Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures

Go down 
+39
lucky luke
costicuba
Dutch Bear
almisi43
Leyster
QuollMate
wasauskisollivan
Shanti
donny ong
LukaLeon085
Megaptera
Katarzyna
Bloodrayne
JamesPanda
Joliezac
Caracal
Taos
endogenylove
Loustic
spielgerg
FlaffyRaptors
SUSANNE
Arctinus
jarda
urbnvampslayer
aschuck
Koikinguu
zosenwoans
Stripedhyena
MartinH
George
widukind
MansoBoricua
Kikimalou
Saarlooswolfhound
Ana
bmathison1972
Duck-Anch-Amun
VASILIS
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
VASILIS

VASILIS

Country/State : GREECE

Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 13, 2022 9:02 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
VASILIS

VASILIS

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 13, 2022 9:02 pm

Back to top Go down
VASILIS

VASILIS

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 13, 2022 9:03 pm

Back to top Go down
VASILIS

VASILIS

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 13, 2022 9:03 pm

Back to top Go down
VASILIS

VASILIS

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 13, 2022 9:11 pm

Back to top Go down
VASILIS

VASILIS

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 13, 2022 9:12 pm

Back to top Go down
VASILIS

VASILIS

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 13, 2022 9:13 pm

Back to top Go down
VASILIS

VASILIS

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 13, 2022 9:13 pm

Back to top Go down
VASILIS

VASILIS

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 13, 2022 9:14 pm

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 13, 2022 9:45 pm

Thank you Vasilis, the pics are a bit better Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 13, 2022 11:34 pm

With these updated pics, the beetle is Cetonia aurata (I suspected that initially, but expected some white maculae). I think the lizard is P. muralis and the spider is Parasteatoda tepidariorum

I also suspect the seahorse is the common seahorse, H. kuda and the flying squirrel might be the Siberian flying squirrel (Pteromys volans) but don't hold me on that

Any of you European folks recognize the moth? It must be a European species

EDIT: could the moth be a death's head hawkmoth?
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2022 12:14 am

Thank you for the better pictures. Lot of great stuff and i'm happy for the new mutants. cheers

Does anybody knows the size of the basilisk?

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2022 12:25 am

I'm certain the squirrel is actually a squirrel and not a glider/possum now. It doesn't really look right to me for a siberian flying squirrel, but since that is the only species in europe...

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2022 12:32 am

Thank you for the better images! I'm so excited for a lot of these!! The condor, flying squirrel, pigeon, lizard, and seahorse especially! Laughing bounce

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2022 1:05 am

endogenylove wrote:
I'm certain the squirrel is actually a squirrel and not a glider/possum now. It doesn't really look right to me for a siberian flying squirrel, but since that is the only species in europe...

It is not mandatory, just a tendency for some generic animals.
I actually tend to believe it is an American species, Glaucomys genus. Maybe the Northern flying squirrel. If it is, it is good for me because my flying squirrel is a giant flying squirrel by AAA.

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2022 1:48 am

Roger wrote:
endogenylove wrote:

I actually tend to believe it is an American species, Glaucomys genus. Maybe the Northern flying squirrel. If it is, it is good for me because my flying squirrel is a giant flying squirrel by AAA.

I can see myself getting the flying squirrel as a stand-in for a North American species; it really doesn't look like the Siberian, does it (besides I have a Kaiyodo Siberian that can't be beat)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2022 1:49 am

I thought it was a wolf warrior. Wink Better photos, but still a little hard to tell if the bowhead will have seams like their other whales. But great photos and still, a very nice batch for 23!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Koikinguu

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2022 1:54 am

I love how the young Octopus is just an improvement over their older octopus and it looks like the right whale would be quite small judging by the green tag
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2022 3:00 am

Thanks for the pics Vasilis! cheers I love you
Could you share the pic of the Muscovy Duck? Thanks.

Back to top Go down
endogenylove

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2022 9:14 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
Roger wrote:
endogenylove wrote:

I can see myself getting the flying squirrel as a stand-in for a North American species; it really doesn't look like the Siberian, does it (besides I have a Kaiyodo Siberian that can't be beat)

Northern was my thought for a best similarity as well. If that identification holds up with higher quality images, I will certainly be getting it
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2022 2:33 pm

As I promised to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], here are the numbers of the new fantasy models.

