Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2022 Papo Shrimp Walkaround With Comparisons

Go down 
+4
widukind
George
pipsxlch
Joliezac
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

2022 Papo Shrimp Walkaround With Comparisons Empty
PostSubject: 2022 Papo Shrimp Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Shrimp Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyThu Feb 17, 2022 4:10 am

The last of the 4 Papo 2022 figures I bought: The shrimp!

I have no idea what species of shrimp this would be so if anyone knows I'd love to find out Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Like I mentioned with the hermit crab, I had wanted to stray away from Papo's sea life figures such as these because I thought they were a bit too big. However the details on these are just stunning and I'm glad I started to get these. The shrimp is just as detailed if not more so than their 2021 lobster figure.

Papo did an excellent job with this shrimp and I can't wait to add it to a future ocean display!

I don't have much similar to compare it with so here it is with Papo's sea star, lobster, and hermit crab

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Shrimp Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Shrimp Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyThu Feb 17, 2022 5:16 am

Ah- now I must find this one too! Augh!
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Shrimp Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Shrimp Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyThu Feb 17, 2022 10:45 am

I never thought a shrimp could be adorable, but this is! The colouring's so nicely done, too - the mixture of carefully applied banding on the back, soft but specifically placed airbrushing, and the detailing at every joint in the legs.
Both the shrimp and the lobster remind me of the level of accuracy and detail we usually see on Japanese miniatures, Papo really have outdone themselves.

Beautiful photography, too, I know we usually praise your outdoor shoots but these crisp, clear indoor shots are really elegant and a great way for everyone to see the quality of production-run models in hand.

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Shrimp Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Shrimp Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyThu Feb 17, 2022 11:01 am

Nice stuff

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Shrimp Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Shrimp Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyThu Feb 17, 2022 12:44 pm

I am calling the shrimp the tiger shrimp, Penaeus monodon, based on rostrum shape and color
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Shrimp Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Shrimp Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyThu Feb 17, 2022 12:46 pm

I love this shrimp, really beautiful and it certainly does look as though it was made by a Japanese company, very realistic! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Shrimp Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Shrimp Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyThu Feb 17, 2022 3:38 pm

One more great crustacean from Papo. I also think all chances go to the giant tiger prawn, obviously apendages are thicker and colors simplified but I think it is a very good guess.

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Shrimp Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Shrimp Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyThu Feb 17, 2022 6:37 pm

Thank you for the identification! It really is a beautiful shrimp

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Shrimp Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Shrimp Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyThu Feb 17, 2022 9:54 pm

I can't wait to get these wonderful models cheers

Thankyou for a beautyful walkaround Applause

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Shrimp Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Shrimp Walkaround With Comparisons Empty

Back to top Go down

2022 Papo Shrimp Walkaround With Comparisons
Page 1 of 1