Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2022 Papo Common Dolphin Walkaround With Comparisons

Go down 
+6
SUSANNE
Roger
Bonnie
widukind
George
Joliezac
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

2022 Papo Common Dolphin Walkaround With Comparisons Empty
PostSubject: 2022 Papo Common Dolphin Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Common Dolphin Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyThu Feb 17, 2022 3:44 am

Today I received a very exciting package: The first 2022 Papo figures in my collection! I bought the common dolphin, shrimp, hermit crab, and "red" wolf pup. Here is a walkaround of the common dolphin, my favorite of the 4!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Dolphins are some of my favorite animals and therefore I love collecting them. Even though this dolphin is a repaint of their retired bottlenose dolphin, I think its a wonderful figure with a great paint job.

All the colors fade together really well. The eyes look a bit blurred/faded, that's how it is in hand, the camera was in focus in these pictures.

Some seam lines are a bit distracting but I think that this dolphin turned out just as great as I was expecting it to.

It looks great compared to the real thing!

And now some comparisons:

With Papo's retired & current bottlenose dolphin models. It is a repaint of the retired model.

With Safari's recent Atlantic white-sided dolphin: I like this model much more than Safari's which usually doesn't happen for me. I think the colors blend together much better and Safari's model looks a little too thick in my opinion.

With Safari's Atlantic spotted dolphin

Then with Safari's Pacific white-sided dolphin (one of my favorite figures of all time)

With Safari's little vaquita porpoise:

Finally with the Schleich bottlenose:

A great way to start off Papo's 2022 figures I think! I can't wait to get their birds this year!

I will also do walkarounds for the shrimp, wolf pup, and hermit crab  cheers

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Common Dolphin Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Common Dolphin Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyThu Feb 17, 2022 10:35 am

I think the seams always look more noticeable on cetaceans cos of the smooth skin, with fur or feathers or scales they can kind of blend in and be concealed along natural edges or creases, but there's no hiding them on a plump animal with a flat soft skin.

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Common Dolphin Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Common Dolphin Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyThu Feb 17, 2022 11:03 am

Nice dolphin(s)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Common Dolphin Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Common Dolphin Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyThu Feb 17, 2022 12:49 pm

I love dolphins and I think this model is wonderful, so sleek and realistic! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Common Dolphin Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Common Dolphin Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyThu Feb 17, 2022 2:41 pm

This figure is beautiful, I am not a huge fan of the use of the same mould for species with little morphological differences but I am also not knowledgeable enough to tell if this mold matches better the common bottlenose or the common dolphin. Though, we are living a difficult era for our beloved brands and reusing molds is a strategy to survive. So, I forgive them. Laughing
It makes me really happy that you provide walk arounds of these new models so early, these topics are really very important for us collectors. Those comparisons are also very useful.
Which year is marked in that figure?

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Common Dolphin Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Common Dolphin Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyFri Feb 18, 2022 4:28 am

Thank you so much! I'm glad to help those interested in this figure with photos and comparisons.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The common dolphin is marked with the year 2008, same as the original bottlenose dolphin

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Common Dolphin Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Common Dolphin Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyFri Feb 18, 2022 8:11 am

It is a beutyful model of a beautyful beast Very Happy

Thankyou for both walkaround and comparison flower

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Common Dolphin Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Common Dolphin Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyFri Feb 18, 2022 10:37 am

Joliezac wrote:
Thank you so much! I'm glad to help those interested in this figure with photos and comparisons.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The common dolphin is marked with the year 2008, same as the original bottlenose dolphin

Thanks for confirming, I know it may be predictable but I always enjoy to force you using your magnifying glass. Laughing
I added this model on TAW with a link to this topic. It might be controversial but I will merge the pages of the short-beaked and long-beaked common dolphins once they're considered the same species now. If someone reading it has any objection, please let me know.

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Common Dolphin Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Common Dolphin Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyFri Feb 18, 2022 10:21 pm

Useful comparison with great photos. How long is the Papo common dolphin (tip of nose to tail notch in a straight line)? Thank you.

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Common Dolphin Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Common Dolphin Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySat Feb 19, 2022 3:52 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
Useful comparison with great photos. How long is the Papo common dolphin (tip of nose to tail notch in a straight line)? Thank you.

Thanks! From the tip of the nose to the notch in the tail its exactly 11 centimeters. Hope this helps!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Common Dolphin Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Common Dolphin Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySat Feb 19, 2022 10:40 am

That's great, thanks a lot!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Common Dolphin Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Common Dolphin Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySat Feb 19, 2022 2:44 pm

Joliezac wrote:
rogerpgvg wrote:

Thanks! From the tip of the nose to the notch in the tail its exactly 11 centimeters. Hope this helps!

So it could range between 1/18 and 1/22 Very Happy

As Rogério, I'm not a big fan of repainted mould but since I don't have the former Papo onen I guess the Common dolphin could swim on my shelves. 

Thank you Jolie for this walkaround Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Loon

Loon

Country/State : California, United States

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Common Dolphin Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Common Dolphin Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySun Feb 20, 2022 7:54 am

Appreciate the photos [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]; they've changed this from a figure I was hesitant about to one I have to get. I understand the issues some have with this being a repaint. Yet, since I don't have that original mold, I can stomach this a bit more.
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Common Dolphin Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Common Dolphin Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySun Feb 20, 2022 5:14 pm

I also have this one. But I didn't realize that it lacks the grey saddle near the fluke:

I want to repaint it. Does anyone knows which dye I can choose for it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Common Dolphin Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Common Dolphin Walkaround With Comparisons Empty

Back to top Go down

2022 Papo Common Dolphin Walkaround With Comparisons
Page 1 of 1