Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wild Safari Cobra is not one but three!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Wild Safari Cobra is not one but three!!! Empty
PostSubject: Wild Safari Cobra is not one but three!!!   Wild Safari Cobra is not one but three!!! EmptyFri May 13, 2022 10:54 pm

Thanks to Paige's observation about the white cobra having a different mould from the "original" Safari cobra. I got curious to know if the cobra sculpt was updated at a certain point and apparently it happened.
It is common some Safari models getting a new sculpt with the same product number and sometimes, one of the versions, gets unnoticed and it seems to be the case here because it was not mentioned on Toy Animal Wiki.
I am assuming there are these two versions even if I can't find a catalogue where it is presented as a new model.Checking on EBAY, it seemed the 2nd version had a tag with the year 2006 but I can find the old one picture up to the 2008 catalogue and the newer one on 2010 catalogue. 2009 catalogue is not known so I suspect it is the year this figure was replaced.
Picture on TAW shows the early model and I would love to know if someone has the newer one to provide a picture of it and also to tell which year is marked on it. Meanwhile I opened a link on TAW to avoid this model from get forgotten again.

Early version
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Current version which was also sold in white color.

White cobra

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Wild Safari Cobra is not one but three!!!   Wild Safari Cobra is not one but three!!! EmptySat May 14, 2022 10:06 am

Interesting

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Wild Safari Cobra is not one but three!!!   Wild Safari Cobra is not one but three!!! EmptySat May 14, 2022 5:31 pm

WOW !!! Thet is great, - actually I think I have a fourth variation. I'll check :-D

Later , no, I can only fint the top one and the white one right now.
I never noticed before that they are mirrorwed Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I will have to get the current, not-white one next time I order Wink

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: e   Wild Safari Cobra is not one but three!!! EmptySat May 14, 2022 11:44 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
WOW !!! Thet is great, - actually I think I have a fourth variation. I'll check :-D

Later , no, I can only fint the top one and the white one right now.
I never noticed before that they are mirrorwed Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I will have to get the current, not-white one next time I order Wink

Thanks Susanne, you have two variations of the first one. Different painting, an important update. What I really want to point out with this topic is the fact the second model was ignored for many of us, I believe we thought it was the same as the first model. So, who buys a Wild Safari cobra in a shop will get the 2nd model.

PostSubject: Re: Wild Safari Cobra is not one but three!!!   Wild Safari Cobra is not one but three!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Wild Safari Cobra is not one but three!!!
Page 1 of 1