Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!

Go down 
+23
Stripedhyena
Saarlooswolfhound
Numa
Bloodrayne
Balaenoptera
Sergey
molla.nasreddin
Katy Leven
Bonnie
sunny
bjarki12
Brandubh94
pipsxlch
rogerpgvg
Taos
widukind
Joliezac
landrover
lucky luke
Caracal
Kikimalou
Ana
Jill
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 22 EmptyWed 04 Oct 2023, 20:44

You have more red wolves than I have gray foxes. Laughing Well, I don't customize models so...

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 22 EmptyWed 04 Oct 2023, 21:25

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 22 EmptyWed 04 Oct 2023, 23:31

Wonderful customised mexican wolves! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 22 EmptyThu 05 Oct 2023, 15:04

Thank you everyone!

Wisents are next!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Another species thay suffered a near extinction they are now enjoying recovery progress. There is an estimated 3200 bison in the wild. It is thought that the wisent evolved from hybridization between the now extinct aurochs and steppe bison.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 22 EmptyThu 05 Oct 2023, 15:42

Beautiful pair! I love the Bullyland one I love you

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 22 EmptyThu 05 Oct 2023, 17:52

The both figures in the toyworld

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 22 EmptyThu 05 Oct 2023, 22:43

Interesting facts about the European bison. I didn't know about that. :)

widukind wrote:

If you mean the only two figures, Toy Animal Wiki shows a few more. I have myself more than two of them. If it is only considering the major brands, that's right. 1. Schleich, 2. Bullyland and let's hope it don't last so long to see [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], maybe Mojö Fun could be a good guess.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 22 EmptyFri 06 Oct 2023, 05:16

Roger wrote:

widukind wrote:

If you mean the only two figures, Toy Animal Wiki shows a few more. I have myself more than two of them. If it is only considering the major brands, that's right. 1. Schleich, 2. Bullyland and let's hope it don't last so long to see [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], maybe Mojö Fun could be a good guess.

I never recogniced that, thank you

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 22 EmptyFri 06 Oct 2023, 18:34

Thank you everyone!

Arctic wolves!

One of my favorite fact for these animals is that they have a unique mechanism to retain heat. It is called vasoconstriction; put simply they can constrict their veins in their extremeties to reduce heat loss. Their abdomen is covered in woolly hair to retain heat, but on their legs it is shorter. Because of this they constrict the veins going down to their paws which reduces heat transfer of warm blood. This in turn means that blood leaving the body trunk and going to the feet cools while blood coming back up to tye trunk warms up. In this way it greatly reduces the body heat loss in their extreme climate. Many arctic animals do this, but arctic wolves are some of the best at it according to thermal camera studies.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 22 EmptyFri 06 Oct 2023, 18:38

And now as a shameless plug... here is my first ATB article on my favorite model. It will be joined by another arctic wolf article soon!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 22 EmptyFri 06 Oct 2023, 19:23

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 22 EmptyFri 06 Oct 2023, 21:32

Wonderful pack! cheers cheers drunken

About wisents  it's a pity there are so few! Maybe the main brands suspect confusion risk with the american bison.. Papo is my hope for the next one..
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 22 EmptyFri 06 Oct 2023, 22:21

I love Arctic wolves and Safari's remains a favorite. Which one do you like most, Papo or Schleich? I enjoy doing these silly questions. Wink

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 22 EmptySat 07 Oct 2023, 03:19

Very interesting mechanism for heating by vasoconstriction. study study study study

Nice wolves you have of the artic world. cheers

Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 22 EmptySat 07 Oct 2023, 17:24

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 22 EmptySat 07 Oct 2023, 19:57

Thank you everyone!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], for me I like the Papo wolf better. I do really think its a nice sculpt for an arctic wolf, its only drawback is how static it is in position. The Schleich has that weird texture they experimented with... its more like the new Valais sheep than a wolf. Wink

Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 22 EmptySat 07 Oct 2023, 21:57

widukind wrote:
Roger wrote:

widukind wrote:

I never recogniced that, thank you

There is small scale 5 pcs Mertens wisent set and I believe Heinerle/Manurba made some wisents too... :)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 22 EmptyMon 09 Oct 2023, 16:56

Rocky Mountain Elk!

Elk bugling is done not only through their mouths but with their nostrils also! Both together make the unique howling pitches. To some degree... elk can count! In this instance, studies have shown that if presented with the choice between bulls to mate with, a cow will always choose the bull with more points on their rack!

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 22 EmptyMon 09 Oct 2023, 20:47

Superb collection of Elks!!cheers cheers cheers cheers

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 22 EmptyMon 09 Oct 2023, 23:36

I need the newer standard sized Safari elk. I have the old one and I don't like it that much.

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Thank you everyone!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], for me I like the Papo wolf better. I do really think its a nice sculpt for an arctic wolf, its only drawback is how static it is in position. The Schleich has that weird texture they experimented with... its more like the new Valais sheep than a wolf. Wink

Thanks for your reply Paige. I think I like the Papo most too. The sheep texture is also not of my appreciation.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 22 EmptyTue 10 Oct 2023, 00:26

Thank you Taylor and Roger! Safari is the only big brand to even attempt an elk, let alone both that and a red deer. I sincerely hope for a cow and calf someday to go with their bull.

Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 22 EmptyTue 10 Oct 2023, 03:10

I like the two figures on the right side at the back. cheers cheers cheers

Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 22 EmptyTue 10 Oct 2023, 06:10

I love elk! What brand are the females up top? Are they repaints? I feel like I've seen them in a previous post.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 22 EmptyTue 10 Oct 2023, 15:23

@Fernando, those are the Wild Republic polybag and Treehouse Kids models. :)

@Jolie, those are customs of mine.

Honshū and Hokkaido wolves!

There are no wolves on this island today. The last Honshū wolf was killed in 1905 in central Japan while the last Hokkaido was deemed extinct in 1889. They went extinct due to mixture of disease (rabies and distemper introduction) and hunting.

Honshū were the smallest of the wolves, only growing to be about 35 inches long and 12 inches tall. They resembled coyotes and jackals more than wolves. The Honshū has been genetically proven to have descended from the extinct pleistocene wolf while the Hokkaido is descended from modern gray wolves. The Hokkaido were built more like modern gray wolves in size.

Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 22 EmptyTue 10 Oct 2023, 16:51

Very Happy Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next