Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals

Go down 
+4
Taos
Saarlooswolfhound
Caracal
Roger
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals Empty
PostSubject: Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals   Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals EmptySat Dec 03, 2022 9:53 pm

I'm opening this topic to ask for pictures of these very small  Nayab animals. These figures are not easy to tell from the slightly larger ones but I believe we will be able of completing this set on TAW.
10 of them are already listed on TAW  if I got it correctly. This is set [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of 24 assorted figures measuring 1 to 2 inches.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals   Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals EmptySat Dec 03, 2022 10:44 pm

I have the maned wolf, how to send the picture please?  scratch

Last edited by Caracal on Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals   Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals EmptySat Dec 03, 2022 10:53 pm

Caracal wrote:
I have the mane wolf, how to send the picture please?  scratch

Alain, you can post the picture here but if you prefer to e-mail me, it is fine too. Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals   Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals EmptySun Dec 04, 2022 4:36 am

I think I bought this set a while ago (minus the aye aye) but its in storage. When I get to it, I will try to remember to photograph it for the wiki.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals   Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals EmptySun Dec 04, 2022 4:11 pm

Here is the armadillo and the Giant anteater

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals   Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals EmptySun Dec 04, 2022 4:14 pm

And the pangolin!

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals   Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals EmptySun Dec 04, 2022 5:07 pm

I wonder how do you tell the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] set versions from the slightly larger [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Differences are quite subtle sometimes.
Though, I'm convinced you're not cheating me. Laughing I added armadillo, anteater, pangolin and maned wolf. Now we have 14 of 24. Let's hope we complete this set to work another set soon.
thanks Taylor and Alain, Taylor, don't you have the hollow extralarge version of the anteater, it is also missing as well as the aardvark. pig

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I think I bought this set a while ago (minus the aye aye) but its in storage. When I get to it, I will try to remember to photograph it for the wiki.

Great Paige, I remember seeing them together with the slightly larger ones and a few others on your topic.Maybe we can list later the set with the mini lion and other common species which is not as popular as these ones.

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals   Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals EmptySun Dec 04, 2022 5:55 pm

Roger,I don't have the large anteater but have another small anteater which may belong to the other set you mentioned.

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals   Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals EmptySun Dec 04, 2022 6:07 pm

I have some of the item 167 too.. :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals   Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals EmptySun Dec 04, 2022 8:10 pm

Taos wrote:
Roger,I don't have the large anteater but have another small anteater which may belong to the other set you mentioned.

Caracal wrote:
I have some of the item 167 too.. :)

The set [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is completely listed on TAW
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I believe it is correct but, if you find any mistake, please let me know.
Taylor, is the anteater of this link you have? It is slightly larger than the one you posted here, right?

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals   Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals EmptySun Dec 04, 2022 8:45 pm

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals   Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals EmptySun Dec 04, 2022 11:07 pm

Thanks Fernando, STS team is doing a great job, I added capybara, red panda, beaver, raccoon and platypus.
Now we have 19 of 24 listed.
Comparing to the Extralarge set, we're theorically missing:
Aardvark (top left)
Badger (top right)
Otter (bottom left)
Rabbit (left most)
Tapir (Where?)

I can't find a tapir in this picture but it can be seen in the other catalogue picture I posted above, it is the left bottom of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
It's a little mistery too difficult for a blind croc, could you help me identifying the right most figure?
Also, is it a lighter version of the mongoose just below the badger or have I entered the wrong mongoose on TAW ?

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals   Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals EmptyMon Dec 05, 2022 1:52 am

Right after reading this page, I found this listing...
There's the tapir
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals   Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals EmptyMon Dec 05, 2022 4:42 pm

pipsxlch wrote:
Right after reading this page, I found this listing...
There's the tapir

Interesting listing, Kelly. Very Happy
It mixes figures from different Nayab sets. That's quite normal, each brand defines their own assortment. So, to avoid confusing Wiki pages, we try to follow the assortments as they are presented on Nayab's website. What's funny is that I don't find the tapir in one of the Nayab pictures but it is clearly visible in the other page picture and I would love to know which figure is replacing the tapir.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals   Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals EmptyMon Dec 05, 2022 5:02 pm

By the way, couldn't it be a mistake. Aren't these two the same red panda figure and they forgot to include the tapir?