36024 Yeti
36025 Ice Golem
36026 Fire Golem
36027 Stone Golem
36029 Wolf Mutant
36037 Sea Dragon
36038 Air Dragon
36039 Panther Mutant
36041 Basilisk

donny ong wrote:
Thanks for the pics Vasilis!  cheers  I love you
Could you share the pic of the Muscovy Duck? Thanks.

It is not very good but here you are.

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2022 3:13 pm

Thanks for the better pictures.

The Muscovy Duck and the pidgeon are sure must have for me.

For the flying squirrel, I will wait for the forum identification. I have the Japanese dwarf flying squirrel from Eikoh and the Siberian flying squirrel  from Kaiyodo. As I prefer solid models, I could replace the Kaiyodo, but I hope for a new species or a "smaller replacement" for the large Safari IC model.

I still have no Papo insect or other antropod as I still waiting for better comparison photos with their size. Altought there would be new species for my collection, I always fear that those models are to big. If the size is nice, the Cetonia aurata and moth could join my zoo. The moth could indeed be a death's-head hawkmoth. But we will have to wait to see the model from above as it could also be some sort of Noctuidae, f.ex. Euclidia glyphica.
For the spider I have to wait, as they are often really big and even if the help of the TAW I couldn´t find if this species already exists in toyform.

The same size concerns are with the lizard...I would say P. muralis, too.

I think I will pass on the seahorse as I have some generic looking models that I identified already as Hippocampus kuda.

The re-release of the anteater is welcome as I was searching for an update for my collection. I think it was regarded on the forum as one of the better rendition and luckily, I still haven´t bought the Schleich one.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2022 5:40 pm

Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:
Thanks for the better pictures.

The Muscovy Duck and the pidgeon are sure must have for me.

For the flying squirrel, I will wait for the forum identification. I have the Japanese dwarf flying squirrel from Eikoh and the Siberian flying squirrel  from Kaiyodo. As I prefer solid models, I could replace the Kaiyodo, but I hope for a new species or a "smaller replacement" for the large Safari IC model.

I still have no Papo insect or other antropod as I still waiting for better comparison photos with their size. Altought there would be new species for my collection, I always fear that those models are to big. If the size is nice, the Cetonia aurata and moth could join my zoo. The moth could indeed be a death's-head hawkmoth. But we will have to wait to see the model from above as it could also be some sort of Noctuidae, f.ex. Euclidia glyphica.
For the spider I have to wait, as they are often really big and even if the help of the TAW I couldn´t find if this species already exists in toyform.

The same size concerns are with the lizard...I would say P. muralis, too.

I think I will pass on the seahorse as I have some generic looking models that I identified already as Hippocampus kuda.

The re-release of the anteater is welcome as I was searching for an update for my collection. I think it was regarded on the forum as one of the better rendition and luckily, I still haven´t bought the Schleich one.

Now that you mention the large Safari flying squirrel, it gets more evident the Papo figure might really be a Glaucomys. The two American species are almost identical, we know the Safari model is a Southern because it has a white belly but I don't know how obvious the differences are in real. Comparing these two pictures they look quite similar to me and likely the Papo model has the simplest painting version and Southern eventually fits better. Though, if it is confirmed it is a new-world squirrel, I believe it can be used interchangeably. The tail is surely flattened but we can't see from this angle.

Papo figure

Safari IC figure

The spider, identified by Blaine as Parasteatoda tepidariorum - Common house spider, has at least one boxed figure from an unknown Japanese manufacturer as you can see on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Though, this set is not listed on TAW and consequently the wiki does not have yet a page for this particular species.
I have all anteaters from major brands and Papo is the best in my opinion even if my favorite is the Safari model but Papo's is more realistic.

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2022 7:07 pm

I guess the flying squirrel becomes a 'yes' for me LOL; I'll probably database it as a Northern
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2022 9:13 pm

Why am I always happy when Blaine wants to add a new vertebrate in his collection ? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next