Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone?

Go down 
+4
widukind
Stripedhyena
Kikimalou
Roger
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone?   Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone? EmptyFri Dec 16, 2022 8:34 pm

I hope you're not tired of my constant request for pictures but it is for the community interest.
We've been relatively successful and the Nayab section is increasing noticiably.
Today [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] got surprised with this set, I also got surprised the first time I saw the picture because contrarily to most other sets, I'm not really familiar with these figures.
Some look like smaller versions of known large models but those are between 3 and 4 inches, 7,5 to 10 cm long. Slightly Larger than traditional tube figures but not much.
Additionally, if you want to help me identifying the most unusual species, I'd be grateful. Especially the top right one, what's that? scratch
I don't have a better picture but I'll share if I find a good one.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Roger on Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone?   Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone? EmptyFri Dec 16, 2022 8:55 pm

The top right one is a mandrill monkey
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone?   Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone? EmptyFri Dec 16, 2022 10:44 pm

Roger, the truth is that Nayab figures are among the most common (and cheapest).... I am surprised that you were not familiar with these  scratch
About the species, I think that only the two antelopes raise doubts... The orange one is a bongo and the gray one... the gray one is perhaps a nyala or eland... Maybe some kind of wild goat... the tail is misleading.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone?   Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone? EmptyFri Dec 16, 2022 10:46 pm

The grey one is probably a Pronghorn
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone?   Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone? EmptyFri Dec 16, 2022 11:04 pm

Thanks Christophe and Ricardo.
Ricardo, I'm working on figures I do not collect. Someone must list them and I'm defintely not familiar with these ones. I only know similar larger versions like the boar or hyena for example.
I also have doubts about more than two species but fortunately I can count on all of you.

I have them listed as:
Nilgai
Bactrian camel
Markhor?
Mandrill (according to Christophe) monkey
Kangaroo
Bongo (according to Ricardo)
Muskox
Giant Panda
Spotted Hyena
Pronghorn
Boar
Polar Bear

It's strange they're so common and there isn't a single one listed on TAW contrarily to all other sets I asked for pictures.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone?   Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone? EmptySat Dec 17, 2022 7:50 am

The grey antelope could be a greater kudu. And dont forget the okapi :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone?   Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone? EmptySat Dec 17, 2022 9:23 am

I have these figures (well, some I offered here when I joined the forum) but I don't have them in hand (except the bongo, I'll send you a photo later).
The nilgai is an okapi. The wild boar is a warthog. Perhaps the one that remains in doubt is the one you name as markhor, which could indeed be that.
They do not keep good proportion to each other but the average size is Schleich-Papo-CollectA scale.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone?   Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone? EmptySat Dec 17, 2022 10:28 am

Thanks once more Andreas and Ricardo. Okapi was my bad. pale
I had no idea about the bongo but now I agree the body is shaped like a bongo although I can't see any strips and the horns are dark instead of light colored, etc. Though, now I'm convinced it is supposed to be one. Thanks to your help, I think we're now closer to the truth. About the markhor, I have no idea what it is supposed to be and markhor is just the identification I'm more confortable with until someone give me a more convincing one.
Ricardo, I believe most, myself included, would love to get several figures from your trades but it is always almost impossible to find figures of your wish list, the same for Andreas. Laughing
I'm looking forward to see a picture of the bongo, are these figures hollow or solide like the similar sized wolf and fox set?
List updated:

Okapi
Bactrian camel
Markhor?
Mandrill
Kangaroo
Bongo Antelope
Muskox
Giant Panda
Spotted Hyena
Pronghorn
Warthog
Polar Bear

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone?   Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone? EmptySat Dec 17, 2022 12:19 pm

Sincerely the grey antelope has nothing of a Markhor, especially the horns
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone?   Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone? EmptySat Dec 17, 2022 4:06 pm

They are hollow figures (something I don't love either).
The truth is that the wild goat-antelope may be a mix of several species. Personally and based on Nayab's production, I would be inclined to say it is a nyala.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone?   Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone? EmptySun Dec 18, 2022 5:06 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Sincerely the grey antelope has nothing of a Markhor, especially the horns

I think it should be kudu.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone?   Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone? EmptyMon Dec 19, 2022 8:56 pm

Thanks for your informations and suggestions to the grey ungulate with twisted horns. I agree it does not look like a markhor but I can't see either a Nyala or kudu. It looks more like a wild goat to me but I might by wrong, of course.
Maybe we can find a better picture of it.