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals   Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals EmptyMon Dec 05, 2022 5:49 pm

That does indeed look like the case. Those are the same red panda figures. So maybe they misplaced the tapir and just grabbed a very vaguely similar figure for the photo. After all, it was never intended to be scrutinized by amateur naturalists.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals   Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals EmptyMon Dec 05, 2022 7:14 pm

pipsxlch wrote:
That does indeed look like the case. Those are the same red panda figures. So maybe they misplaced the tapir and just grabbed a very vaguely similar figure for the photo. After all, it was never intended to be scrutinized by amateur naturalists.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Thanks Kelly! That's the vaguest use of the vaguely word I've ever read. affraid

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals   Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals EmptyTue Dec 06, 2022 12:07 am

I have this rabbit
not sure if it is the small one though? it has quite dense rubbery plastic

oh yes, it definitely looks like the small one, compared to this - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals   Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals EmptyTue Dec 06, 2022 12:34 am

Annette, I think it is the right one, it is hard to see but you can see it on catalogue picture below.
Material uses to be pvc, slightly less dense than the major brand figures but I think the material depends from each brand specifications.
Do you have the hollow giant one too?
Oh, vertical pictures are not very practical for TAW but I will use them anyway.

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals   Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals EmptyTue Dec 06, 2022 12:46 am

thank you Roger, glad to help. I think it looks the same as the picture above, quite small and compact and the red eye is the same.
I don't have the bigger one.
Yes you are right about the material, softer and less dense.
It's hard to take photos to show the size, even the vertical ones change shape, but just leave it out if it's too strange to put in What a Face haha
I don't have any lego blocks ha ha, never ever played with lego. I will try and work out something different to show the scale
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals   Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals EmptyTue Dec 06, 2022 1:17 am

sunny wrote:
thank you Roger, glad to help. I think it looks the same as the picture above, quite small and compact and the red eye is the same.
I don't have the bigger one.
Yes you are right about the material, softer and less dense.
It's hard to take photos to show the size, even the vertical ones change shape, but just leave it out if it's too strange to put in What a Face haha
I don't have any lego blocks ha ha, never ever played with lego. I will try and work out something different to show the scale

That's fine, I cropped and if I want to show the size I have that picture with a scale. I have so many white Lego blocks. Laughing
I'm supercurious to know what is marked on the extralarge rabbit, Nayab sometimes is funny and it will influence the species identifications for all the smaller Nayab rabbits.
I'm happy that people is providing pictures in such a short time. It is almost complete now, only 4 missing.
Aardvark, badger, otter and tapir.

Babdo

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals   Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals EmptyTue Dec 06, 2022 2:09 pm

Hello,
I looked at my 2 sets of Nayab no. 167 and I see that they not equal.
See here what Nayab no. 167 must be.
I will show you next what my other Nayab no. 167 contains.
Benno.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.].
I think these 6 animals were part of the second set.
In these shop you can get the Nayab set 167 in Germany

Last edited by Babdo on Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:30 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals   Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals EmptyTue Dec 06, 2022 2:52 pm

Great picture Benno and you sorted the figures exactly as they are on TAW. cheers
As far as I can see and not considering painting variations, the assortment is the same we see on TAW and catalogue picture.
I'm curious to see your other version of the same set.
By the way, this is still the nicest Nayab set in my opinion. These figures were inexpensive gold when the species diversity wasn't as rich as it is these days.

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals   Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals EmptyTue Dec 06, 2022 10:18 pm

I will get a comparison picture of the Giant anteaters and I have the large hollow rabbit.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals   Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals EmptyTue Dec 06, 2022 10:30 pm

Thanks Taylor, this is really the large hollow rabbit which is already on TAW, I'll use your picture anyway.
We're missing the Extralarge one that you can see on picture below and we also miss the other outlined figures.
Atention, this is the catalogue picture of the set of Extralarge figures, not exactly the little models being the subject of this topic.

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals   Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals Empty

Back to top Go down

Trying to find pictures of these 24 assorted small Nayab wild animals
Page 1 of 1