Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles

Go down 
+3
Kikimalou
Silver Unicornis
HKHollinstone
7 posters
AuthorMessage
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles  Empty
PostSubject: Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles    Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles  EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 1:42 pm

Here you are - Just so you know I repainted the nose, hooves, mane and tail the original colour of the mane and tail was the same as the rest of the body.  It was a very long time ago I repainted it so excuse the terrible paintwork Embarassed  I don't like her thin ears scratch
Pictures:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles    Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles  EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 2:02 pm

She's pretty!
Her ears don't bother me as much as her hind left leg - it looks as if it was paralized or something. But I think this could be fixed (you know, the "hairdryer method" What a Face).

And I didn't realize she had different shade of mane and tail on catalogue photos, your repaint turned out really good, Harriet :)

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles    Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles  EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 2:15 pm

Mangalarga wrote:
She's pretty!
Her ears don't bother me as much as her hind left leg - it looks as if it was paralized or something. But I think this could be fixed (you know, the "hairdryer method" What a Face).

And I didn't realize she had different shade of mane and tail on catalogue photos, your repaint turned out really good, Harriet :)
Thanks Magda, but the repaint isn't as good as it appears in the photos Laughing Yes that's another thing I don't like, that leg, it just looks unnatural No That's a good idea, I might just try the hair dryer technique, I hope it won't make the paint funny though scratch

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles    Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles  EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 4:51 pm

monkey
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles    Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles  EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 10:35 pm

Mangalarga wrote:

this could be fixed (you know, the "hairdryer method" What a Face).

:)

Everybody in Cumbria should be asking why Harriet is always using the hair dryer... maybe she has a new boy friend! Wink

Kiki, your natural horses are moving and the Safari is stoped, so it looks parlized! :)
Back to top Go down
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

PostSubject: Re: Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles    Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles  EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 11:29 pm

What I mean is that models looks as if it was dragging the hind left hoof along, it looks a bit painful to me. The leg shouldn't be bent so much in this joint Wink

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles    Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles  EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 12:29 am

From the joint to the hoof, it looks too long, don't you think?

Last edited by HKHollinstone on Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles    Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles  EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 12:35 am

Roger wrote:
Everybody in Cumbria should be asking why Harriet is always using the hair dryer... maybe she has a new boy friend! Wink
Rolling Eyes Wink

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles    Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles  EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 8:39 am

HKHollinstone wrote:

I think so... The pose could be correct but the legs are too long because this is the only way to let him stand without base What a Face
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles    Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles  EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 12:05 pm

I agree with Kikimalou.

Oh dear, that horse is soooo beautiful, even with all those anatomycal mistaKes... I have to get it! Thank you so much for the pics!

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles    Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles  EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 2:42 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:

I think so... The pose could be correct but the legs are too long because this is the only way to let him stand without base What a Face

Laughing

Silver Unicornis

PostSubject: Re: Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles    Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles  EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 6:29 pm

I've seen a photo of this model with remodelled leg, it looked much better. I'll add this photo when I find it :)

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles    Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles  EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 7:09 pm

Mangalarga wrote:
I've seen a photo of this model with remodelled leg, it looked much better. I'll add this photo when I find it :)
Really, I'd be interested to see that bounce

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles    Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles  EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 7:10 pm

SyLoBe wrote:
Oh dear, that horse is soooo beautiful, even with all those anatomycal mistaKes... I have to get it! Thank you so much for the pics!
Your welcome Sylvia, glad I could help!

Yes, I know why they made it long - a bad way of making the model balanced. Suspect

Back to top Go down
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

PostSubject: Re: Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles    Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles  EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 12:41 am

I've found the photo of customized model:

Here are more photos: *click*

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles    Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles  EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 7:58 am

Mangalarga wrote:

Very fine pics and very impressive models of horses customs Cool
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles    Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles  EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 8:39 am

Mangalarga wrote:
here are more photos: *click*
oh oh I want one!!! Thanks Magda, it's beautiful, I wonder how he/she fixed the problem with that back leg? I hope I can do something similar with mine, this artist did a wonderful job cheers she even changed the tail Shocked

Back to top Go down
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

PostSubject: Re: Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles    Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles  EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 1:47 pm

The tail and the head Wink I think she cut the leg off and resculpted the joint. She makes amazing customs, just look at these guys:
*click* - resculpted Safari WC Andalusian/PRE
*click* - resculpted Safari WC Percheron
*click* - resculpted Schleich Percheron stallion

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles    Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles  EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 6:26 pm

Harriet, beautiful work and wonderful photos. Hard to believe that's a little plastic horse!

Magda, wow! thanks for the link! I don't know much about the model horse world in Europe, so it's wonderful to see what others are doing! Her work is amazing!
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles    Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles  EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 10:37 pm

OMG those customs are AMAZING! I wish I had half her talent...

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles    Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles  EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 12:04 am

Mangalarga wrote:
The tail and the head Wink I think she cut the leg off and resculpted the joint. She makes amazing customs, just look at these guys:
*click* - resculpted Safari WC Andalusian/PRE
*click* - resculpted Safari WC Percheron
*click* - resculpted Schleich Percheron stallion
She did an amazing job on it and all the others, they are so beautiful! I emailed her and asked her how she did the selle francais' legs - she sounds like a really nice person, be great if she became a member here.

By the way I've now customized my selle francias and repainted her into a Strawberry roan. I still have a little more work to do on her, but the colour came out quite nice.

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles    Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles  EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 12:09 am

Mastiffcat wrote:
Harriet, beautiful work and wonderful photos. Hard to believe that's a little plastic horse!

Magda, wow! thanks for the link! I don't know much about the model horse world in Europe, so it's wonderful to see what others are doing! Her work is amazing!
Big plastic horse Laughing thank you Carolynn, it really wasn't anything Embarassed - as I said I've repainted her into a strawberry roan now.
Glad you liked the pictures too. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles    Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles  Empty

Back to top Go down

Selle Francais mare 2007 Safari Ltd Blue Ribbon Collectibles
Page 1 of 1