Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2022 Safari Ltd Minke Whale Walkaround With Comparisons

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

whale - 2022 Safari Ltd Minke Whale Walkaround With Comparisons Empty
PostSubject: 2022 Safari Ltd Minke Whale Walkaround With Comparisons   whale - 2022 Safari Ltd Minke Whale Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed Aug 10, 2022 5:31 am

Another new Safari 2022 arrival... the Minke whale cheers

I have a deep love for cetaceans, so I just had to pick this figure up!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This figure is not very large so it won't take up too much shelf space like some other whales. I was going to skip on this figure because I was already happy with my CollectA & Schleich one. But a third can't hurt right? Laughing I really like the coloration on this model. Its very smooth and I like the open mouth. I also like how it has a curved pose and is not just straight. I really like how Safari tries to give their models more movement.

Here are comparisons with Schleich & Safari. If anyone would like comparisons with other whale species let me know. I have many other Schleich & Safari whales.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Safari Ltd Minke Whale Walkaround With Comparisons   whale - 2022 Safari Ltd Minke Whale Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed Aug 10, 2022 9:50 pm

Thanks for the comparisons. The Safari is a beautiful model, I especially like the baleen. My impression is that the coloration of the CollectA is more realistic and it is a very beautiful model too. But the colour varies with the subspecies; I read on ATB that the CollectA is probably a dwarf minke whale; I don't know about the Safari. In your photos, it looks like the CollectA and Safari are the same size, is that right?

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Safari Ltd Minke Whale Walkaround With Comparisons   whale - 2022 Safari Ltd Minke Whale Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyThu Aug 11, 2022 4:05 am

Very interesting comparison Applause Applause

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Safari Ltd Minke Whale Walkaround With Comparisons   whale - 2022 Safari Ltd Minke Whale Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyThu Aug 11, 2022 11:17 am

A interesting whale

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Safari Ltd Minke Whale Walkaround With Comparisons   whale - 2022 Safari Ltd Minke Whale Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyThu Aug 11, 2022 5:40 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
Thanks for the comparisons. The Safari is a beautiful model, I especially like the baleen. My impression is that the coloration of the CollectA is more realistic and it is a very beautiful model too. But the colour varies with the subspecies; I read on ATB that the CollectA is probably a dwarf minke whale; I don't know about the Safari. In your photos, it looks like the CollectA and Safari are the same size, is that right?

I didn't know about the variations within subspecies, interesting! Yes the CollectA & Safari are practically the same size.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Safari Ltd Minke Whale Walkaround With Comparisons   whale - 2022 Safari Ltd Minke Whale Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyFri Aug 12, 2022 10:15 am

cheers cheers cheers

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Safari Ltd Minke Whale Walkaround With Comparisons   whale - 2022 Safari Ltd Minke Whale Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyFri Aug 12, 2022 10:32 am

ATB says that the Safari represents the Northern subspecies of minke whale: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here is the review of the CollectA: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Safari Ltd Minke Whale Walkaround With Comparisons   whale - 2022 Safari Ltd Minke Whale Walkaround With Comparisons Empty

Back to top Go down

2022 Safari Ltd Minke Whale Walkaround With Comparisons
Page 1 of 1