Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!

Go down 
+23
Stripedhyena
Saarlooswolfhound
Numa
Bloodrayne
Balaenoptera
Sergey
molla.nasreddin
Katy Leven
Bonnie
sunny
bjarki12
Brandubh94
pipsxlch
rogerpgvg
Taos
widukind
Joliezac
landrover
lucky luke
Caracal
Kikimalou
Ana
Jill
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! Empty
PostSubject: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! EmptySun Apr 30, 2023 7:25 am

Hello dear friends!

Since I made a website for this intention, I wasn't planning on doing anymore topics quite like this to host my entire collection to date. However, there are changes to the hosting site I use and in order to make the updates I wanted to I found out that it will take some weeks if not longer to complete... and it requires that my while website my rebuilt from the foundation up. So currently it is essentially defunct until I can get the work completed around my busy schedule... Then I got to thinking, I am still updating photos anyhow, and since I just joined ATF and DTF since becoming an official reviewer, I can post my collection there and may as well do a finale of sorts here also.  We will start with Oceania this year. :) Expect 1-2 species/group photos a week. So without further ado...

What sort of self respecting canid collector would I be if I didn't begin with one?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:24 pm; edited 231 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! EmptySun Apr 30, 2023 9:09 am

Applause Applause Applause Applause

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! EmptySun Apr 30, 2023 6:48 pm

Thank you Andreas!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! EmptySun Apr 30, 2023 7:28 pm

Beautiful! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Jill

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! EmptySun Apr 30, 2023 7:44 pm

Excited to see more from your collection! Sorry to hear about the unexpected road blocks in your website, but I'm sure it will be well worth it when all the work is complete.

Love your dingos! What a beautiful yellow family. What is the brand on the one behind the Yowie and the large polybag one with the black tail tip? I haven't seen those.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! EmptySun Apr 30, 2023 8:44 pm

The small guy is an ooooold custom I did when I only had one dingo! It is from this model: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The two poly bag figures I assume are wild republic/k&m int variations...But both are from thrift stores so I really don't know.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! EmptySun Apr 30, 2023 11:15 pm

Blue pics strike back cheers
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! EmptyMon May 01, 2023 2:56 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
The small guy is an ooooold custom I did when I only had one dingo! It is from this model: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The two poly bag figures I assume are wild republic/k&m int variations...But both are from thrift stores so I really don't know.
Thanks! Your custom looks great! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! EmptyMon May 01, 2023 7:38 pm

Thank you Kiki and Jill. Very Happy I think another update will come tomorrow. Cool

As an aside, if I get dogs that suit the dingo shape, I will customizing and recustomizing the one pictured into new colors. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! EmptyTue May 02, 2023 1:45 am

Work is slow tonight...  What a Face

And here, another favorite species of mine from down under... the Tasmanian Devil! I was excited to learn a while back that a wildlife team (Aussie Ark) are working on getting these animals reintroduced to mainland Australia (for the first time in 3,000 years)! 

[size=30][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/size]

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! EmptyTue May 02, 2023 2:30 am

Great critter! Love all of his open mouth appearances. Laughing He has a lot to say.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! EmptyTue May 02, 2023 6:41 pm

Thank you Jill. :)

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! EmptyTue May 02, 2023 7:13 pm

A very interesting animal and wonderful figures. I was lucky to see one in the Zoo Prague

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! EmptyWed May 03, 2023 5:06 am

Thank you Andreas! I don't think I have seen one in person sadly, but I have visited the Idaho Falls Zoo at Tautphaus Park many times and they added New Guinea Singing Dogs, a cousin to the Dingo, a few years back. Gorgeous and intelligent animals.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! EmptyWed May 03, 2023 5:49 am

Also, I would like to note while thinking about this and having a private discussion elsewhere... what we think is the "ancestor" species for the New Guinea Singing Dog (and likely the dingo as well), the Highland Dog, of Southeast Asia, has recently been rediscovered. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! EmptyWed May 03, 2023 8:20 am

Nice picture of a nice tribe Paige cheers

I only own the three singing ones on the top right of your pic and they are really excellent I love you
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! EmptyWed May 03, 2023 11:03 am

What a fantastic collection of these special creatures cheers

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Also, I would like to note while thinking about this and having a private discussion elsewhere... what we think is the "ancestor" species for the New Guinea Singing Dog (and likely the dingo as well), the Highland Dog, of Southeast Asia, has recently been rediscovered. 

That's fascinating! Thank you for sharing! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! EmptyWed May 03, 2023 5:34 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

Really cool development for sure! Are you going to add some Highland dog customs to your collection? I bet there are not models yet . . .

I recently attended an AZA reptile conference and someone presented on the research he has been doing in the same area on Boelen's python. Seems like a hard place to get into, physically and politically, so i can imagine why they weren't seen for so long.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! EmptyWed May 03, 2023 7:51 pm

Thank you my friends! 

Jill, that snake is incredible to look at, thank you for showing me a new species! I would love to have a representative of each wild dog species. And I can probably find a figure to represent a singing or highland dog. My dream is to make a custom for the rarest wild dog of all, the Zorro or Short Eared Dog. I am not confident enough in my sculpting skills yet to make one from scratch, but keep my eyes peeled for a figure that wouldn't take too much alteration to do (like my small badger to a bush dog). Someday...

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! EmptyWed May 03, 2023 9:37 pm

Beautiful group. I like the least aggressive one, the one at the top right most. Christophe says the other ones are singing, so they are good too.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! EmptyWed May 03, 2023 10:46 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
Beautiful group. I like the least aggressive one, the one at the top right most. Christophe says the other ones are singing, so they are good too.

scratch I meant at the top left Laughing
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! EmptyThu May 04, 2023 12:42 am

Interesting group of tasmanian , they are really devils..... Twisted Evil

Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! EmptyThu May 04, 2023 1:28 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Thank you my friends! 

Jill, that snake is incredible to look at, thank you for showing me a new species! I would love to have a representative of each wild dog species. And I can probably find a figure to represent a singing or highland dog. My dream is to make a custom for the rarest wild dog of all, the Zorro or Short Eared Dog. I am not confident enough in my sculpting skills yet to make one from scratch, but keep my eyes peeled for a figure that wouldn't take too much alteration to do (like my small badger to a bush dog). Someday...
Oh man, I JUST found out about the short earred dog I think like two or three weeks ago. It falls into the "shaped like an animal" category in my head. Ambiguous. Laughing But really cool!! I'd love to see a custom of one.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! EmptyThu May 04, 2023 1:42 am

Thank you my friends! 

Jill, from what I have read (theres really a whole lot, though images from 2-3 years ago were nonexistant and now theres lots! Even one in a harness?!?) they are incredibly rare and mythically shy. Very archaic mammal looking (simple long body, relatively short legs, long tail, tubular shaped skull, small ears, even colored dark coat) like it belongs at the feet of dinosaurs or something.

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! EmptyThu May 04, 2023 2:04 am

Thank you for the fascinating articles, and the introduction to the short eared dog! Perhaps you mentioned the test subject for a short eared dog- some generic weaselish figure. Archaic mammalish, like you said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! Empty

Back to top Go down

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next