Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received

Go down 
+22
widukind
JackyLovertjex
Metallisuchus
Bowhead Whale
dlfrogman
MARTINLATIN
scot(t)
Mastiffcat
Suebeedo
baltimore zoo
ken yeo
Sergey
landrover
Silver Unicornis
Wildheart
Kikimalou
SyLoBe
Roger
SUSANNE
skysthelimit
HKHollinstone
Joan Milelire
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received   Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:44 am

Well, I tried with a candle and wather with ice and the result is awesome!

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received   Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 9:59 am

Hello, friends. I just tried the boiling/cold water system. Later I will post fotos. Also I have painted the animals I didn't like XD

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received   Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 10:17 am

Abu Rai wrote:
Hello, friends. I just tried the boiling/cold water system. Later I will post fotos. Also I have painted the animals I didn't like XD
look forward to seeing them Joan! bounce

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received   Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 12:14 pm

Oh, I've found Joan!!! affraid
I'm eager to see your repaintings! :)
Back to top Go down
Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received   Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 1:39 pm

Well, here are the repaintings.

First the coyote. is the one I'm happier with. Now he don't seems a fox :) I repainted not only the face, also some parts of the body, making him darker and with more grey fur. The pity is the photos anre not good. I'm sorry Embarassed

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now the grizzly bear. It's not finished yet, I only worked on the fur, but I'll repaint the face too:

And finally the snow leopard. I tried to work in the spots. Also in the eyes colouration.

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received   Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 1:53 pm

They're lovely repaints Joan, the coyote looks wonderful! cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received   Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 2:05 pm

That is fabulous, Joan !!!!

The coyote really looks like a coyote now - wonderful job !

And the snow leopard has got the real catty, dangerous face now cat

I can`t wait till you have finished the bear, it already looks so much more real.

For years pepole have re-painted horse models, - it looks like a good idea to also repaint other animal models.
I am delighted to follow the work of you and the other great painters here at the forum cheers
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 2:09 pm

I really like the coyote paint job!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received   Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:23 pm

Great work with the coyot! :)
Back to top Go down
Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received   Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:37 pm

thank you very much friends cheers

Back to top Go down
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received   Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:41 pm

Wonderful repaints Joan ~ such talent. I can see why the Grizzly bear looked so flat before the repaint because they didn't do any shading to show the definition.

Were you happy with the results of the heat and ice reforming the legs of your animals?
I too have tried just hot water and ice, but the legs went back to what they were.
I have a very old Schleich appaloosa with a twisted front leg that I want to fix...

I appreciate everyone sharing how they correct problem figures ~ you are all such a great group of people!

flower ~ Sue

Last edited by Suebeedo on Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received   Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 7:29 am

The coyote is so beautiful, I love it!

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received   Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 9:05 am

baltimore zoo wrote:
Hey Sergey, I like how you have the Papo bears sparring. Have you thought about repainting one brown, to have a "brown phase" black bear?

Laughing Laughing Thanks for idea Balti! Wink

Last edited by Sergey on Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received   Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 9:09 am

[quote="Abu Rai"]Well, here are the repaintings.

First the coyote. is the one I'm happier with. Now he don't seems a fox :) I repainted not only the face, also some parts of the body, making him darker and with more grey fur. The pity is the photos anre not good. I'm sorry Embarassed

...Congrats Joan! The repainting of coyote is above of all praises! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 1:50 pm

Your welcome! That way with one bear brown and one black, and positioned correctly, will give the illusion that it's two different bear figures!
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received   Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 4:28 pm

Great job on the coyote!
Of course, to make a really accurate looking coyote, you'd have to give him little spindly legs and make him look like he's got mange. We have coyotes pretty regularly in my neighborhood and they always look a mess.
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received   Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 4:42 pm

Abu Rai wrote:

Could you spare a picture from the front, I'm very interested in result of bending those legs...

Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received   Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 7:02 pm

Robert, I've been meaning to tell you how much I love your dog in your profile. He/she? is gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received   Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 4:28 am

Thanks, she's a bomb Laughing

scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received   Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 5:28 am

Abu Rai wrote:

Wow! I realize this thread is long over, but the coyote repaint especially is just fantastic (they are all great though). If you do happen to see this, I would love to know what sorts of paints you used (type, brands, and any other details) . That would be an enormous help to me as I'm also considering trying to perform some repaints as well.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received   Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 5:53 am

Ohhh Shocked

What a fantastic repaint cheers

It is just great to re-open a good subject, thankyou for the beautyful picture, Smile Very Happy

MARTINLATIN

MARTINLATIN

Country/State : CALIFORNIA

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received   Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 2:16 am

ponlo en lo caliente, ni tanto asi como en el carro dentro.

le pones una liga, y luego los pones en el refrigidador.

hasta ke veas que esta en su posicion, asi le he hecho para mayor resultados,, repetir lo mismo.

put rubber around legs, put into freezer, repite the same untill results apply-in, well.study
Back to top Go down
dlfrogman

Country/State : Idaho USA

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received   Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 9:55 am

Well that definitely confirms that when I sell my CollectA I am going to use real photos and NOT catalog ones.... Also Joan I have access to most Safari here in the States and I would be happy to hand pick some for you :)
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received   Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 3:11 pm

Safari ltd's often have those "paintjobs made by 6-year-olds"-like problems. For example, I felt lots of disappointment when, last summer, I received my Inostrancevia. In the catalog, it seems like the paint underlines well the textures of the skin. But when I received it, I saw it was just a random yellow figure with sprayed brown paint on it... plus silly brown lines around the eyes and between the toes. Bleah. Fortunately, the mold is perfect. But the paint job... well, it is just as cheaply made as any ordinary chinasaur. No
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received   Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 5:14 pm

grinninglizard (scott) wrote:
Abu Rai wrote:

Wow! I realize this thread is long over, but the coyote repaint especially is just fantastic (they are all great though). If you do happen to see this, I would love to know what sorts of paints you used (type, brands, and any other details) . That would be an enormous help to me as I'm also considering trying to perform some repaints as well.

Thanks!
a thread well worth reopening! i'd forgotten about this lovely repaint. such a beautiful coyote!
Joan, did you finish the bear? i don't recall seeing photos.

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received   Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Disappointed with some of the Safari figurines I received
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next