Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2022 Papo Hermit Crab Walkaround With Comparisons

Go down 
+3
widukind
George
Joliezac
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

2022 Papo Hermit Crab Walkaround With Comparisons Empty
PostSubject: 2022 Papo Hermit Crab Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Hermit Crab Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyFebruary 17th 2022, 04:03

Here is the 3rd 2022 Papo figure I bought: The hermit crab!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I stayed away from some of Papo's sea life figures because they were a bit too big for my taste but I decided to get the sea star and lobster in 2021 and was blown away by the level of detail on them.

I just had to get more, so this year for 2022 I decided to purchase their hermit crab and shrimp. I'm so glad I did!

They will look a bit funny on my shelves so large, but then again my birds are so out of scale also that it really doesn't matter, the detail on these really are incredible!

Some comparisons: I don't have any crabs really so I just have the lobster & shrimp to compare with. I could always take some photos next to some fish if anyone would like.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Does anyone know what species this hermit crab is? I'd love to know for my personal website if its identifiable. Thanks!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Hermit Crab Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Hermit Crab Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyFebruary 17th 2022, 10:41

A nice little rendition of a fascinating animal, they're quite well-known and popular for having such unusual habits but don't seem to have been all that common in toy form.
I keep thinking of aquarium gift shops when I see these Papo sea creatures : how well they'd sell there with kids who'd just encountered those animals and wanted to take them home, and how pleased the staff would be when picking through the catalogue to place orders - finally, some more varied sea life!

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Hermit Crab Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Hermit Crab Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyFebruary 17th 2022, 11:02

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Hermit Crab Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Hermit Crab Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyFebruary 17th 2022, 12:43

I am calling the hermit crab Dardanus arrosor since it's a similar-looking species from the Mediterranean (assuming Papo likes local fauna)

By the way, are you ordering from spieleundkonsolen on eBay? I am and it's taking forever. I am still waiting for the lobster I ordered on 1/25
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Hermit Crab Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Hermit Crab Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyFebruary 17th 2022, 12:47

Lovely model, and an interesting choice from Papo- even the shell looks realistic! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Hermit Crab Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Hermit Crab Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyFebruary 17th 2022, 15:08

As I can't identify these animals, I work with chances and probably Pagurus bernhardus is the most expectable for Europe. Is the shell of a common whelk?
As George suggested, Papo much probably got a good cooperation with an Aquarium because it is impressive how they are investing very strong into this subject.

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Hermit Crab Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Hermit Crab Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyFebruary 17th 2022, 16:01

Roger wrote:
As I can't identify these animals, I work with chances and probably Pagurus bernhardus is the most expectable for Europe. Is the shell of a common whelk?
As George suggested, Papo much probably got a good cooperation with an Aquarium because it is impressive how they are investing very strong into this subject.

Pagurus bernhardus seems much more plausible! I was unfamiliar with that species. Thanks, Roger.
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Hermit Crab Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Hermit Crab Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyFebruary 17th 2022, 18:45

Thank you for the identification!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yes I ordered from spieleundkonsolen on eBay. I wonder why yours is taking so long! My last order with the Papo lobster and smilodon came in exactly one week and this order also arrived in a week. scratch

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Hermit Crab Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Hermit Crab Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyFebruary 17th 2022, 19:19

Joliezac wrote:

Yes I ordered from spieleundkonsolen on eBay. I wonder why yours is taking so long! My last order with the Papo lobster and smilodon came in exactly one week and this order also arrived in a week.  scratch

I wonder if it's faster for you since you have a customs hub in NJ (?). I have had one order from them take a week, but the last one took a month, and they are not helpful when you reach out to them.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Hermit Crab Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Hermit Crab Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyFebruary 17th 2022, 21:01

Hurraaay, for Papo cheers

This new series of Crustacean ( or what they are called ?) is magnificent,
and they are also making a line of European birds,
AND some lovely butterflies and other insects Applause Applause Very Happy

I LOVE Papo I love you

Jolie, thankyou ever so much for presenting these great models so nicely Very Happy

Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Hermit Crab Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Hermit Crab Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyFebruary 17th 2022, 23:32

bmathison1972 wrote:
Joliezac wrote:

Yes I ordered from spieleundkonsolen on eBay. I wonder why yours is taking so long! My last order with the Papo lobster and smilodon came in exactly one week and this order also arrived in a week.  scratch

I wonder if it's faster for you since you have a customs hub in NJ (?). I have had one order from them take a week, but the last one took a month, and they are not helpful when you reach out to them.

I was going to say it could be since I'm pretty close to New York. Everything I get goes through customs there and then gets to me within a day or two. I hope your package comes soon!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Papo Hermit Crab Walkaround With Comparisons   2022 Papo Hermit Crab Walkaround With Comparisons Empty

Back to top Go down

2022 Papo Hermit Crab Walkaround With Comparisons
Page 1 of 1