Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang)

Go down 
+6
thebritfarmer
Roger
George
rogerpgvg
SUSANNE
Saarlooswolfhound
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang) Empty
PostSubject: The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang)   The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang) EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 2:29 am

Preliminarily, this topic will be updated infrequently. This collection is another lifelong endeavor, though a more inactive aspect of my hobby these days. Mostly I have had to switch to stablemates for space concerns and cost. Anyway... on to the show!

First up is a newer favorite of mine, Picasso. This is a portrait of a real mustang from the Colorado Sandwash Basin. He was a very popular animal, and remarkable in many ways, least of which that he was so long lived for a mustang.
Here is a good article about him. 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And now the photos
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And some weird angles for fun

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:53 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang)   The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang) EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 8:31 am

A beautyful model, and your phoptos are wondeful cheers

Unfortunately I could not see the page of the link. It says "We are sorry the page you are looking for cannot be found." scratch

But I found photos of this amazing horse, - almost 30 years old, he still flashes his eye-catching colours and great personality in the wild affraid

Is it a rare model ? I would love to own one Very Happy

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang)   The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang) EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 10:20 am

A beauty, and great photos. I especially like the last photo with the tree above Picasso. How did you manage to get the camera underneath him, or did you use a flat mobile?

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang)   The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang) EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 2:16 pm

I love Picasso, he's got such great flashy and intricate markings it makes him a very handsome and striking model, a real stand-out on the shelf! I suppose that's the benefit of the ones which are copied from real life; as well as the added interest of the backstory with Picasso's long life and popularity, the pinto pattern taken directly from his photographs from all angles, has ended up far more spectacular than anyone would've come up with if they'd just decided 'We'll do a pinto mustang this year' and invented some made-up freehand patches at the design stage.
And he really suits the mould they chose for him, some portrait models it's a little bit 'hmm, odd choice' when we can see there's better matches than whatever ended up being used, but this is really one of those horses who wouldn't have looked so right on any other mould.

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang)   The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang) EmptySat Jun 04, 2022 12:15 am

Wonderful pictures of a extraordinary model.
Your link is also not working for me. Is it something link this you want to share?

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang)   The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang) EmptySat Jun 04, 2022 2:25 am

Roger wrote:
Wonderful pictures of a extraordinary model.
Your link is also not working for me. Is it something link this you want to share?

See if this works [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang)   The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang) EmptySat Jun 04, 2022 5:30 am

All of the above links are working for me, not sure why they aren't for you guys... It is just a little article that talks about some of his fans who have seen him and what made him such a unique animal. He hasn't been spotted since early 2021 so they think he finally has passed on, but he had several children and many grandchildren to carry on his coloring and fighting spirit! He was truly some horse...

The sculpt fits him very well. The only thing really missing is some feathering on his feet. The muscling is similiar and the color patten is well done. Only thing missing are the scars from his hard won battles and healed wounds from defending his mares. Most of my photos these days are done with my cell/mobile phone. I always have it with me whereas my proper camera can't be toted with me all the time. I am not 100% sure on his rarity, but he was produced only a few years ago and I found some listings on US ebay that were fairly priced considering his popularity in my opinion. Thank you everybody!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang)   The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang) EmptySun Jun 05, 2022 1:17 am

I'm excited for this thread! I've never seen that model or heard about Picasso before. I loved reading about him, what an incredible animal to live to be so old, and so handsome too. I'm glad they immortalized him in a beautiful model. This looks like a representation of what he must have looked like young. Very Happy That shot you took of him "standing" in the grass is very clever, since you can't see the hooves it looks natural and not like he's a rearing model turned sideways. The last pictures make me feel like I'm in immediate danger. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang)   The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang) EmptySun Jun 05, 2022 6:47 am

I am excited to develop this topic too! Glad you enjoyed it Jill. Hopefully I can do another update in a few days. I have a planned related update...

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang)   The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang) EmptyMon Jun 06, 2022 3:46 am

New update! I expect that most of them won't be this quickly done. Wink

This is the Breyer Van Gogh, a youthful version of one of Picasso's colts. Picasso had many offspring, and some carried his genetics for his coloration. Unfortunately, Van Gogh was struck by a car on the highway in 2020. I can't find an exact age but it seems he was around 5 years old at the time of the accident.

