Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lead Zoo Collection

Go down 
+8
SUSANNE
Jill
George
Kikimalou
rogerpgvg
Roger
Taos
thebritfarmer
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

Lead Zoo Collection - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lead Zoo Collection   Lead Zoo Collection - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2022 11:05 pm

Yes I agree Chris, they would have both been great figures.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Lead Zoo Collection   Lead Zoo Collection - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 23, 2022 1:24 am

A really incredible collection, thank you for sharing! Those thin legs on the gazelle are amazing, haha. The pelican is so cool, and I love the mane on the lion! All of them are so appealing, I could never pick a favorite from such a line up. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

PostSubject: Re: Lead Zoo Collection   Lead Zoo Collection - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 23, 2022 6:54 pm

Jill wrote:
A really incredible collection, thank you for sharing! Those thin legs on the gazelle are amazing, haha. The pelican is so cool, and I love the mane on the lion! All of them are so appealing, I could never pick a favorite from such a line up. Very Happy

It is very hard to choose! Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Lead Zoo Collection   Lead Zoo Collection - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 23, 2022 8:53 pm

affraid This is the ultimate heart-warming eye-candy cheers bounce cheers Applause cheers

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Lead Zoo Collection   Lead Zoo Collection - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 23, 2022 9:03 pm

Beautiful photos of a great collection. Thanks for the giraffe comparison, it's a wonderful herd.

thebritfarmer

PostSubject: Re: Lead Zoo Collection   Lead Zoo Collection - Page 3 EmptyFri May 06, 2022 3:05 am

I forgot the Hippos!! So to end the collection thus far here are the Young Hippo and the Baby HippoLead Zoo Collection - Page 3 28003211
Lead Zoo Collection - Page 3 28002810
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Lead Zoo Collection   Lead Zoo Collection - Page 3 EmptyFri May 06, 2022 8:18 am

Good that you remembered them !! They are gorgeous cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Lead Zoo Collection   Lead Zoo Collection - Page 3 EmptySat May 07, 2022 2:28 pm

You forgot those emblematic hippos. Shocked Laughing That is what happens when our collections are huge. I don't know if Schleich found inspiration on Britains models to their female and sitting calf hippos. If they did, it was a good decision because the modern counterparts are equally beautiful.

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Lead Zoo Collection   Lead Zoo Collection - Page 3 EmptySat May 07, 2022 6:10 pm

Thank you for showing your beautiful lead zoo collection. I've added all models that were still missing to TAW. The lead Britains are an important part of the history of animal toys and we didn't have many on TAW. It's great we have some more listed now.

Is your hippo the young hippo (rather than adult?) Your pelican with open beak is different from the one already on TAW. I assume you have the real Britains; I don't know what the pelican that was already on TAW is.

thebritfarmer

PostSubject: Re: Lead Zoo Collection   Lead Zoo Collection - Page 3 EmptySat May 07, 2022 6:13 pm

Roger wrote:
You forgot those emblematic hippos. Shocked Laughing That is what happens when our collections are huge. I don't know if Schleich found inspiration on Britains models to their female and sitting calf hippos. If they did, it was a good decision because the modern counterparts are equally beautiful.

Now I have it documented on here I can keep better track of it :) I will have to look at the Schleich versions as I have not seen those.

Last edited by thebritfarmer on Sat May 07, 2022 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

PostSubject: Re: Lead Zoo Collection   Lead Zoo Collection - Page 3 EmptySat May 07, 2022 6:14 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
Thank you for showing your beautiful lead zoo collection. I've added all models that were still missing to TAW. The lead Britains are an important part of the history of animal toys and we didn't have many on TAW. It's great we have some more listed now.

Is your hippo the young hippo (rather than adult?) Your pelican with open beak is different from the one already on TAW. I assume you have the real Britains; I don't know what the pelican that was already on TAW is.

You are welcome and thanks for adding them to the site. Yes that is the young hippo, on TAW the young hippo appears to be a copy but it looks to be plastic? Britains never made a plastic young hippo so would be interesting to se who made that. The pelican is Britains, I think the one on TAW is Johillco.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Lead Zoo Collection   Lead Zoo Collection - Page 3 EmptySat May 07, 2022 8:07 pm

thebritfarmer wrote:
Roger wrote:

No I have it documented on here I can keep better track of it :) I will have to look at the Schleich versions as I have not seen those.

The Schleich models I mean are this female and this calf. They're obviously different, I was just suggesting they could be inspired on Britains models.

thebritfarmer wrote:
rogerpgvg wrote:

You are welcome and thanks for adding them to the site. Yes that is the young hippo, on TAW the young hippo appears to be a copy but it looks to be plastic? Britains never made a plastic young hippo so would be interesting to se who made that. The pelican is Britains, I think the one on TAW is Johillco.

This pelican is @Tiermann's model and he entered it originally as a Britains, later Kikimalou used the picture to open a page for Johillco pelican. I thik it is safe to remove it from Britains.

thebritfarmer

PostSubject: Re: Lead Zoo Collection   Lead Zoo Collection - Page 3 EmptySat May 07, 2022 9:15 pm

Thanks for the Schleich links, yes it is possible that they were inspired by the Britains animals.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Lead Zoo Collection   Lead Zoo Collection - Page 3 EmptySat May 07, 2022 10:00 pm

thebritfarmer wrote:
Yes that is the young hippo, on TAW the young hippo appears to be a copy but it looks to be plastic? Britains never made a plastic young hippo so would be interesting to se who made that. The pelican is Britains, I think the one on TAW is Johillco.

Thanks, yes, as Rogério says the pelican is already listed at Johillco. I don't know whether the hippo is plastic, but it's certainly a very different colour from your Britains. I think it's Kikimalou's/Christophe's photo, hopefully he sees this and can give us more information.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Lead Zoo Collection   Lead Zoo Collection - Page 3 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 9:57 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
thebritfarmer wrote:
Yes that is the young hippo, on TAW the young hippo appears to be a copy but it looks to be plastic? Britains never made a plastic young hippo so would be interesting to se who made that. The pelican is Britains, I think the one on TAW is Johillco.

Thanks, yes, as Rogério says the pelican is already listed at Johillco. I don't know whether the hippo is plastic, but it's certainly a very different colour from your Britains. I think it's Kikimalou's/Christophe's photo, hopefully he sees this and can give us more information.

The young hippo on TAW is mine and it is a Hollowcast lead Britains Ltd Wink Maybe repainted ?

The JoHillco Pelican is a Johillco, the mould is the same as Britains Ltd with a different painting, it looks also very similar to the BF Pelican Laughing
Back to top Go down
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

PostSubject: Re: Lead Zoo Collection   Lead Zoo Collection - Page 3 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 10:17 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
rogerpgvg wrote:
thebritfarmer wrote:

The young hippo on TAW is mine and it is a Hollowcast lead Britains Ltd Wink Maybe repainted ?

The JoHillco Pelican is a Johillco, the mould is the same as Britains Ltd with a different painting, it looks also very similar to the BF Pelican Laughing

I would think it is a repaint, possibly to add to the plastic collection by a previous owner.
Back to top Go down
Morek

Morek

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Lead Zoo Collection   Lead Zoo Collection - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2022 6:07 pm

Lead Zoo Collection - Page 3 0b688d10
Lead Zoo Collection - Page 3 Db90da10
Lead Zoo Collection - Page 3 78cdee10
I have this guys.. I repainted them…
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Lead Zoo Collection   Lead Zoo Collection - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2022 6:48 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lead Zoo Collection   Lead Zoo Collection - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lead Zoo Collection
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3