Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wild Republic early Cat Tube, needing more information...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Wild Republic early Cat Tube, needing more information... Empty
PostSubject: Wild Republic early Cat Tube, needing more information...   Wild Republic early Cat Tube, needing more information... EmptyTue Apr 19, 2022 10:33 am

After the great job finding information about the early Horse and Dogtubes by Wild Republic, mostly due to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and other friends on forum, maybe we can try to find information about the early Cat Tube.
We already have an excellent topic about the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but the 63152 Cat Tube seems to be devoted to the obscurantism. It can't continue like that since there are many cat lovers on forum. Laughing
Maybe this official picture, known from a 2004 catalogue, can work as the tip of the iceberg. So, if it gives you any click, please share it with us. cat bounce

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Wild Republic early Cat Tube, needing more information...   Wild Republic early Cat Tube, needing more information... EmptyTue Apr 19, 2022 10:48 am

This cat tube confuses me! Based on the four I can see (Domestic Shorthair, Somali, Manx, and what I think is the Rex in the tube), they seem to match the Play Visions Minis set. Maybe they are just a duplicate of that set? I have no idea without finding them in package how we could tell which is which.  scratch
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Wild Republic early Cat Tube, needing more information...   Wild Republic early Cat Tube, needing more information... EmptyTue Apr 19, 2022 12:01 pm

Oh, now I remember your topic about the Club Earth/Play Visions mini cats. So it is another variation around the same subject.
Play Visions Mini Cats - and Club Earth Cats to go
So here is a phenomenon similar to those horses we know from several brands.
That's not weird at all, it is just not easy to tell to which brand each specific model belonged.
I will list the set on TAW and link it to the Play Visions page.

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Wild Republic early Cat Tube, needing more information...   Wild Republic early Cat Tube, needing more information... EmptyTue Apr 19, 2022 1:03 pm

In the 1990s, companies shared sculpts frequently. Not uncommon to see the same sculpts across multiple companies.

the 'manufacturer' is probably Wing Mau or Nayab, as they did the actual production of a lot of these small tubes/sets from that era
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Wild Republic early Cat Tube, needing more information...   Wild Republic early Cat Tube, needing more information... EmptyTue Apr 19, 2022 5:35 pm

I wish they had made them different colors at least, though this does save me one set from collecting, since technically I already have it. With the duplicates I've amassed, I probably do in fact have a second complete set. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Wild Republic early Cat Tube, needing more information...   Wild Republic early Cat Tube, needing more information... EmptyTue Apr 19, 2022 5:48 pm

Laughing With a single set you have two sets [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and we don't know how many more used the same molds/colors.
Blaine is right, of course, if in cats, dogs and horses the same moulds can easily receive different colors, it is not so easy with bugs and the generic bugs look all the same regardless of the brand.
The Play Visions branded bulk of Domestic Cats was manufactured by Wing Mau. I don't know if the cheaper looking minis and those tubes were manufactured by Nayab but I believe we will find someday and I am convinced these cats, the early dogs and horses share all the same manufacturer.

PostSubject: Re: Wild Republic early Cat Tube, needing more information...   Wild Republic early Cat Tube, needing more information... Empty

Back to top Go down

Wild Republic early Cat Tube, needing more information...
Page 1 of 1