Now on to a happier thing, his portrait model.

A very cute face

And then with his sire.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang)   The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang) EmptyMon Jun 06, 2022 10:28 pm

Really beautiful face! flower
You're surely building a pleiad.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang)   The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang) EmptyMon Jun 06, 2022 10:40 pm

He really did take after his father! The heavier patterning on the shoulders and neck and unusual blaze especially. I agree with George, these portrait horses often have much more interesting markings than they would normally get. A shame about the real horse, I hope some offspring or grand-offspring of his manages to live as long and successful a life as Picasso did!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang)   The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang) EmptyTue Jun 14, 2022 4:45 am

Thank you both! 

Now a stablemate size figure, the Highland Pony in blue roan. Not a protrai figure, so there is not much to explain here, but this is a nice color for this model (In my opinion).

And here is a link to share some more of the history of the sculpt.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang)   The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang) EmptySun Jun 26, 2022 5:06 am

And my first non Breyer model just HAD to be a wolf. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang)   The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang) EmptySun Jun 26, 2022 3:57 pm

Where's Paige, there's always a wolf. flower Very beautiful. Very Happy

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang)   The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang) EmptySun Jun 26, 2022 5:34 pm

Ah, I see, that's how you were lured into collecting Breyers Very Happy. The Breyer "non-horses" are usually hard to find; I wish Breyer made more.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang)   The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang) EmptySun Jun 26, 2022 6:27 pm

I haven't actually had any Breyer wolves until quite recently, and used to get a new breyer at least once a year for my birthday/Christmas. But once I tracked down 2 of them I was in love. Wink Now I just need the black version of this model to complete the "set".

Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang)   The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang) EmptySun Jun 26, 2022 6:33 pm

It's a very lovely wolf, Breyer using that harder plastic means lovely proportions, able to have long slender legs without losing stability.

Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang)   The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang) EmptySun Jun 26, 2022 8:42 pm

I love the highland pony in roan, what a cutie. And the wolf is wonderful as well. Those animals were a strange thing for me when they were released. I didn't appreciate at the time how hard to come by they would be later, and only got a couple. I wish I had realized at the time how scarce and expensive they would be, but that's often the case I guess! I was put off by the change in material, but as George points out, that change is what made them so nice, I guess. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang)   The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang) EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 11:20 pm

Thank you George and Jill!

Next is a racehorse favorite, Seabiscuit! (Classic Size) The movie of this amazing animal really got me into horse racing (the only sport I was ever "in to", as long as the animals were treated ethically and well of course). I don't have time to keep up with it as an adult, but I try to at least watch the Triple Crown footage every year. If you don't kmow much about this guy, look him up, he really has an incredible story to enjoy.

I have had this model for as long as I can remember, my parents probably got it for me as birthday gift when the movie originally came out. He has been through several moves with me in my life time, hence his rough appearance. One particular move the moving guys weren't so careful with the box they were in and he and his compatriot War Admiral both got their eartips chipped off... poor things.

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang)   The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang) EmptyMon Jul 04, 2022 7:53 pm

The Maureen Love classics are just exquisite. I love you This guy looks like a good old friend with a lot of story behind him. :)
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang)   The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang) EmptyMon Jul 04, 2022 9:47 pm

Very good-looking horse. I love the thin legs and the beautifully sculpted and painted mane.

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I haven't actually had any Breyer wolves until quite recently, and used to get a new breyer at least once a year for my birthday/Christmas. But once I tracked down 2 of them I was in love. Wink Now I just need the black version of this model to complete the "set".

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you meant that the wolf was the first Breyer in your collection.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang)   The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang) EmptyMon Jul 04, 2022 9:57 pm

That's my mistake... I meant to type non-HORSE breyer was a wolf. Sorry!

Thank you Jill and Roger!

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang)   The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang) EmptyMon Jul 04, 2022 10:36 pm

Stunning, I love racehorses in real life and they are among my favourite horse models! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang)   The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang) EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 2:24 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

this is a really wonderful excursion into their history, thanks for sharing Paige!

I like these pics the best of all, and the flowers beside the models just make them look fun and amazing! I can imagine these blown up really huge (2m x 2m) and on a wall cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang)   The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Equine Epitome: Breyer Collection (Stablemate Mustang)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next