Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2023 Papo Seahorse Walkaround With Comparisons

Go down 
+4
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
Roger
Joliezac
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

2023 Papo Seahorse Walkaround With Comparisons Empty
PostSubject: 2023 Papo Seahorse Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Papo Seahorse Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyTue Feb 28, 2023 11:23 pm

Today a very exciting package: The first 2023 figures from Papo! I got the pot-bellied pig, seahorse, & flying squirrel.

Here is the seahorse  cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This new seahorse is a wonderful addition to Papo's aquatic line. The figure is painted really well and I love all the grooves and ridges along the body. I was surprised to see the addition of a cloacal fin, although there are 2 instead of 1... The coral and kelp around the seahorse is brightly painted and I'm excited to add this figure to my coral reef shelf cheers

I have it marked down as a yellow seahorse but I don't know if that is what it is, if anyone has any other suggestions let me know Laughing

And here are some comparisons with my other 2 appropriately scaled seahorse by Schleich & Yowie:

They fit together quite nicely and are basically the same size. I will be getting Eikoh's seahorse soon and I think that one will fit very well with this Papo one. They're even both attached to similar pieces of coral  Very Happy

This seahorse is a great start to Papo's new 2023 figures and I'm excited to get many more from Papo this year  bounce

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Papo Seahorse Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Papo Seahorse Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyTue Feb 28, 2023 11:41 pm

Very nice figure, I am used to seahorses since my childhood once they used to be very common in my homeland. I'd be surprised if someone finds a better match than Hippocampus kuda but that's a fact, some species are very similar.
Thus a common seahorse, also known as yellow seahorse. Below a picture of one.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Papo Seahorse Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Papo Seahorse Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyTue Feb 28, 2023 11:48 pm

Very nice! Congrats again.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Papo Seahorse Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Papo Seahorse Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed Mar 01, 2023 7:58 am

I like seahorses. This figure reminds me on the Eikoh seahorse.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Papo Seahorse Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Papo Seahorse Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed Mar 01, 2023 9:42 am

Beautiful model and walkaround! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Papo Seahorse Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Papo Seahorse Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed Mar 01, 2023 6:46 pm

Really beautiful model, even that I don´t need it as most of our seahorses could be used as Hippocampus kuda^^
Thank you for the comparison!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Papo Seahorse Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Papo Seahorse Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed Mar 01, 2023 8:26 pm

Thank you for the walkaround Very Happy

A beautiful sea horse, tempting but alas I will have to make choices because of lack of place and money Sad Well, that's not quite it, let's say that I have more appetite than banknotes in my wallet Laughing
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Papo Seahorse Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Papo Seahorse Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed Mar 01, 2023 9:14 pm

I wanted this one, and now that I also have it in-hand, it doesn't disappoint. I am databasing mine as a common/yellow seahorse (H. kuda); there is no reason to suspect anything else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Papo Seahorse Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Papo Seahorse Walkaround With Comparisons Empty

Back to top Go down

2023 Papo Seahorse Walkaround With Comparisons
Page 1 of 1