Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do small PVC animals meant as party favors really count?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

Do small PVC animals meant as party favors really count? Empty
PostSubject: Do small PVC animals meant as party favors really count?   Do small PVC animals meant as party favors really count? EmptyMon Mar 07, 2022 12:19 pm

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, in the lengthy history of my collection, I've found several brands of figures which are meant to be party supplies of sorts. One of these is U.S. Toy. So, my question is: Do these even count as animal replicas? Yeah, I know, it's a weird question, but hey, if I can get these, and they're high enough quality, then why shouldn't I? After all, I'm already collecting wild republic, so ... you see my dilemma don't you? Anyway, if anyone approves of this idea, then let me know. U.S. Toy has many sets of figures, so i've got plenty to choose from. Anyway, let me know what you think.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Do small PVC animals meant as party favors really count?   Do small PVC animals meant as party favors really count? EmptyMon Mar 07, 2022 1:25 pm

I tried googling the brand but their party supplies page doesn't have any figures listed, so I can't tell what they're like. But I think as long as they're fully 3D sculpts, and aren't characters from animated films/series or other cartoony stylised interpretations of animals, they count?

aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

PostSubject: Hurray for me!   Do small PVC animals meant as party favors really count? EmptyMon Mar 07, 2022 2:00 pm

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, this is good news, now I can get more figures for my collection, and who knows what next. Anyway, U.S. Toy's website is: ustoy.com, so look it up in your address bars if you don't believe me. Once you're in the page itself, you should be able to find a search box, and from there, you can search for figures. I don't know how high quality these are, having seen none of them myself, but maybe I'll get a few, and tell you about them. The nice thing about these figures is that you get a whole little pack of angelfish for example, and you get like maybe 12 figures, maybe more. At this point I really don't know, but this is a path worth checking out. Anyway, I'll let you know the results.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Do small PVC animals meant as party favors really count?   Do small PVC animals meant as party favors really count? EmptyMon Mar 07, 2022 2:22 pm

U.S.Toy sells sets of small bulk figures like those from Wild Republic or so. Thus, surely they count.
Here is the official picture of the horses set with 12 figures as many tubes from other brands.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Do small PVC animals meant as party favors really count?   Do small PVC animals meant as party favors really count? EmptyMon Mar 07, 2022 5:30 pm

WOW ! That is in many ways a great site cheers

Look, they even have had some of our good, old Nayab friends at a very, very reasonable price  Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Do small PVC animals meant as party favors really count?   Do small PVC animals meant as party favors really count? EmptyMon Mar 07, 2022 6:40 pm

I'm clearly not working this site right, cos I looked on the animal figures page and the party supplies page and didn't see any of these Laughing

pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Do small PVC animals meant as party favors really count?   Do small PVC animals meant as party favors really count? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2022 5:18 am

US Toys used to have a shop near me, their target audience seemed to be teachers and the like. I got some Play Visions figures there. I think they didn't make anything of their own, but bought from manufacturers like PV and Nayab.

On the original topic, I see no reason why plastic animal figures made as cake toppers can't be counted in collections. Many if not most probably do end up being toy figures to their owners after the cake is demolished.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do small PVC animals meant as party favors really count?   Do small PVC animals meant as party favors really count? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do small PVC animals meant as party favors really count?
Page 1 of 1