Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nayab Antelopes and Deers set #126

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

Nayab Antelopes and Deers set #126 Empty
PostSubject: Nayab Antelopes and Deers set #126   Nayab Antelopes and Deers set #126 EmptySun Oct 16, 2022 11:02 pm

I HAVE SOME LARGE ANIMALS OF THIS SERIES

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Nayab Antelopes and Deers set #126   Nayab Antelopes and Deers set #126 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2022 11:55 am

Thanks Fernando, they're really nice and it is good to have here pictures to start sorting these figures. Though, it shows that I'm not ready yet to sort them because I don't know how they are grouped. I enjoy grouping them in sets but probably it is not possible and we need to list them all together.

landrover

PostSubject: Re: Nayab Antelopes and Deers set #126   Nayab Antelopes and Deers set #126 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2022 7:23 pm

I have 3 or 4 animales of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
I Will search in my boxes , tomorrow.
I think ,the antelopes series were 6 and I couldn't get one.

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Nayab Antelopes and Deers set #126   Nayab Antelopes and Deers set #126 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2022 8:45 pm

Those are all very nice models Fernando, congrats!

Roger, I have seen them around but I don't think I own any. I will keep a sharper eye for them now.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Nayab Antelopes and Deers set #126   Nayab Antelopes and Deers set #126 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 3:30 pm

I will keep this topic running and meanwhile I'll try to list them as large figures to sort.
Though, to be fair, I'm not even sure of which species are represented. Starting with deer... is the first spotted deer a Persian fallow deer and the 2nd an European fallow deer? Neither of them looks like a sikka or an Axis deer to me.
What about that caprid? Those horns look like a mix between a mouflon and an ibex but I can't find a good match. ... and the antelopes, are their colors correct?
Whatever they are, they're beautiful, especially the first and Taos' antelopes and the last deer.

Last edited by Roger on Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Nayab Antelopes and Deers set #126   Nayab Antelopes and Deers set #126 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 7:21 pm

No problem!I would agree that the deer are hard to pinpoint but I would be inclined to go with a Sika for the first one and a European Fallow for the other.The grey model in the photo after the Mouflon/bighorn is not an easy one to determine-a poor example of a Greater Kudu or a very poor example of a Markhor! Smile Smile

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Nayab Antelopes and Deers set #126   Nayab Antelopes and Deers set #126 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2022 12:14 am

Taos wrote:
No problem!I would agree that the deer are hard to pinpoint but I would be inclined to go with a Sika for the first one and a European Fallow for the other.The grey model in the photo after the Mouflon/bighorn is not an easy one to determine-a poor example of a Greater Kudu or a very poor example of a Markhor! Smile Smile

Thanks Taylor. Since the fallow deer gets agreement, I listed it on TAW. I will probably use your suggestion to the other deer. I was now going to antelopes. The first thing I thought about the antelope you suggested for a kudu was exactly a kudu because of the shape of the horns even if they're not perfect. It has a mane and a neckbeard so it is probably a greater kudu with a wrong color.
About the other antelopes. The first I posted I was convinced it to be a topi, also not perfect but the one you and Fernando posted is also not so different, it seems to be a hartebeest or similar. scratch

landrover

PostSubject: Re: Nayab Antelopes and Deers set #126   Nayab Antelopes and Deers set #126 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2022 4:39 pm

NOW ; THE MARKHOR

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Nayab Antelopes and Deers set #126   Nayab Antelopes and Deers set #126 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2022 4:36 pm

Thanks Fernando! Is it marked markhor? It doesn't look like one at all, maybe they intend to represent a female?

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Nayab Antelopes and Deers set #126   Nayab Antelopes and Deers set #126 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2022 9:12 pm

Beatrice shared this picture from the Nayab website where some of these ungulates can be seen on set [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]! Very Happy Nayab calls the series as Antelope & Reindeer and I'm working on it on this page. - I replaced the reindeer name by Deer.
I'm not sure I can get all species correctly. Please give me your opinion if you don't agree.
- white-tailed deer
- pronghorn antelope
- Moose
- Fallow deer
- - Mountain Sheep(which?)
- - Impala?
- Sika Deer?
- Kudu? scratch

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Nayab Antelopes and Deers set #126   Nayab Antelopes and Deers set #126 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2022 11:38 pm

landrover wrote:
NOW ; THE MARKHOR

This could be a Southern puku
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

PostSubject: Re: Nayab Antelopes and Deers set #126   Nayab Antelopes and Deers set #126 EmptySat Oct 22, 2022 4:00 am

Wow Thanks for your information Roger.

I see the item 126 with 8 antelopes, cheers cheers I will have yhe other two.

I think, we can complete this item.

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Nayab Antelopes and Deers set #126   Nayab Antelopes and Deers set #126 EmptySat Oct 22, 2022 9:17 am

Kikimalou wrote:
landrover wrote:
NOW ; THE MARKHOR

This could be a Southern puku

It is hard to believe Nayab would consider to replicate this species but they really match nicely! Great job, Christophe, I'm listing it on TAW as a puku. cheers

landrover wrote:
Wow Thanks for your information Roger.

I see the item 126 with 8 antelopes,  cheers cheers I will have yhe other two.

I think, we can complete this item.
Very nice, Fernando. It is wonderful to get things sorted.
We miss white-tail, moose, pronghorn and impala.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Nayab Antelopes and Deers set #126   Nayab Antelopes and Deers set #126 EmptySat Oct 22, 2022 4:42 pm

The impala you are talking about is the Puku I think. Very Happy

It looks more like a Puku for the global shape and horns but the white socks are very impala and it is a species so much better known.
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Nayab Antelopes and Deers set #126   Nayab Antelopes and Deers set #126 EmptySat Oct 22, 2022 7:43 pm

I also just realised I have the the very large White tailed deer.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Nayab 8 antelopes   Nayab Antelopes and Deers set #126 EmptySat Oct 22, 2022 11:27 pm

Thanks Taylor, this white-tail has a noble posture!

Kikimalou wrote:
The impala you are talking about is the Puku I think. Very Happy

It looks more like a Puku for the global shape and horns but the white socks are very impala and it is a species so much better known.

Yes, I think you are right it is the same figure. Have you seen [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Fernando posted? Anytime there is a new angle, it looks a different animal. Laughing

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Nayab Antelopes and Deers set #126   Nayab Antelopes and Deers set #126 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 9:23 pm

This set is now complete on TAW and I used the chance to split this topic from the other with Beatrice's pictures.
You can find here the page on TAW.
The caprid and kudu maybe need better identifications. I considered an addax instead of kudu but I'm not too convinced either.

Also here Fernando's pictures of the two figures missing: Moose and pronghorn.

PostSubject: Re: Nayab Antelopes and Deers set #126   Nayab Antelopes and Deers set #126 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nayab Antelopes and Deers set #126
Page 1 of 1