Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

W.A.I. Wildlife Artists International

Go down 
+3
SUSANNE
Roger
junglejim
7 posters
AuthorMessage
junglejim

Country/State : USA/Illinois

W.A.I. Wildlife Artists International Empty
PostSubject: W.A.I. Wildlife Artists International   W.A.I. Wildlife Artists International EmptyThu Feb 24, 2022 10:35 pm

Not sure if this is the proper category for this presentation but as I do not see a separate listing for this manufacturer this is as close as I could fine. These hand painted solid vinyl figures were produced by W.A.I. (Wildlife Artists International). According to the dates marked on the figures they were producing animal replicas long before Safari Ltd and possibly other modern companies. A popular series they offered was Small of the Wild. I have seen many different figures produced by them but all seem rather scarce on the secondary market and these are among my favorites. They also made an incredible snow leopard cub but I sent that to another collector friend. Here in chronological order are the 1985 tiger cub named 'Paws' in the original container (the only time I've seen one with the package - and the package is dated 1987), 1986 Asian elephant calf with the trunk up, 1988 gorilla infant, and another Asian elephant calf dated 1989 and marked W.A.I. but not marked 'small of the wild'. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: W.A.I. Wildlife Artists International   W.A.I. Wildlife Artists International EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 12:17 am

It is a good idea to open a topic about Wildlife Artists and introducing some informations about it. These figures are generally as much appreciated as they are unknown. Thanks for all the information, it will be useful.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: W.A.I. Wildlife Artists International   W.A.I. Wildlife Artists International EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 8:00 am

These models are ever so charming, and of a very high quality !

As Roger writes, the info is much appreciated , and I love to see the box of "Paws" Very Happy

Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: W.A.I. Wildlife Artists International   W.A.I. Wildlife Artists International EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 9:50 am

wish someone could add photos of the hyena, red panda and tapir! cheers
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: W.A.I. Wildlife Artists International   W.A.I. Wildlife Artists International EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 6:21 pm

Very Happy Very nice!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: W.A.I. Wildlife Artists International   W.A.I. Wildlife Artists International EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 9:57 am

Great to see new figures of that vintage brand. Really good figures

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: W.A.I. Wildlife Artists International   W.A.I. Wildlife Artists International EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 4:17 pm

Lovely models and nice to see more in the series.I have 2 of these models-normal and black Leopard/Jaguar cubs.

PostSubject: Re: W.A.I. Wildlife Artists International   W.A.I. Wildlife Artists International Empty

Back to top Go down

W.A.I. Wildlife Artists International
Page 1 of 1