Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Set of 12 very large Nayab Wild Animals, who owns them?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Set of 12 very large Nayab Wild Animals, who owns them? Empty
PostSubject: Set of 12 very large Nayab Wild Animals, who owns them?   Set of 12 very large Nayab Wild Animals, who owns them? EmptySun Oct 16, 2022 12:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] shared this Nayab antelope to put on TAW and also this picture with the whole series of 12 very large wild animals 9-12 inches (22 to 30 cm).
I'm opening this topic to try to get pictures of all of them with your help and sort on TAW.
Does anyone know the antelope species? Is it a topi?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Set of 12 very large Nayab Wild Animals, who owns them?   Set of 12 very large Nayab Wild Animals, who owns them? EmptyMon Oct 17, 2022 10:01 pm

I also have some of these models as well-my antelope is a different colour though!

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Set of 12 very large Nayab Wild Animals, who owns them?   Set of 12 very large Nayab Wild Animals, who owns them? EmptyThu Oct 20, 2022 12:15 pm

The "Topi" could imperfectly fit with other Alcelaphini. It could be a Korrigum or a Tiang, they could be better choices than Topis. The main problem for me aren't the horns but the shoulders, Topis have "humped" shoulders ( more than Korrigum) and your model lacks this detail. I won't go for any Hartebeest, their heads are really different.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Set of 12 very large Nayab Wild Animals, who owns them?   Set of 12 very large Nayab Wild Animals, who owns them? EmptyThu Oct 20, 2022 4:06 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
The "Topi" could imperfectly fit with other Alcelaphini. It could be a Korrigum or a Tiang, they could be better choices than Topis. The main problem for me aren't the horns but the shoulders, Topis have "humped" shoulders ( more than Korrigum) and your model lacks this detail. I won't go for any Hartebeest, their heads are really different.

Thanks Christophe, it is really good to have your imput.
I agree with everything and hartebeest's heads are really unusual and elongated and none of these figures shows any kind of similarity. I used the horns for my identification because these cheaper looking figures always have cow shaped heads. Even the Bully tsessebes do not have correct shaped heads. Though, I will wait for a more consensual identification.

We have the tsessebe page a little messed on TAW. According to Wikipedia:
- Common tsessebe is Damaliscus lunatus lunatus
- Topi is Damaliscus lunatus jimela
- Corrigum is Damaliscus lunatus korrigum

TAW page currently is called Common tsessebe with the description and Wikipedia link for a topi and taxonomic table for a korrigum as a full species.
As the classification and half of the figures identified are conjectural and none of them is marketed to the subspecies level. Maybe the best is to list all of them on species level (Damaliscus lunatus).
Bullyland figures are marketed as Leierantilope which refers to the species level. Though, I don't know which common name is used for species level. Maybe Common tsessebe since it is the nominate subspecies or just Tsessebe which is the common name for the whole genus.

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Set of 12 very large Nayab Wild Animals, who owns them?   Set of 12 very large Nayab Wild Animals, who owns them? EmptySun Oct 23, 2022 8:07 pm

I found these animals of the first Photo fo this topic

Last edited by landrover on Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Set of 12 very large Nayab Wild Animals, who owns them?   Set of 12 very large Nayab Wild Animals, who owns them? EmptySun Oct 23, 2022 8:29 pm

Fernando, I see you're working hard to find your large Nayab figures. We suspected you owned a lot of them from your numbered photos but it is so nice we can sort them with your help.
You have a Mickey Mouse hippo, I love those ears. Very Happy I'm working on those pictures now.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Set of 12 very large Nayab Wild Animals, who owns them?   Set of 12 very large Nayab Wild Animals, who owns them? EmptyWed Nov 02, 2022 9:21 pm

Thanks Fernando for providing more and better pictures.
Half of the set is listed on TAW now as you can see on link below.
Those missing are:

- African elephant
- Cheetah
- Chimpanzee
- Lion
- Rhinoceros
- Zebra

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PostSubject: Re: Set of 12 very large Nayab Wild Animals, who owns them?   Set of 12 very large Nayab Wild Animals, who owns them? Empty

Back to top Go down

Set of 12 very large Nayab Wild Animals, who owns them?
Page 1 of 1