Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!*

Go down 
+35
Caracal
rogerpgvg
Leoo Past
pipsxlch
Taos
widukind
Kikimalou
Saarlooswolfhound
75senta75
Jill
Stripedhyena
Saien
costicuba
Ana
Wilorvise
Roy-Swetsie
Mitsukuni
Concavenator
thebritfarmer
Gecko08
lolavichor
Duck-Anch-Amun
Megaptera
sunny
endogenylove
Loon
lucky luke
George
Joliezac
Roger
Bonnie
landrover
Pardofelis
SUSANNE
bmathison1972
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!* - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!* - Page 19 EmptyWed May 10, 2023 12:36 am

I couldn't wait to share any longer! The elephant parade has arrived. drunken These guys deserved an outside photoshoot.

My very first Eofauna. I barely have words... I have been saving for these for weeks. They are stunning and gorgeous in every detail. I tried so hard to resist, but have never been happier that I gave in. Ever since I read Steve Brusatte's "The Rise and Fall of the Mammals" (after his other book, "The Rise and Fall of the Dinosaurs") I couldn't get these guys out of my head. I have always hoped to see more prehistoric mammals from companies. And slowly, it has happened and I hope it continues. Now I dream of the TNG mammals to add to my curation.

Deinotherium
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Konobelodon

Paleoloxodon

Steppe Mammoth

And now, all together.

I adore each one! And this will not be the last you see of them. Wink I plan on unpacking some other friends for more photoshoots with them all.

After a hard day, these proboscidians and this sunset comforted me after all.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!* - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!* - Page 19 EmptyWed May 10, 2023 1:58 am

Congratulations my friend

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!* - Page 19 EmptyWed May 10, 2023 1:48 pm

Stunning models. It's great to see a comparison of them.

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!* - Page 19 EmptyWed May 10, 2023 3:18 pm

Glorious additions cheers cheers cheers cheers I have also read both books by Steve and they are wonderful books!

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!* - Page 19 EmptyThu May 11, 2023 11:20 am

40 tons of the best quality Applause And very nice pics too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!* - Page 19 EmptyThu May 11, 2023 11:38 am

Beautiful photos, especially with the moss and posing on that rock! They look quite alive and in their natural place. Beautiful models, congrats!
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!* - Page 19 EmptyThu May 11, 2023 3:20 pm

Very useful comparison pictures! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!* - Page 19 EmptyThu May 11, 2023 7:48 pm

Those are stunning! Great use of landscape too. As a flatlander, I love your sunset photos.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!* - Page 19 EmptyThu May 11, 2023 8:40 pm

Thank you everyone! And I am glad you like my sunset shots Kelly. Very Happy

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!* - Page 19 EmptyWed May 17, 2023 2:29 pm

That's formidable! I've gotten a few great figures from relatively new brands these last years and my first Eofauna was one of those WOW moments. Those figures are incredibly good and you got the quartet! cheers I wonder your joy, they're much better than what we can immagine, holding them for the first time is one of those exciting moments of our hobby. I'm eternally telling I need a third model and I'll get it someday.
Thanks for your beautiful pictures, they're a fair tribute to these remarkable figures.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!* - Page 19 EmptyFri Jun 02, 2023 8:35 pm

Thank you Roger!

More news. My trip proved to be rather fruitful in terms of new models. Visited the farm and ranch stores along the way and netted the CollectA Draft horse with a cat, Knabstrupper, Nile croc, and Dimetrodon (originally not on the list but I am a sucker for a proto-mammal anyway...), and then two Little Buster Toys "livestock show" heifers. These are rather flat in detail, but unlike the bulls, they do have texture on their legs immitating the floofed appearance of these animals at show. 

Then at a toy store I snagged some Papo! African elephant, African fish eagle, pheasant, regal blue tang, and clownfish. In the case of the elephant and fish, I was convinced to get them when in hand... lots of nice details! 

And lastly here, I got a couple of Mojos: English bulldog, red panda, and reissued SR tazzy devil. I will try to do a comparison of them this weekend. Also, a rather self indulgent ebay purchase and yet another case of a figure I forgot/didn't realize would be GIANT... the BBC WWD series Ophthalmasaurus.

Then, from the shrimp over to the left, was a great purchase from Balaenoptera! (THANK YOU!) Lots of new species there, and they were kind enough to include some extras like the Safari toob husky! 