Last edited by Roger on Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone?   Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone? EmptyTue Dec 20, 2022 10:56 am

Roger, here the bongo:

About the wild goat-antelope, definetly I think it’s a nyala scratch

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone?   Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone? EmptyTue Dec 20, 2022 12:03 pm

Thanks Ricardo for providing pictures of the bongo. You're one of the most eclectic collectors we know and I think your contributions for Toy Animal Wiki could help us a lot to enrich the information provided on it. Now I can see the dorsal ridge bongos typically have. Here the problem is really the weird color choices. About the Nyala, it is much probably the most correct identification but it is really hard to be sure. I can relist it as a Nyala.

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone?   Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone? EmptyTue Dec 20, 2022 2:16 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I’m happy to help in any way I can. My handicap is that I have a large part of my collection in storage and it is not always easy to access specific figures. I hope to have some day, not only the time to catalog everything, but also a room with a large showcase that I can dedicate only to it...

The nyala question, besides being the most likely for me, is also based on the miniature nyala that Nayab has. On the colors and the fidelity of the proportions we have to be permissive with this brand....
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone?   Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone? EmptyTue Dec 20, 2022 2:19 pm

I'm adding this set here because they're obviously related. This one as a similar assortment but figures are larger.
I listed this one before being aware it was similar to the otther one and curiously those versions were easier to identify. So this antelope is the larger version of the bongo? Weirdly I listed the goat thing as a yak on this set. Laughing Honestly, I continue completely out about this model but at least we have a different angle here if it is really supposed to represent the same species.
Pictures of this set of larger figures are also welcome, I think I've seen the goat thing on Fernando's collection before.
I also need your opinion if the warthog of the picture is the same I'm showing below.
The tail is differently positioned but it seems it is common and the size falls into this range.

I also moved this hyena from set [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to this set [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] because the size and pose seems to match better this one.

Last edited by Roger on Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone?   Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone? EmptyTue Dec 20, 2022 2:22 pm

Stripedhyena wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I’m happy to help in any way I can. My handicap is that I have a large part of my collection in storage and it is not always easy to access specific figures. I hope to have some day, not only the time to catalog everything, but also a room with a large showcase that I can dedicate only to it...

The nyala question, besides being the most likely for me, is also based on the miniature nyala that Nayab has. On the colors and the fidelity of the proportions we have to be permissive with this brand....

Ricardo, I hope you can give what you want to your collection. You've being collecting in a very passionate way and you surely deserve to display your figures as you wish.
I relisted it as a Nyala, you're right, we need to be very openminded with Nayab and tolerate a few bizarre shaped things. Laughing
Please take a look at my previous post. I think those two sets are connected in some way.

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone?   Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone? EmptyTue Dec 20, 2022 3:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], yes , the warthog and hyena belong to this larger set. The detail of the tail is simply because the rubber in that part is thinner, not hollow and therefore susceptible to change shape if it has been stored or pressed by another figure in the bag.

The fact is that Nayab tends to repeat its species in many sizes. I would say that there are at least 5 spotted hyenas for example... 3 or 4 mandrills and warthogs and a large group of antelopes that according to the scale seem to have procreated among them...
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone?   Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone? EmptyTue Dec 20, 2022 8:06 pm

Stripedhyena wrote:
Roger, here the bongo:

About the wild goat-antelope, definetly I think it’s a nyala scratch

any idea on how and where to find these sets or individual models to buy? I would very much like the Bongo regardless of size.....any help appreciated and thanks to all for posting comments in this post. It's proven to be extremely interesting....
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone?   Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone? EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 1:16 am

Numa, I can't find a bong but I have a link to this topi.
Atention, it is huge and hollow but let me know if you want me to send the link to you. Wink

Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone?   Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone? EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 4:06 pm

Roger wrote:
Atention, it is huge and hollow but let me know if you want me to send the link to you. Wink

Thanks for the link, it works, appreciate it! :-)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone?   Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone? EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 8:55 pm

Numa wrote:
Roger wrote:

Thanks for the link, it works, appreciate it! :-)

Sorry for not explaining it correctly.
I messaged you with the link of a sale with an antelope like the one of the link.
That one was just to exemplify, it is from Taos' collection.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone?   Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 1:29 pm

Thanks for this topic. Today i got my new antelope

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone?   Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 6:09 pm

widukind wrote:
Thanks for this topic. Today i got my new antelope

No problem! Looking forward to see it. bounce

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone?   Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 6:53 pm

I think I've got the camel (from Ricardo). Or is it a different size? Its hump height is 5.9 cm.

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone?   Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone? Empty

Back to top Go down

Pictures of two Intringuing Nayab Wild Animal sets (128 and 129) anyone?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next