Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!

Go down 
+23
Stripedhyena
Saarlooswolfhound
Numa
Bloodrayne
Balaenoptera
Sergey
molla.nasreddin
Katy Leven
Bonnie
sunny
bjarki12
Brandubh94
pipsxlch
rogerpgvg
Taos
widukind
Joliezac
landrover
lucky luke
Caracal
Kikimalou
Ana
Jill
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 40 EmptyTue Feb 27, 2024 3:34 pm

Caiman!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

There are 6 species of caiman! The largest (black) can get to be 18+ feet long while the smallest (Cuvier's dwarf) averages about 4 feet long.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 40 EmptyTue Feb 27, 2024 5:21 pm

Very nice caimans and thank you

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 40 EmptyTue Feb 27, 2024 11:41 pm

You soon will be able to add a 9th with the Papo next one! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 40 EmptyWed Feb 28, 2024 12:18 am

And a 10th with Toymany's. Very Happy

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 40 EmptyWed Feb 28, 2024 8:45 am

The Safari 113389 Alligator is very tempting, how long is it ? I already host the Mojo on my 1/15 American shelf and if the Safari is bigger enough I could decide it is 1/12 and have a good excuse to collect it Laughing Could you make some comparisons pics ? Embarassed

I'm tempted by Bernie too, this Alligator has a special place in the collectors world I love you

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
American alligators!
These guys have proven smarter than they may look. Wild gators have been observed balancing bracken and sticks on their heads to entice nesting birds to approach. They then make a strike attempt! Pretty ingenious to outsmart the birds preoccupied with nest building.

It's not only alligators that are like that, I know a Portuguese crocodile that regularly tries to catch me by waving pieces of plastic in front of my nose. Laughing

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Caiman!
And a 10th with Toymany's. Very Happy

Yes of course "The ten Caïmans" ! Wasn't it a Cecil B. DeMille movie ? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 40 EmptyWed Feb 28, 2024 3:10 pm

Thank you Kiki, and yes of course I can make comparison photos this weekend.

Gharial!

Their name is derived from the Indian word "ghara" which means "mud pot"; European explorers misread it and named these animals "gavials". Hence, both titles are used today. They also have the largest eggs of any crocodilian species weighing in at 6 oz (160 grams) per egg!

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 40 EmptyWed Feb 28, 2024 3:12 pm

Why Indians call them mud pots is a mystery for me Shocked

Great batch Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 40 EmptyWed Feb 28, 2024 6:21 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 40 EmptyWed Feb 28, 2024 9:41 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers

Jill

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 40 EmptyWed Feb 28, 2024 10:16 pm

Wow so many gharials! Love those weirdos! I didn't know why they had two different common names, that's interesting, misunderstanding seems to be the root of many common names. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 40 EmptyThu Feb 29, 2024 1:03 am

I like many of these, I think brands improved a lot on doing crocodilian figures.They were often silly or poorly represented in the first stages of the major brands. Fortunately, now almost every brand has at least a good crocodilian figure.

Kikimalou wrote:

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
American alligators!
These guys have proven smarter than they may look. Wild gators have been observed balancing bracken and sticks on their heads to entice nesting birds to approach. They then make a strike attempt! Pretty ingenious to outsmart the birds preoccupied with nest building.

It's not only alligators that are like that, I know a Portuguese crocodile that regularly tries to catch me by waving pieces of plastic in front of my nose. Laughing

What? Who? Laughing Laughing

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 40 EmptyThu Feb 29, 2024 3:09 pm

Thank you everyone. :)

Cuban and American crocs!

Cuban crocodiles are the most endangered of their family group. One unique feature is that their hind feet are less webbed and hind legs a little longer than other crocs. This enables them to do a "high walk" on land much easier than any other croc species!

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 40 EmptyThu Feb 29, 2024 6:01 pm

I have none of them, what is surprising is that even if their hind legs are a little longer than other crocs, it is not obvious on the models. Very Happy I hope one day someone will make a walking one.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 40 EmptyThu Feb 29, 2024 6:50 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers

Especially for the large K&M

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 40 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2024 5:08 pm

More crocs!

My factoid will be for my dwarf cave crocodile. These guys are technically the species of African dwarf crocodiles, but there are individuals that have moved into caves and take advantage if this niche. Their diets have shifted; outside crocs eat freshwater critters while the cave dwellers eat almost exclusively crickets and bats (their scutes actually bleach orange from the acidic bat guano). Some scientists theorize that they could be evolving into a new species, making it a great research opportunity. The only forseeable challenge currently to their alternative lifestyle is their reproductive cycle.

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 40 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2024 11:07 pm

The Chap Mei is a gator I think.. :)

-------
Since too many posts were made, this topic has been divided automatically. You can find the rest of this topic here :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 40 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40