Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Small elephant figure

Go down 
+5
Caracal
Roger
Babdo
Kikimalou
CodyK2004
9 posters
AuthorMessage
CodyK2004

CodyK2004

Country/State : Colorado, USA

Small elephant figure  Empty
PostSubject: Small elephant figure    Small elephant figure  EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 6:11 am

Hello,

I don't know where I got this, but I recently found this elephant (or mammoth?) figure in a bin. It only says "Made in China" on the bottom, no indication of species or brand... anyone know what it is? It is about 2-3 inches in size.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Small elephant figure    Small elephant figure  EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 8:27 am

I won't help a lot on this one,are you sure it is an elephant and not a mammoth ?
Back to top Go down
CodyK2004

CodyK2004

PostSubject: Re: Small elephant figure    Small elephant figure  EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 8:37 am

Kikimalou wrote:
I won't help a lot on this one,are you sure it is an elephant and not a mammoth ?

It could be a mammoth! I'm not sure...
Back to top Go down
Babdo

Babdo

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Small elephant figure    Small elephant figure  EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 1:37 pm

Hello,
nice animal!
I do not know who is the producer.
The surface looks like porcelan?
The deep structure are black, this is seldom for plastic figures.
Benno.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Small elephant figure    Small elephant figure  EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 7:33 pm

I also can't help much but with those ears and head, it also looks like a mammoth to me.
There's a strange pareidolia effect on me, if it is supposed to represent fur, it is like I see a alphabet soup on it. Laughing It doesn't look like our regular figures at all.

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Small elephant figure    Small elephant figure  EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 7:50 pm

It looks like a Mammuthus meridionalis, the furless ancestry form of Mammuthus trogontherii and primigenius.

Last edited by Caracal on Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CodyK2004

CodyK2004

PostSubject: Re: Small elephant figure    Small elephant figure  EmptyThu Nov 24, 2022 4:04 am

Babdo wrote:
Hello,
nice animal!
I do not know who is the producer.
The surface looks like porcelan?
The deep structure are black, this is seldom for plastic figures.
Benno.

Yes, it is a very unique little figure. :) I believe its PVC. It's slightly bendable and doesn't feel like porcelain.
Back to top Go down
CodyK2004

CodyK2004

PostSubject: Re: Small elephant figure    Small elephant figure  EmptyTue Jan 24, 2023 10:06 pm

I finally found out where it's from!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Small elephant figure    Small elephant figure  EmptyTue Jan 24, 2023 10:09 pm

Interesting selection of models.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Small elephant figure    Small elephant figure  EmptyTue Jan 24, 2023 10:37 pm

Interesting! I have (and repainted) the sabertooth cat cub from this set. I had no idea where it was from though. Great sleuthing!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Small elephant figure    Small elephant figure  EmptyTue Jan 24, 2023 10:53 pm

Could you detail the other species? bounce
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Small elephant figure    Small elephant figure  EmptyWed Jan 25, 2023 1:31 am

I think I have that orange creature on the top right, I assume it was an aardvark, but is it actually something prehistoric?
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Small elephant figure    Small elephant figure  EmptyWed Jan 25, 2023 5:26 am

It's still an aardvark I think... just threw it in with the others like how dimetrodon gets lumped with dinos despite not being one. Laughing Palmface

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Small elephant figure    Small elephant figure  EmptyWed Jan 25, 2023 2:12 pm

Shocked Shocked

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Small elephant figure    Small elephant figure  EmptySat Jan 28, 2023 3:20 pm

This is an Ice Age related set. On the movie Ice Age 2, the Meltdown, aardvarks are featured on it.
However, it is very interesting to see one in a set like this. One more US Toys set, I guess. I hope to find one and it also shows we were right about the mammoth.

CodyK2004

PostSubject: Re: Small elephant figure    Small elephant figure  EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 2:11 am

Caracal wrote:
Could you detail the other species? bounce
If I have them and can find them, sure. I don't think I have many of them, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Small elephant figure    Small elephant figure  Empty

Back to top Go down

Small elephant figure
Page 1 of 1