Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Big Bully leopard

Go down 
+7
SUSANNE
sunny
Roger
Taos
widukind
Joliezac
Caracal
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

Big Bully leopard Empty
PostSubject: Big Bully leopard   Big Bully leopard EmptyThu 14 Apr 2022, 17:12

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

Big Bully leopard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Bully leopard   Big Bully leopard EmptyThu 14 Apr 2022, 17:23

Beautiful!! I LOVE the spots I love you affraid

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Big Bully leopard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Bully leopard   Big Bully leopard EmptyThu 14 Apr 2022, 19:28

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

Big Bully leopard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Bully leopard   Big Bully leopard EmptyThu 14 Apr 2022, 20:30

Absolutely beautiful transformation Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Big Bully leopard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Bully leopard   Big Bully leopard EmptyThu 14 Apr 2022, 21:29

It is amazing all the precision you put in those rosets. Looks fantastic!

Caracal

Big Bully leopard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Bully leopard   Big Bully leopard EmptyThu 14 Apr 2022, 21:40

Many thanks to you four Jolie, Andreas, Taos and Rogério! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

Big Bully leopard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Bully leopard   Big Bully leopard EmptyFri 15 Apr 2022, 00:17

very beautiful leopard Alain
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Big Bully leopard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Bully leopard   Big Bully leopard EmptyFri 15 Apr 2022, 07:18

Thank you Annette! :)  .. bur seeing it again this morning I realise it's now too spotted!.. I shall have to repaint it again!.. :) I don't use to repaint big models and I suppose it's why my spots are so small! :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Big Bully leopard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Bully leopard   Big Bully leopard EmptyFri 15 Apr 2022, 13:25

I can't believe how a rather clumsy, not very charming model can turn into such a beauty !!!! cheers

Fantastic job !!! Applause Applause Applause

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Big Bully leopard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Bully leopard   Big Bully leopard EmptyFri 15 Apr 2022, 15:05

This "too much spotted" leopard is enough beautiful for my eyes Alain, for me it can stay like that forever Applause
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

Big Bully leopard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Bully leopard   Big Bully leopard EmptyFri 15 Apr 2022, 15:36

You must find some therapy in painting spots rather than going crazy given how many you are able to paint! I don't know if he has "too many" but he certainly looks handsome! I especially like the changes to his face.
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

Big Bully leopard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Bully leopard   Big Bully leopard EmptyFri 15 Apr 2022, 16:39

Caracal wrote:
Thank you Annette! :)  .. bur seeing it again this morning I realise it's now too spotted!.. I shall have to repaint it again!.. :) I don't use to repaint big models and I suppose it's why my spots are so small! :)

I paint scales from 1:64 to 1:9, but mostly 1:32, so I understand that difficulty well, not just spots but dappled greys, it's really hard to adjust the size if you're used to painting more of one scale than another!
But I find a handy trick on scaling the pattern to an unfamiliar model size is to count, on a real horse reference photo, the number of dapples in a straight line down the side of the belly. If the imaginary straight line would go through ten dapples, I paint ten on the side of my 3D figure, and those first few tell me how big the rest need to be, all over it.
Although the pattern is very different, I wonder if a similar trick would work with cat spots question

sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

Big Bully leopard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Bully leopard   Big Bully leopard EmptyFri 15 Apr 2022, 18:01

Caracal wrote:

well, as in real life, there is always untold variety and surprises, so he could just as well have many smaller spots.
I think if You are happy with the model then all is good. I think he is just wonderful though Very Happy
I had a look online to see spot differences, and I came across one which has lots of spots very close together and looks a lot like your leopard Very Happy

that's a great idea by George! count the spots down the side!

so many talented people :)
Back to top Go down
Seeway

Seeway

Country/State : Taiwan

Big Bully leopard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Bully leopard   Big Bully leopard EmptySat 16 Apr 2022, 08:47

Amazing painting work. The result is wonderful.
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Big Bully leopard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Bully leopard   Big Bully leopard EmptySat 16 Apr 2022, 08:57

Many thanks for your warm Words Susanne, Jill, Christophe, Annette, George and Seeway! 😀
And tank you four your precious advices George! 😄
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Big Bully leopard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Bully leopard   Big Bully leopard Empty

Back to top Go down

Big Bully leopard
Page 1 of 1