Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Can you identify these animals?

Go down 
+3
Saarlooswolfhound
rogerpgvg
eternity
7 posters
AuthorMessage
eternity

eternity

Country/State : US

Can you identify these animals? Empty
PostSubject: Can you identify these animals?   Can you identify these animals? EmptyWed Sep 14, 2022 6:26 pm

*Edit*
I've decided to use this topic for any mystery animals I come across

-------------------

The semi-local antique place has these big bins of McDonalds toy & plastic animals, I picked up a number that I can't identify.
Especially the dogs, they're very good quality but I cant find them on the wiki.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
IDENTIFIED ANIMALS:
L>R
New-Ray Horse; New-Ray Pointer/Hunting dogs(3); Schleich puppy(breed unknown?); Innovative Kids Cheetah; Diener Stegosaurus; Toy Major Lion

--------------------
A plastic cocker spaniel I inherited, that I can not for the life of me read the bottom of. If anyone can make it out that'd be great.]

-------------------
A sheep that I've had forever; and have been trying to figure out the origin of for about as long. He's long lost his horns; I do not know what they originally looked like.

--------------------
So I picked up this triceratops at a thrift store; and it seems to be the same mold as other jurassic park triceratops, but I cant find any painted like this.

Last edited by eternity on Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:27 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Can you identify these animals?   Can you identify these animals? EmptyWed Sep 14, 2022 6:26 pm

The dogs look like New-ray dogs.

eternity

PostSubject: Re: Can you identify these animals?   Can you identify these animals? EmptyWed Sep 14, 2022 8:23 pm

They're similar, but I cant find the specific ones.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Can you identify these animals?   Can you identify these animals? EmptyWed Sep 14, 2022 9:04 pm

The dogs are from the smaller hunting sets, not the My Best Friend Series. The other fluffy dog is a Schleich mixed breed, the result of a competition for pet models submitted.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Can you identify these animals?   Can you identify these animals? EmptyWed Sep 14, 2022 9:39 pm

Lovely models, especially the dogs, so nice to see such a wonderful pack! cheers Everyone else's IDs for these canines seems correct to me, and I'm sorry I can't help with the other animals- I really like the New Ray hunting dogs, they have really fine details for their scale! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Can you identify these animals?   Can you identify these animals? EmptyWed Sep 14, 2022 11:07 pm

The lion on the right side looks like Toy Major.

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Can you identify these animals?   Can you identify these animals? EmptyThu Sep 15, 2022 3:50 am

Is the palomino horse hollow hard plastic? I have a similar (if not identical) one made by New Ray.
Back to top Go down
eternity

eternity

PostSubject: Re: Can you identify these animals?   Can you identify these animals? EmptyThu Sep 15, 2022 4:46 am

Yes, it is hollow hard plastic. That seems to be what it is.
Back to top Go down
eternity

eternity

PostSubject: Re: Can you identify these animals?   Can you identify these animals? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 6:53 pm

So after a bit more research I've found the stegosaurus is Diener and the cheetah is Innovative Kids.
It seems I forgot to say, the large horse says
HORSE
1395 D
MADE IN CHINA
on the bottom, if that helps.
Back to top Go down
eternity

eternity

PostSubject: Re: Can you identify these animals?   Can you identify these animals? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 6:55 pm

Oh and if anyone has any idea where these critters are from it would be great, they all have an A on the underside except the tiger that has a B?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Can you identify these animals?   Can you identify these animals? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 7:12 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Can you identify these animals?   Can you identify these animals? EmptySat Sep 17, 2022 12:44 pm

Markings are always important. 1395 D seems a traditional marking for a Toy Major large figure. Though, it should have marked the oval with TM or at least T.M. too. Are you sure it is 1395 and not 1995? Can you provide a clear picture showing the horse individually?

eternity

PostSubject: Re: Can you identify these animals?   Can you identify these animals? EmptySat Sep 17, 2022 7:26 pm

The style is very reminiscent of Toy Major, but I couldn't find it on the wiki or a tm on it anywhere; though I just remembered it's missing it's tail...?

The only ones that haven't been identified are the horse, the smaller lion that only says made in china, and the gray dog that doesnt have any markings that I can find.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Can you identify these animals?   Can you identify these animals? EmptySat Sep 17, 2022 7:52 pm

Thanks, it is clearly 1395 D.
Now I can see it doesn't match the Toy Major style of marking figures. No year, no copyrright, no logo....
I can find sales of horses marked 1395, Here is one marked like yours or this one which is different.

Last edited by Roger on Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eternity

eternity

PostSubject: Re: Can you identify these animals?   Can you identify these animals? EmptySat Sep 17, 2022 7:58 pm

I think that first one is the very same; too bad it doesn't list the brand..
I think I actually have that second one somewhere; I believe it is the same hollow plastic; mb I'll see if I can find it.
Back to top Go down
eternity

eternity

PostSubject: Re: Can you identify these animals?   Can you identify these animals? EmptySat Sep 17, 2022 8:22 pm

I may just keep using this topic for the miscellaneous figures I find; to put them out into the universe, as it were.
So to start it off is this plastic cocker spaniel, that I can not for the life of me read the bottom of. If anyone can make it out that'd be great.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Can you identify these animals?   Can you identify these animals? EmptySun Sep 18, 2022 1:13 am

I tried to increase the contrast but I couldn't read anyway. affraid

Returning to your horses, it is evident it is a series but no way to find a brand. The system is very similar to Toy Major as I suggested but not exactly. It must be something like Toysmith or so.
As you can see, there's a B and obviously a A and a C, at least.

Those will be known as 1395 horses. Laughing

eternity

PostSubject: Re: Can you identify these animals?   Can you identify these animals? EmptySun Sep 18, 2022 3:00 am

So I had the idea of using black paint to try to define the letters on the cocker spaniel a bit more; I can make out an O and K in the middle of the word... think it starts with an A?
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Can you identify these animals?   Can you identify these animals? EmptySun Sep 18, 2022 5:34 am

Thats a lucite model (not sure if I spelled that correctly). I just learned about them. Not sure on a specific brand, but thats a super cute cocker spaniel!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can you identify these animals?   Can you identify these animals? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can you identify these animals?
Page 1 of 1