Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

3 finds in Barcelona - one wwf...

Go down 
+5
rogerpgvg
Roger
Caracal
Stripedhyena
Lennart
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Lennart

Country/State : Sweden

3 finds in Barcelona - one wwf... Empty
PostSubject: 3 finds in Barcelona - one wwf...   3 finds in Barcelona - one wwf... EmptyFri Jan 06, 2023 4:42 pm

Hi,

When visiting Barcelona this week we passed a small papermaterial shop which had large glass displays outside with small animals.
Spotted immediately two Starlux animals, 1746 "Nandou" and 1775 "Peccary". As I have them already we just passed and I thought I maybe should go back another day.
The last day we decided to go there again, but before I enter I told my bf that I will check the display again to be sure. And then I found the WF5 "Colobe noir et bland" beside some pigs.
Went in and bought all three for Euro 8,85.
Found the monkey at eBay out for over 50 € the others for around 10 €.
So a good find, always look att animals on display...

Lennart
Stockholm
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: 3 finds in Barcelona - one wwf...   3 finds in Barcelona - one wwf... EmptyFri Jan 06, 2023 5:54 pm

These types of findings are the ones that taste the best....
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: 3 finds in Barcelona - one wwf...   3 finds in Barcelona - one wwf... EmptyFri Jan 06, 2023 6:16 pm

Very Happy the 3 for 8,85 euros!! good deal! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 3 finds in Barcelona - one wwf...   3 finds in Barcelona - one wwf... EmptyFri Jan 06, 2023 9:13 pm

That's a surprising find and a fantastic deal! This hobby is made of these little stories that may look meaningless to most people but our community knows how unbelievably great is to have an experience like this.
Congratulations and I wished to see you more often on forum. Very Happy

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: 3 finds in Barcelona - one wwf...   3 finds in Barcelona - one wwf... EmptyFri Jan 06, 2023 9:43 pm

Lucky you, great figures in a great condition!

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: 3 finds in Barcelona - one wwf...   3 finds in Barcelona - one wwf... EmptySat Jan 07, 2023 4:22 am

that's fantastic and exciting! I bet it made your day? I really like them all:)
did the display case have more animals in it?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 3 finds in Barcelona - one wwf...   3 finds in Barcelona - one wwf... EmptySat Jan 07, 2023 7:19 pm

Phantastic catch in a wonderful town

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: 3 finds in Barcelona - one wwf...   3 finds in Barcelona - one wwf... EmptySun Jan 08, 2023 6:27 pm

Wonderful additions-I must look out the next time I am in Barcelona!!

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 3 finds in Barcelona - one wwf...   3 finds in Barcelona - one wwf... EmptyMon Jan 09, 2023 9:07 am

Great find, especially the monkey of course and for a fantastic price. Your "Nandou" isn't the rhea, it is the "Emeu" Emu Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lennart

Country/State : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: 3 finds in Barcelona - one wwf...   3 finds in Barcelona - one wwf... EmptyMon Jan 09, 2023 6:05 pm

Hi again!

Sunny: The displays was huge and carried a lot more figures and animals bur nothing I really wanted, maybe som domestic animals like cows but I have like 500 cattle so...
Kikimalou: You are probably the expert, Starlux was never sold in Sweden som I have bought mine mainly in Paris, Crest and Rome.
I looked in mine Starlux - Historique du géant Francais des figurines plastiques - Tome II by Alain Thomas et Jerry Meimoun and despite that this is a great book of the company's figures, all animals are not on photos, some are only in, what I guess, is reprints of the plants promotional papers.
But maybe U r right, and if so then it's not one of the best Starlux animals, I think an emu is more long and and grey.
So a bt difficult to tell but I do think that mine bird looks more like a "nandou" than an "emou".
:-)
/Lennart
Stockholm

i[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 3 finds in Barcelona - one wwf...   3 finds in Barcelona - one wwf... EmptyMon Jan 09, 2023 7:57 pm

Here is the Starlux Nandou (Rhea) Very Happy

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 3 finds in Barcelona - one wwf...   3 finds in Barcelona - one wwf... EmptyWed Jan 11, 2023 6:30 pm

pm sent

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3 finds in Barcelona - one wwf...   3 finds in Barcelona - one wwf... Empty

Back to top Go down

3 finds in Barcelona - one wwf...
Page 1 of 1