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin !   The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2022 10:32 pm

Robin, robin, robin! bounce I love you
What an exciting poll this year! Basketball

Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin !   The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2022 2:24 am

Since CollectA is failing to win lately however good their models are, a good idea for next season would be a European Bison with Robins on his back. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin !   The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2022 12:09 pm

spacelab wrote:
Since CollectA is failing to win lately however good their models are, a good idea for next season would be a European Bison with Robins on his back. Rolling Eyes

Laughing I don't think it works, at least American robins are not as cute as the European ones.
CollectA won almost all categories, not bad at all.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin !   The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 5:18 am

Roger wrote:
spacelab wrote:

Laughing I don't think it works, at least American robins are not as cute as the European ones.
CollectA won almost all categories, not bad at all.

I think a sparrow figurine with a bison just below would make even more sense. Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin !   The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 12:13 pm

A bison as a base?Laughing It is not so uncommon to see birds on American bison backs. We are more used with the Cape buffalos and oxpeckers but here is an American bison with lots of birds. affraid
They look like blackbirds but they're surely brown-headed cowbirds. Though, I'd surely enjoy the idea of blackbirds using a bison as a tuk tuk.

The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 Bisonwithbirds-0725

stargatedalek

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin !   The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 12:23 pm

Those are introduced European starlings.

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin !   The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 12:30 pm

stargatedalek wrote:

yes they are!

By the way, I think this pic sums up this poll Twisted Evil

The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 20220225-162830
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin !   The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 12:33 pm

stargatedalek wrote:

Oh, thanks, I haven't considered them because I had no idea they're so common there but it makes sense.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin !   The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 3:14 pm

As a random aside... I raised 2 baby starlings before they got eaten/killed in my neighborhood. Very smart birds but most people here hate them.

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin !   The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 4:38 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
stargatedalek wrote:

yes they are!

By the way, I think this pic sums up this poll Twisted Evil

The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 20220225-162830

affraid Laughing Applause absolutely love this pic!
Back to top Go down
stargatedalek

stargatedalek

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin !   The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 5:02 pm

Doesn't hurt that the robin was my #2 choice, but it's a bit of a shock to see so many non-mammals performing so well. I love to see it.

I can't help but smile at every picture I see of this incredible waterbug, I can't wait for mine to arrive.

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin !   The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 11:27 pm

Glad to see the Beagle has 5 votes! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin !   The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 10:04 am

Hurray for the robin!! Laughing Applause bounce

I couldn’t decide this year if l liked the Papo heron or robin more and I’m so glad to see this little bird win!

The robin is quite happy too  Laughing
The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 53891a10

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin !   The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 10:18 am

What a fantastic photo !!!! At first glance I thought it was a real robin cheers Laughing

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin !   The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin ! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The STS 2021 Animal toy of the year - Papo European robin !
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next