Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Big Birthday Haul!!! Haul Lot 3

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

Big Birthday Haul!!! Haul Lot 3 Empty
PostSubject: Big Birthday Haul!!! Haul Lot 3   Big Birthday Haul!!! Haul Lot 3 EmptySat Aug 19, 2023 9:51 am

For my birthday, I decided to boost up my figurine collection, picking up some ones on my wish list for a while, and a few that caught my eye because they're simply cool and different. Here's lot three:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The third of my extinct species figurines, this one is Romulus the Papo Cave Bear (55066) not sure why I called him Romulus, except it somewhat seems to fit!

I realise I probably have enough horses by now, except maybe not enough pones? Or more particularly, Connemara ponies?! This gorgeous little figure is a Schleich Connemara Pony Mare (13863) Usually these ponies are depicted as being white, but to see a brown colored one is a nice difference, and the little flowers in her mane give her a magical look, like a horse of the fae. Because of this, I named her Realtín which in Irish manes 'Little Star.'

This is Dapple, my CollectA British Spotted Pony (88750) I picked her up too simply because her lovely coat pattern appealed to me, in a way, the speckles reminds me of both the Appaloosas breeds and the Knabstruppers.
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Big Birthday Haul!!! Haul Lot 3   Big Birthday Haul!!! Haul Lot 3 EmptySat Aug 19, 2023 11:03 am

And the third lot of interesting figures!
Congratulations on these three as well!
The cave bear is a very cool figure! I might get him for my collection in the future too.
The Connemara pony is cute. I like the mould but Schleich decided to put a fantasy coat colour on her so I will get the gray set exclusive instead of the regular one.
I'm a little bit on the fence on the British Spotted pony. I really like how they made her mane and the mould is cute too. Maybe CollectA will put a colour on her in the future that will appeal a little bit more to me than this one.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Big Birthday Haul!!! Haul Lot 3   Big Birthday Haul!!! Haul Lot 3 EmptySat Aug 19, 2023 11:07 am

Yes Katy, Connemara ponies are nearly always depicted as white, so Realtín has a fantasy spin on her. I get it about Dapple the British Spotted Pony, her pose is definitely not very exciting, but her strange coat drew me to her, even though she does look very orange.
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Big Birthday Haul!!! Haul Lot 3   Big Birthday Haul!!! Haul Lot 3 EmptySat Aug 19, 2023 11:24 am

Yeah it's probably the orange that is a little bit too much for my taste.
It would have been cool if Schleich gave her a buckskin coat colour but they didn't gave her the black points on her legs a buckskin must have. That's why I won't get her in this "coat colour" but the realistic grey one. I really wish that CollectA will release a buckskin stallion of this breed because I love buckskins and ponies as well!
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Big Birthday Haul!!! Haul Lot 3   Big Birthday Haul!!! Haul Lot 3 EmptySat Aug 19, 2023 11:47 am

I'm hoping too they do a bit of a more realistic and maybe muted colour on her, with varying tones of colour. I dunno though...the breed I think has unique and bright pattern a lot of the time
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Big Birthday Haul!!! Haul Lot 3   Big Birthday Haul!!! Haul Lot 3 EmptySat Aug 19, 2023 2:09 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Big Birthday Haul!!! Haul Lot 3   Big Birthday Haul!!! Haul Lot 3 EmptySat Aug 19, 2023 4:08 pm

Congrats for the Papo cave bear for it is a species very scarcly released (only 7) cheers cheers

Last edited by Caracal on Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Big Birthday Haul!!! Haul Lot 3   Big Birthday Haul!!! Haul Lot 3 EmptySat Aug 19, 2023 4:21 pm

What?! A rare species depiction eh...? That's really cool Caracal! He's a very nice mold too.
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Big Birthday Haul!!! Haul Lot 3   Big Birthday Haul!!! Haul Lot 3 EmptySat Aug 19, 2023 4:26 pm

I really like the British Spotted Pony's pose, with the resting hind foot. Reminds me of casual time spent around ponies, just hanging out with them and doing field jobs while they nap, which is a sweet choice for a model cos so many of them are sculpted in dramatic action poses, or standing square and alert like a stud photo or a breed book example. A pony just relaxing and being a pony makes a refreshing change :)

Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Big Birthday Haul!!! Haul Lot 3   Big Birthday Haul!!! Haul Lot 3 EmptySat Aug 19, 2023 4:29 pm

Yeah you're right George, some aren't very fond of the stationary models alright but for me it was her interesting coat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Birthday Haul!!! Haul Lot 3   Big Birthday Haul!!! Haul Lot 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Big Birthday Haul!!! Haul Lot 3
Page 1 of 1