From the center right is a mixture of unknown brand thrift store finds, another ebay purchase (the sought after Papo farm dog, and two PVs). Front and center are the new Yowies Babies! I bought 2 boxes of these things (one box of 12 indifferent locations) and got 3 characters (all Boof, the orange guy), a handful of doubles (mostly the manatee calf), but almost got the entire series. I am only now missing the bear, cassowary, frogfish, monkey, and the chase piece giraffe. Not bad I think...

And here are a few closer up... these ones are a bit harder to photograph than in the past...

The echidna puggle does sit upright, but the hedgehog does not.

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!* - Page 19 EmptyFri Jun 02, 2023 8:47 pm

How's the Mojo bulldog? I contemplated it, but Mojo's paint jobs usually come out weakly applied
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!* - Page 19 EmptyFri Jun 02, 2023 9:23 pm

I really like it! I can't quite put my finger on it yet, but I do like it better than Safari's. And that's not diggin' at theirs at all, its great! Just something about the sculpt here that appeals to me. I will do a mini walkaround for you this weekend so you can see it better.

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!* - Page 19 EmptySat Jun 03, 2023 3:11 am

Congratulations, many special newcomers. cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Balaenoptera

Balaenoptera

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!* - Page 19 EmptySat Jun 03, 2023 6:49 am

cheers glad to see they finally arrived
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!* - Page 19 EmptySat Jun 03, 2023 10:14 am

Wonderful additions!congrats!!

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!* - Page 19 EmptySat Jun 03, 2023 4:57 pm

I'm really looking forward to see closer pictures of your new Mojö Fun. Very Happy
Great deal about the Yowies too.

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!* - Page 19 EmptySat Jun 03, 2023 9:09 pm

Congratulations on all the finds, I love you the shrimp. I haven't seen the new Yowies in stores yet, maybe I'll just buy the ones I want on Ebay. The echidna is cuter than I thought it would be.

That opthalmasaurus though, huge congrats!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!* - Page 19 EmptySun Jun 04, 2023 12:51 am

Thank you everyone!

Kelly, I wasn't seeing them locally until today. While traveling in Wyoming and Utah (and Idaho) I found some. Since I live in a small town now I was scared I wouldn't see any so I snagged the 2 boxes (one in WY, one in UT) and am pleased with the results. Wish I had gotten a bear and cassowary as those were 2 I am most excited for but hey...

Also, thanks on the Ophthalmasaurus! I paid a pretty good penny for it. I was able to talk the seller down a bit, and this one came all the way from the UK which I find appropriate! It is just HUGE. I won't be able to unbury his relatives for a while but I will post a family pic sometime.

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!* - Page 19 EmptySun Jun 04, 2023 8:47 pm

So many beautiful new additions!! I'm glad to see that you found some of the new yowies! I've been checking around but haven't seen any yet..

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!* - Page 19 EmptyMon Jun 05, 2023 2:49 pm

Wonderful additions!congrats Applause cheers sunny
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!* - Page 19 EmptyTue Jun 06, 2023 6:40 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I couldn't wait to share any longer! The elephant parade has arrived. drunken These guys deserved an outside photoshoot.

My very first Eofauna. I barely have words... I have been saving for these for weeks. They are stunning and gorgeous in every detail. I tried so hard to resist, but have never been happier that I gave in. Ever since I read Steve Brusatte's "The Rise and Fall of the Mammals" (after his other book, "The Rise and Fall of the Dinosaurs") I couldn't get these guys out of my head. I have always hoped to see more prehistoric mammals from companies. And slowly, it has happened and I hope it continues. Now I dream of the TNG mammals to add to my curation.

Deinotherium

Konobelodon

Paleoloxodon

Steppe Mammoth

And now, all together.

I adore each one! And this will not be the last you see of them. Wink I plan on unpacking some other friends for more photoshoots with them all.

After a hard day, these proboscidians and this sunset comforted me after all.

Wonderful models cheers

How large are they?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!* - Page 19 EmptyTue Jun 06, 2023 11:29 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!* - Page 19 EmptyTue Jun 06, 2023 12:20 pm

I don't have measurements handy... they are larger than any of my african or asian elephants. The Safari ltd mammoth is about how big these 4 are... I hope to share comparison pics sometime soon. Sorry I am not more helpful Michael.

Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!* - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 07, 2023 11:49 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I don't have measurements handy... they are larger than any of my african or asian elephants. The Safari ltd mammoth is about how big these 4 are... I hope to share comparison pics sometime soon. Sorry I am not more helpful Michael.

Thanks a lot. It was more than helpful Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!* - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 4/14 even more new additions!*
Page 19 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22 ... 26  Next