Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2023 Papo Pot-Bellied Pig Walkaround With Comparisons

Go down 
+5
Stripedhyena
widukind
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
Joliezac
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

2023 Papo Pot-Bellied Pig Walkaround With Comparisons  Empty
PostSubject: 2023 Papo Pot-Bellied Pig Walkaround With Comparisons    2023 Papo Pot-Bellied Pig Walkaround With Comparisons  EmptyTue Feb 28, 2023 11:32 pm

Here is Papo's new 2023 pot-bellied pig!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I quite like this pig. It is the 3rd domestic figure I have gotten this year and I'm very happy with all of them. I don't have much farm life, so this will be a good addition for my display Very Happy

Here with Schleich's:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Papo Pot-Bellied Pig Walkaround With Comparisons    2023 Papo Pot-Bellied Pig Walkaround With Comparisons  EmptyTue Feb 28, 2023 11:46 pm

It fits in really well with the piglets especially! Congrats!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Papo Pot-Bellied Pig Walkaround With Comparisons    2023 Papo Pot-Bellied Pig Walkaround With Comparisons  EmptyWed Mar 01, 2023 12:58 am

The most interesting point about this figure is that it is completely different of every other potbellied pig figure we know.
It may represent a different breed/type, Hanoi? It is hard to tell. The sculpting quality is serious so I assume it is sculpted after a certain type and it is not just artistic license. Maybe [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] knows about it?

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Papo Pot-Bellied Pig Walkaround With Comparisons    2023 Papo Pot-Bellied Pig Walkaround With Comparisons  EmptyWed Mar 01, 2023 7:58 am

Nice pig figure

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Papo Pot-Bellied Pig Walkaround With Comparisons    2023 Papo Pot-Bellied Pig Walkaround With Comparisons  EmptyWed Mar 01, 2023 9:14 am

Papo, as it has been for years in my opinion, the QUEEN of brands for its perfect balance between realism and artistry in both modeling and painting.
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Papo Pot-Bellied Pig Walkaround With Comparisons    2023 Papo Pot-Bellied Pig Walkaround With Comparisons  EmptyWed Mar 01, 2023 12:47 pm

This a really wonderful and accurate model.Vietnamese pot bellied pigs are a variety of types with the main ones that were imported to the west in 1980s being the I and the Mong Cai.The I is mainly black and the Mong Cai is white with black patches.Many of the pigs today are a mixture of the varieties and also sometimes crossed with other breeds.Doing a bit of research and looking in my pig breed book,the I is split into two types-the I mo or fatty which is the one I think the Papo model represents and the Schleich model represents the other which is the I pha or Large.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Papo Pot-Bellied Pig Walkaround With Comparisons    2023 Papo Pot-Bellied Pig Walkaround With Comparisons  EmptyWed Mar 01, 2023 8:41 pm

Very nice walkaround and very informative comments, thank you all Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Papo Pot-Bellied Pig Walkaround With Comparisons    2023 Papo Pot-Bellied Pig Walkaround With Comparisons  EmptyWed Mar 01, 2023 10:08 pm

Thank you for your superb info Taylor!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Papo Pot-Bellied Pig Walkaround With Comparisons    2023 Papo Pot-Bellied Pig Walkaround With Comparisons  EmptyThu Mar 02, 2023 12:46 am

Thanks Taylor for bringing your knowledge to the board. cheers

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Papo Pot-Bellied Pig Walkaround With Comparisons    2023 Papo Pot-Bellied Pig Walkaround With Comparisons  EmptyThu Mar 02, 2023 9:49 pm

No problem,happy to help!

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Papo Pot-Bellied Pig Walkaround With Comparisons    2023 Papo Pot-Bellied Pig Walkaround With Comparisons  EmptySat Nov 18, 2023 11:36 pm

Roger wrote:
The most interesting point about this figure is that it is completely different of every other potbellied pig figure we know.
It may represent a different breed/type, Hanoi? It is hard to tell. The sculpting quality is serious so I assume it is sculpted after a certain type and it is not just artistic license. Maybe [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] knows about it?

I think it doesn't represent a vietnamese pot-bellied pig. But there are some more pot-bellied breeds. So it could be a Minipig like a Minnesota minipig or a Göttingen minipig.

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Papo Pot-Bellied Pig Walkaround With Comparisons    2023 Papo Pot-Bellied Pig Walkaround With Comparisons  EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 12:17 am

Megaptera wrote:
Roger wrote:

I think it doesn't represent a vietnamese pot-bellied pig. But there are some more pot-bellied breeds. So it could be a Minipig like a Minnesota minipig or a Göttingen minipig.

Sure it does, it just represents the I-mo, rather than the I-pha (which is what most people here think about as that is what Schleich's is modeled after)
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Papo Pot-Bellied Pig Walkaround With Comparisons    2023 Papo Pot-Bellied Pig Walkaround With Comparisons  EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 11:47 am

Thank you for your hints.cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Papo Pot-Bellied Pig Walkaround With Comparisons    2023 Papo Pot-Bellied Pig Walkaround With Comparisons  Empty

Back to top Go down

2023 Papo Pot-Bellied Pig Walkaround With Comparisons
Page 1 of 1